Lubbock loses its shit, you know, the traditional semifinal rioting

Vito Andolini

kcbd.jpg?quality=90http://www.kcbd.com/2019/04/07/lubbock-police-use-tear-gas-disperse-crowd-tech-fans-take-streets/

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Lubbock police eventually used tear gas to disperse a rowdy crowd after Texas Tech’s big win in Minneapolis.

A huge crowd clogged the streets around Texas Tech campus, shutting down traffic on Broadway, 19th, University and Marsha Sharp Freeway, with the most activity concentrated at Broadway and University.

Witnesses saw people burning couches and damaging cars, including one flipped over.

The city of Lubbock issued this statement at 12:38 a.m.:

“After the Texas Tech Men’s Basketball team defeated Michigan State in a NCAA Championship Final Four game, hundreds of fans gathered on Broadway, near University. The crowd engaged in extremely dangerous, and disappointing, behavior including vandalizing property. We are proud, and excited, for Texas Tech, but behavior like this will not be tolerated. We want Red Raider fans to support the team and celebrate lawfully and responsibly. We are on the national stage so make Lubbock proud.”

Or

https://www.lubbockonline.com/news/20190407/fandemonium-lubbockites-celebrate---some-too-much---after-texas-techs-final-four-win

Edited by Vito Andolini

3 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Make Lubbock proud! 

I think that's what Waylon said to Buddy as he closed the airplane door.  

Went about as well as this shitshow.

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

I grew up in Lubbock.  I would've been surprised if this hadn't happened.  People rioted when the freakin women's team won the title back '93. 

No one was killed; the town will recover.

They will rebuild, unfortunately 

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

LUBBOCK, TX - (Wire Reports): Mayhem in the streets of Lubbock overnight, as rioters destroyed four downtown blocks, including some of the most valuable property and structures in this West Texas city. Damage is estimated at $50,000.

It's totalled. Tear it down and start over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

LUBBOCK, TX - (Wire Reports): Mayhem in the streets of Lubbock overnight, as rioters destroyed four downtown blocks, including some of the most valuable property and structures in this West Texas city. Damage is estimated at $50,000.

Just clarifying this is a joke news lede I created, thinking everyone would understand four blocks of the best Lubbock has to offer downtown has to actually be worth a lot more than $50K, which is probably more like what a shitty 1 bedroom house costs. 

But maybe it’s closer to the truth than I thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Just clarifying this is a joke news lede I created, thinking everyone would understand four blocks of the best Lubbock has to offer downtown has to actually be worth a lot more than $50K, which is probably more like what a shitty 1 bedroom house costs. 

It was very clear, some people are just slow. 

You bastard!

8dffdfd6b9d8baf89943051d8edc16fe.jpg