Better Call Saul. Not coming back until 2020

Goo Punch

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

It was disclosed and I’m pretty sure it can be waived if it is an actual conflict. Practically, I can’t see a client continuing to use Kim no matter how good they think she is. Kevin is sort of an idiot so I suppose it makes sense. My clients would switch counsel immediately and probably smell a rat. Keep in mind that the old fart had been in litigation and lost. So he must have had counsel and Jimmy’s late entry to the party would look very suspicious.

Seems like anyone with basic IQ would connect the dots - I am far from an expert on how attorneys find clients, but feels odd a criminal attorney from Albuquerque suddenly would find and take up the cause of an old man in Tucumcari with a very flimsy legal standing (no pun intended), especially after everyone else has settled to the point their houses have been sold, cleared, cleaned, and construction is starting.

34 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Seems Jimmy has convinced himself Howard is responsible for his brother’s death, not Jimmy and his insurance play. He’s not only broken bad, he’s also simply broken.

Jimmy at his core is a good person and him seeing the pain he caused to that family made him hate himself and snap.

• Like 3

Each episode has about 100 things to unwrap about the psychology of both jimmy and kim.

her move at Mesa Verde calling out a CEO but in a respectful way, and then pulling the old “I agree, maybe we should break up” reverse psychology trick. Wow.

Jimmy blaming Howard for his brother’s death because he hates who he’s become and because deep down he knows he played a big part in motivating that suicide. Wow.

Incredible  episode

i could watch 20 seasons of this.

Edited by NoRagrets
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Lurch said:

Seems Jimmy has convinced himself Howard is responsible for his brother’s death, not Jimmy and his insurance play. He’s not only broken bad, he’s also simply broken.

I don't think so.  Jimmy is just following through with the con he pulled outside the charred house.  

I thought for sure Fring was going to have Mike get Jimmy to throw the defense of Lalo.  I'm probably just missing something but why have Mike get him arrested only to have him jump bail right after?  Surely not just to cost him the $7 million?

56 minutes ago, WBT said:

I thought for sure Fring was going to have Mike get Jimmy to throw the defense of Lalo.  I'm probably just missing something but why have Mike get him arrested only to have him jump bail right after?  Surely not just to cost him the $7 million?

The plan wasn't to get him bail.  Lalo is throwing a wrench into shit so now they need him out so presumably they can get him killed somehow and not have it tie to them.

Also, I don't give a fuck about anything outside of the drug shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Man this season is great.  The balls on Kim to go back to Kevin and tell him like it is was awesome.  Rhea is going to up for a Golden Globe this year.  And holy fuck I can't believe they got married.  

She liked one of my tweets that one time.  She wants me.

On 3/30/2020 at 9:41 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Any guesses on the Houston hotel?  It reminded me of the Zaza without creepy shit on the walls. 

LOL at heated bathroom floor ...

VG actually made Howard likable.

Edited by Kyle

15 hours ago, PilotsError said:

The plan wasn't to get him bail.  Lalo is throwing a wrench into shit so now they need him out so presumably they can get him killed somehow and not have it tie to them.

Right, they had to change the plan.  Now they need him out so that he will flee to Mexico where they can presumably have him killed somehow.  Gus said they couldn't touch him while he was in the US because the cartel would know it was them.

15 hours ago, PilotsError said:

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Right, they had to change the plan.  Now they need him out so that he will flee to Mexico where they can presumably have him killed somehow.  Gus said they couldn't touch him while he was in the US because the cartel would know it was them.

It seems like Gus/Mike should have foreseen that he'd still be able to work with people from in jail but I guess I can buy that.

Loved the scene where Nacho and Gus torched the restaurant.

Gus so meticulously removing his beloved (and spotless!) fryer baskets before setting up the frozen chicken Evel Knievel deep fryer of DOOM jump perfectly captured what a fucking psycho he is.

17 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Agreed. Best part is:

1. Drug stuff - need more Gus / German dude background - were they attacked outside of a dirty Santiago bathhouse?

2. Kim

3. Jimmy / Saul

3 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

So having never worked at Pollos Hermanos, does a frozen chicken falling in uber-hot cooking oil really create an explosion like that? ...

Remember that they also opened up the natural gas lines in the building, so the flash fire ignited the gas.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WBT said:

It seems like Gus/Mike should have foreseen that he'd still be able to work with people from in jail but I guess I can buy that.

In one episode Mike is telling Gus he still doesn't want to work for him by a fountain in Mexico.  next time I see them Mike is in wing formation behind Gus.  Did they give a reason?