Better Call Saul. Not coming back until 2020

Goo Punch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great episode!

I don’t think Jeff is harmless. At first I thought Gene was just being paranoid but when then I realized he’s also the taxi driver from last season.

c71ef1e7c6f9ac64f564ed89e1e1c5c9.jpg079902a453d938ad56674531b61b41d0.jpg

I’m undecided on whether he’s law enforcement or cartel or something else but looks like Gene is gonna try and take care of him.

Has Jimmy/Saul/Gene ever killed anyone? I don’t think he has.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Great episode!

I don’t think Jeff is harmless. At first I thought Gene was just being paranoid but when then I realized he’s also the taxi driver from last season.

I’m undecided on whether he’s law enforcement or cartel or something else but looks like Gene is gonna try and take care of him.

Wow, I totally missed that. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

4 hours ago, miguelito said:

I was surprised Gene admitted being Saul, ...

Agreed.  It totally did not make sense.  Slippin' Jimmy is smarter than that.  I understand that he felt vulnerable.  He looked at the Paul Blart mall cops before making his decision, but it wasn't clear what exactly he was calculating in the moment with that.  Maybe I need to rewatch past seasons to grok it.

I was surprised Gene admitted being Saul, with all the warning signs and his spidey senses going off. 

In the behind the scenes video they said Gene has been scared of everything and everyone and that while he was talking to the vacuum guy he realized he was tired of it and made a split second decision to do something about it.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:03 AM, Bama Chick said:

Great episode!

95% sure Jeff is law enforcement, probably an undercover US Marshal. If he were a hit man Gene would be dead. If he were a bounty hunter he’d be in custody. 

I think Jeff is surveilling Gene hoping to net more fish like Jesse.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:03 AM, Bama Chick said:

After sleeping on this a few days, I don't think he's law enforcement, or do I think he's wound up in a cartel.  I think it's one of those small world things that caused Jeff and Gene to come together, and I do believe that Jeff may have a relative or friend that Saul fucked over or somesuch.  Francesca's brother?

EDIT.  Kim is from Nebraska.  Kim's brother?

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Also, for more speculation, here's the titles of Season 5 episodes. Episode 6 is interesting.

41 1 "Magic Man" Bronwen Hughes Peter Gould February 23, 2020 TBD
42 2 "50% Off" Norberto Barba Alison Tatlock February 24, 2020 TBD
43 3 "The Guy For This"[48] TBA TBA March 2, 2020 TBD
44 4 "Namaste"[49] Gordon Smith Gordon Smith March 9, 2020 TBD
45 5 "Dedicado a Max"[50] TBA TBA March 16, 2020 TBD
46 6 "Wexler v. Goodman"[51] TBA Thomas Schnauz March 23, 2020 TBD
47 7 "JMM"[52] TBA Alison Tatlock March 30, 2020 TBD
48 8 "Bagman"[53] Vince Gilligan[54] Gordon Smith April 6, 2020 TBD
49 9 "Bad Choice Road"[55] Thomas Schnauz Thomas Schnauz April 13, 2020 TBD
50 10 "Something Unforgivable"[56] TBA Peter Gould & Ariel Levine April 20, 2020 TBD

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

95% sure Jeff is law enforcement, probably an undercover US Marshal. If he were a hit man Gene would be dead. If he were a bounty hunter he’d be in custody. 

I think Jeff is surveilling Gene hoping to net more fish like Jesse.

"Tickling the wire." That's the only thing that makes sense ... but he could be a bounty hunter doing the same, but of course would not have the resources for wire tapping, etc., but maybe thinking Gene meets live. Does feel a little contrived - seems like a bounty hunter would take him in, and the feds would just tap / surveil and nab. It would not surprise me if it is a genuine mistake and Gene ends up killing him and it turns out he's just a idiot cab driver.

Guessing Jimmy is tired of being Gene and ready to be Saul ... he's never been one to hide and take it.

some of the writing in that last episode was a little too on-the-nose, it was kind of jarring-- the scowling realtor after the wacky shower hijinks and "FIFTY PERCENT OFF DUDE!!!!" gags felt more like a State Farm commercial than Better Call Saul. 

Eight out of ten instead of the usual nine out of ten. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Are you kidding?  That's why those shows are great.  They tell the story and get the fuck out.  

Can't argue that. I too like that the stories have a beginning and an end.

It's just that they are so dang good at telling the story that I miss it when it's over.

• Like 1