2019 Masters

markstanco

We are supposed to get 18-24 inches of snow between now and Friday. Guess I’ll have to watch the Masters because I don’t my office will be open.

Do you live north of the wall?

Unreal Masters fact, no one has ever won the Masters who was out of the top 10 after day one...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markstanco said:

He just said on Sunday evening his putting is the best it has been in a couple of years.  Golf Channel said he is top 10 in putting this year. 

Spieth's problem is that he is 172nd in strokes gained tee to green (J.J. Henry and Kyle Jones territory).  Good luck with that.

He's only 70th in strokes gained putting, so he's not exactly killing it on the greens either.

6 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Spieth's problem is that he is 172nd in strokes gained tee to green (J.J. Henry and Kyle Jones territory).  Good luck with that.

He's only 70th in strokes gained putting, so he's not exactly killing it on the greens either.

1 minute ago, Revolution512 said:

It’s his driver.....at the moment.

Driving isn't as key at The Masters as say the US Open, because the "rough" at Augusta isn't nearly as punitive as that 6" crop the USGA deems necessary to protect their trophy.
You do, however, have to keep the ball on the course and out of the trees

16 minutes ago, alincoln said:

1. Spieth had a couple of really good putting rounds at Torrey and Pebble on the courses they didn't keep SG stats on (North at Torrey, MP at Pebble, I think...).

2. He's trending up and has been, hence his optimism. 

3. Strokes gained is a very compact statistic - the difference between Spieth at #70 and #1 is less than one stroke.

2 hours ago, ousuxndallas said:

Champion's dinner last night.bdf0cb8b8e050e24d12c6c05cd06687c.jpg

The most exclusive dinner club in the world.  I bet Nicklaus is dying having to sit next to Reed.  I don't recognize Jackie Burke among the group.  I guess he can't make it any more.  A shame.

On 4/9/2019 at 7:05 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Golfers can turn shit around virtually overnight - take a couple of guys you'd likely never heard of before, Corey Conners and Brian Stuard. Both missed the cut 10 days ago at the PGA (opposite event ) in Puntacana ... Conners wins and Stuard finishes T4 in San Antonio.
So I'm thinking that if Spieth is going to turn it around, it most likely on the course he has had his best finishes in (okay and his worst fuckup)

I'm not sure Spieth's record is as sterling as y'all really think it is. He should have won to repeat in 2016 - but as you said, totally screwed the pooch. In 2017 he was a shot off the lead going into #18 on Saturday, bogeyed, then shot a 75 on Sunday. Last year he entered Sunday 9 strokes off the lead before posting a phenomenal round of 64 to come within 2 of the winning score. His placings are impressive, but taken in context he has struggled to close the deal on multiple occasions. I do agree that it is a fantastic opportunity for him to turn it around on a course where he has basically always been in contention, but him winning this weekend would be a hell of a fucking story and not something that shouldn't surprise people. There are too many golfers ahead of him that also bring game to Augusta right now. 

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure Spieth's record is as sterling as y'all really think it is. He should have won to repeat in 2016 - but as you said, totally screwed the pooch. In 2017 he was a shot off the lead going into #18 on Saturday, bogeyed, then shot a 75 on Sunday. Last year he entered Sunday 9 strokes off the lead before posting a phenomenal round of 64 to come within 2 of the winning score. His placings are impressive, but taken in context he has struggled to close the deal on multiple occasions. I do agree that it is a fantastic opportunity for him to turn it around on a course where he has basically always been in contention, but him winning this weekend would be a hell of a fucking story and not something that shouldn't surprise people. There are too many golfers ahead of him that also bring game to Augusta right now. 

It's a sterling record at ANGC compared to every single other golfer in the world in the last 5 years. No one compares, or even gets close. When you slice and dice it into individual holes and rounds, it's easy to make anyone look less than sterling.

That said, I 100% agree that him winning this weekend (or even top 10) given his off the tee and approach stats would be surprising.

Par 3 Tourney Today on ESPN at 2pm cst

How to watch the 2019 Masters Tournament 

• What: The 2019 Masters Tournament
  • When: April 11-14
  • Where: Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia
  • TV channels: ESPN (Rounds 1 and 2 on Thursday and Friday) and CBS (Rounds 3 and 4 on Saturday and Sunday)

Live coverage on TV and online

Tee times and pairings

Here are pairings and tee times for some of the more popular players in the tournament this year, according to The Masters official website(all times EDT):

14 hours ago, Dewey said:

Leave it to Reed to choose McDonald's.... trash.

