TEXAS @ BAYLOR Series

petscii

7 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Texas baserunning has been borderline atrocious all season. Apparently, there’s no price to pay for being situationally impaired. 

If you say so. Our speed has been an asset all year. I just have to disagree with this take. You are just overreacting to this game so far.

Because baserunning was a problem under late-Augie, too, I'm going to guess it's not taught at the high school level very well (sure wasn't when I was in school), and maybe the speed merchants we have largely recruited could run their way out of stupidity.

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Why not both? Our speed has been an asset, and our baserunning has been atrocious quite a bit this year imho.

I am just a little skeptical about the accuracy of the critique. I mean so far we have been judged atrocious at pitching, hitting, fielding, and base running yet we seem to have a pretty decent team overall. I mean surely at least one aspect of our team manages to at least be mediocre.

6 minutes ago, Goodman said:

We've given up two outs running the bases, Elder did a poor job of attempting to field his position on that chopper up the middle and blow a 4 run lead, nothing easy with this team. Let go get 4 more.

Three.  One was a double play.

I would love if Burleson & Ford took control of that right side for the next 3 years. I like their approach to the game, hope they have a great year.

Who do we have in line to play SS next year? Reagan is not going to be the guy IMO.

4 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Feel free to review the game threads. I’ve commented when they occurred. 

You have come into every single game thread and pronounced literally everything that happens to go wrong as evidence that entire aspect of our game is atrocious. Pretty lazy analysis.

Just now, EuroHorn said:

Pitching hitting  fielding.  What are we best at ?

Starting pitching...sometimes.

I am not really sure what we are that great at but for whatever reason the whole has been larger than the sum of the parts so far.