2019 Masters

markstanco

Surly pick'em for this week, if you are interested - (winner gets 50 internet points, a Best Buy discount coupon & a preferred tee time in the Herpaderp one-club open)

Pick the winner, and winning score
Pick the score required to make the cut
Pick the best finisher for a prior Masters winner
Pick the best finisher for a player with no major championships
Pick the low amateur
Pick 5 players to finish in the top 10
Bonus - pick the winner of the par 3 tournament

It's that time bitches.

Have I told y'all I have played there twice? I may have mentioned it.

Go tiger.

Wow, very jealous. My humble brag is getting tickets to berckmans place a few years ago

Wish I was going this year. Jealous of y'all that are

13 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Rory trending......but until Spieth gives me a reason I’m not picking against him there

I don't think "trending" is the right word to use. He's probably the best player on tour, just won the Players, and has come in the top 10 at Augusta 5 straight years. 

Spieth has given you plenty of reasons to not pick him this week. I mean he's only won it once despite a lot of good outings. 

15 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Pick the winner, and winning score - Rory, 276 (-12)
Pick the score required to make the cut - 146 (+2)
Pick the best finisher for a prior Masters winner - Spieth
Pick the best finisher for a player with no major championships - Finau
Pick the low amateur - Rebula
Pick 5 players to finish in the top 10 - Rory, Spieth,  BDC, Tiger, Molinari
Bonus - pick the winner of the par 3 tournament - Langer

Bonus - best finish by a player 50 or older - Freddie Couples
Double bonus - worst finish/score by a prior Masters winner - Larry Mize, 163 (or WD)

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't think "trending" is the right word to use. He's probably the best player on tour, just won the Players, and has come in the top 10 at Augusta 5 straight years. 

Spieth has given you plenty of reasons to not pick him this week. I mean he's only won it once despite a lot of good outings. 

Plenty of reasons? He’s finished in the top 3 four times already. He manages to find some game in majors, especially this one.

4 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Plenty of reasons? He’s finished in the top 3 four times already. He manages to find some game in majors, especially this one.

Yes, like not winning a tournament in 20 months and being 33rd currently in the OWGR. 

His form as of late has been terrible and it's been a very long time since he put together 4 good rounds of golf. This weekend is a great opportunity for him to turn it around but he is anything but the man to beat going in.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yes, like not winning a tournament in 20 months and being 33rd currently in the OWGR. 

His form as of late has been terrible and it's been a very long time since he put together 4 good rounds of golf. This weekend is a great opportunity for him to turn it around but he is anything but the man to beat going in.

Horses for courses. None of that other shit means much.

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

happened to us in 2017.  sucks.

I’m here; it did indeed cut the day short but at least I got to see Tiger chip one in on the practice green!

my pick based off first day practice is Rafael Cabrera Bellos just because he had the shot of the day. Finua looked good too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

Golfers can turn shit around virtually overnight - take a couple of guys you'd likely never heard of before, Corey Conners and Brian Stuard. Both missed the cut 10 days ago at the PGA (opposite event ) in Puntacana ... Conners wins and Stuard finishes T4 in San Antonio.
So I'm thinking that if Spieth is going to turn it around, it most likely on the course he has had his best finishes in (okay and his worst fuckup)

FWIW - I only know about Stuard, a career journeyman, because he is from very near my hometown.

Last year I scheduled my snip snip surgery for this weekend. I took a new job this past August, so I'm double dipping on the excuse. Its probably in their best interest. I would be completely worthless anyway. At least if I stay home, I'll be motivated to get stuff knocked out at night. 

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

Some serious firepower in the last three Thursday groups

DJ, Bryson, Day

Phil, Rose, JT

Spieth, Casey, Kopeka

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

Tiger and Rahm tee off immediately before Rory and Rickie

Yeah they bunch the feature groups, because they want them during prime viewing times - and when they flip the Thur/Fri tee times it gives the network what they want, when they want it.

1 hour ago, brown water said:

Made it to Greenville for a couple days of work before heading to Augusta on Friday.  Picked up this bottle barreled a couple weeks before Lefty won his first for our celebratory drinks Thursday evening. 

8x06c9.jpg

looks like you borrowed Armybrats camera - nice job

Looks like it's going to be a wet tournament, rain on Thurs and Sunday. I think Rory does it this year. He will be able to throw darts, and he's playing really well.

Rahm should contend, but his temperament will prevent him from winning.

Don't count out Bubba.

Spieth will finish top 10, but his putting is horrible right now.

25 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

Looks like it's going to be a wet tournament, rain on Thurs and Sunday. I think Rory does it this year. He will be able to throw darts, and he's playing really well.

Rahm should contend, but his temperament will prevent him from winning.

Don't count out Bubba.

Spieth will finish top 10, but his putting is horrible right now.

Thanks for the spoiler alert dick. 

• Like 1

Agreed on Reed's chances.  From SI's preview:

His last three stroke play rounds have been 78-77-75, prompting his wife Justine to bring swing coach David Leadbetter in to “Team Reed.” And before his victory last year, Reed’s scoring average over his first four Masters was 74.25. Ranks outside the top 100 in strokes gained off the tee, strokes gained approaching the green and strokes gained tee to green.