Sarcasm?  The real menu was bone-in cowboy ribeye for the main course along with two salad options and a collection of creamy side dishes, including macaroni and cheese and corn crème brûlée.  It's been said that ANGC does not allow food to be brought in.  They'll cook whatever you want.  Even fried chicken and watermelon, says Fuzzy.

• Like 1

nice feature groups for tomorrow Times are EDT

9:58 a.m. -- Sergio Garcia, Tony Finau, Henrik Stenson
11:04 a.m. -- Tiger Woods, Haotong Li, Jon Rahm 
1:38 p.m. -- Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Jason Day
2 p.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Paul Casey, Brooks Koepka 

Edited by TonyTexas

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Par 3 Tourney Today on ESPN at 2pm cst

How to watch the 2019 Masters Tournament 

• What: The 2019 Masters Tournament
  • When: April 11-14
  • Where: Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia
  • TV channels: ESPN (Rounds 1 and 2 on Thursday and Friday) and CBS (Rounds 3 and 4 on Saturday and Sunday)

Live coverage on TV and online

Tee times and pairings

Here are pairings and tee times for some of the more popular players in the tournament this year, according to The Masters official website(all times EDT):

Also in 4K - Directv.  Feature groups and Amen corner.  Looks great in 4K.  Ch. 105 and 106

1 hour ago, dieucla98 said:

It's a sterling record at ANGC compared to every single other golfer in the world in the last 5 years. No one compares, or even gets close. When you slice and dice it into individual holes and rounds, it's easy to make anyone look less than sterling.

That said, I 100% agree that him winning this weekend (or even top 10) given his off the tee and approach stats would be surprising.

Oh I don't disagree. I guess my point was that, really, when you look at it he could have like 2 or 3 wins there already. Which is absurd. He's definitely shown the most magic there of anyone as of late, but you can still point to some things that have not gone his way. 

I know I'm being kind of pedantic about it, I just never really buy into past results predicting future performance - especially in golf. It's on Spieth to prove that he is still a perennial contender there. 

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

Sarcasm?  The real menu was bone-in cowboy ribeye for the main course along with two salad options and a collection of creamy side dishes, including macaroni and cheese and corn crème brûlée.  It's been said that ANGC does not allow food to be brought in.  They'll cook whatever you want.  Even fried chicken and watermelon, says Fuzzy.

This deserves a retrospective.  Soooo racist.

Pumped for tomorrow. The Masters is my favorite sporting event in the world. Fuck the super bowl, the college football playoff, the World Cup, and everything else. 

If we could somehow get Tiger and Rory in contention on Sunday my head might explode.

As I wait for the Honorary Starters to hit a shot, this is usually the unofficial start to spring for me - alas this year, the day started with a light blanket of snow on the ground. So I'll watch the tournament today, but it really doesn't feel much like spring yet.
Not really complaining, as it isn't the mega snow dump others got, and it is supposed to warm up this weekend, but shit doesn't seem right watching this with snow on the ground.

Go Jordan (unfortunately having to wait a long time today for him to get on the course)

• Like 1

It’s been fun reliving Speiths charge last year, one tree branch away from maybe the greatest round in majors history.

Also hilarious seeing how Reed is probably the least liked masters champion ever. Look at the crowd reaction after winning putt of Tiger, Phil, Jordan and Reed. Their faces tell it all, lulz.

c32ddc67276adf9d66af1b2b19624799.jpg

9be3a563e7c1ce6f5fae8a7e6e00e5c7.jpg

fb841e2453ed86c23a662f7971aca310.jpg

dc9c77379e596a6e3fd7c366169f4a12.jpg

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

As I wait for the Honorary Starters to hit a shot, this is usually the unofficial start to spring for me - alas this year, the day started with a light blanket of snow on the ground. So I'll watch the tournament today, but it really doesn't feel much like spring yet.
Not really complaining, as it isn't the mega snow dump others got, and it is supposed to warm up this weekend, but shit doesn't seem right watching this with snow on the ground.

Go Jordan (unfortunately having to wait a long time today for him to get on the course)

Don't worry it isn't snowing at Augusta