2019 Masters

markstanco

1 hour ago, Mango4 said:

You can see basically every shot hit on The Masters app. Just click the golfers name on the tracker and it should have video for every shot.

I know people hesitate to use the word "literally" but it isn't "basically". It is literally every shot. 

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Okay this video shot-by-shot track feature is like the coolest fucking thing ever. 

So glad neither of my bosses are in the next 2 days. Going to get absolute nothing done at work.

I went from having none to three conference calls this afternoon, all back-to-back.  They can all go fuck themselves tomorrow, I'm not doing anything but watching golf.

24 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Since when do people hesitate to use the word "literally"?  I think it's overused to hell and back.

That's what I mean - I think a lot of people try to avoid using it because it's so trite and meaningless at this point. 

At least, the non-mouth-breathing slice of the population.

(should have phrased as "I hesitate to use the word literally") ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Edited by ztejas

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's what I mean - I think a lot of people try to avoid using it because it's so trite and meaningless at this point. 

At least, the non-mouth-breathing slice of the population.

(should have phrased as "I hesitate to use the word literally") ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Fair enough.  I wish a whole lot more people would hesitate to use it.  Along with "unbelieveable".  Or maybe people just are admitting that they completely lack imagination.

I went from having none to three conference calls this afternoon, all back-to-back.  They can all go fuck themselves tomorrow, I'm not doing anything but watching golf.

Book your outlook calendar now. 1-4:30 this afternoon I’m hosting a meeting that should wrap by 2:30 at the absolute latest.

Also if you use Skype present your screen to yourself using second email address and you’ll be on “do not disturb - presenting screen” all afternoon.

46 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Definitely rooting for Jordan, but I am doubtful he can overcome his jinx.  Zero tournament wins since he announced his engagement in Jan '18.  I hope he got a pre-nup.  He needs a divorce to start winning again.

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I have to take my boat in for service this afternoon about an hour away, I will be streaming it and watching while driving down the interstate with a bottle of whiskey between my legs.  Seat belt on, for safety of course. 

Yes, officer. This comment right here. 

• Like 1

El tigre can't putt. That was always what made him the best. He knew he was doing to make it so he could take risks and go for stuff no one else could. 

When he missed that putt in Austin I had a bad feeling that he might actually be done. He had no clue which way it was going. He calls Lacava in to help with reads all the time now. Just isn't there. I think his ballstriking is good enough to win another major. No chance with him not knowing which way a 3 footer is going. 

55 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The Masters app improves every year while the networks that broadcast golf fuck it up constantly. 

The Masters app/website is great but I wish they had the the shot map/play-by-play like the PGA.com site has.

NM They do have a track option. Arrow on the right side of leaderboard

Edited by TonyTexas

Tiger finally got one to go.  Maybe that'll loosen him up from inside 10 feet.

Also... Masters site is top notch.  If they didn't need ESPN to build hype I think they should just dump them altogether for Thursday and Friday and use their own platform.  The exclusivity of this tournament is what makes it so special in my opinion.  Mostly the exclusivity from advertisers and profiteers.

Edited by Jhawk
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Decent round for sure. Doubt he stays leader in the clubhouse, though. A lot of heavy hitters teeing off this afternoon. 

Yeah, but still impressive considering he was expecting to have the week off.  He's played the Masters once, but missed the cut in 2015.

I don't think CBS will be as fixated on his wife as NBC was.  Jeez.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Okay this video shot-by-shot track feature is like the coolest fucking thing ever. 

So glad neither of my bosses are in the next 2 days. Going to get absolute nothing done at work.

It's pretty damn impressive.

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:
27 minutes ago, Jhawk said:
Stenson basically just lost his chances at the tourney on hole 13.  Solid snowman for the Swede.

That's was tough to watch. As the saying goes, you can't win it on Thursday but you can lose it.

The camera work wasn't great but must have had a real tight lie and he skulled the crap out of it.

11 minutes ago, Lurch said:

#13 may be my favorite hole in golf.

It's a great hole. I adore #12 as well, as well as #16. Also #10 is a great hole.

Fuck it. The entire course is brilliant. 

11 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I haven't gotten fuck all done since 11am.  Thinking about just heading to the bar and knocking down some john daly's

I have done absolute dick all day. Not sure why I scheduled a call for 4pm. Might take a long "lunch" break here in a bit to lube up. 

Edited by ztejas
I know realize how gay I made that comment sound. Have at it Surly. Best joke gets a trophy.