2019 Masters

markstanco

On 4/8/2019 at 6:15 PM, Rougarou said:

I’m here; it did indeed cut the day short but at least I got to see Tiger chip one in on the practice green!

my pick based off first day practice is Rafael Cabrera Bellos just because he had the shot of the day. Finua looked good too.

I saw Tiger chip that in and thought there was a chance. Glad to have all the 2019 masters merch that will come to be known as Tigers Masters.

• Like 1

I haven't cried in a long time but this did it. Out of nowhere too. Tiger is the same age as me so this hits close to home.

But seriously, I remember 1997 and watching in my apt on West Campus. And after all he has been through and his flaws and humanity and injuries and really he just wanted to win for his family again today and he did. Jesus what an amazing accomplishment.

I think this win hits home because a lot of us see ourselves in Tiger.  Almost middle age dude with kids losing his hair with a fat face and a very average looking significant other. He’s one of us now except for a slightly larger bank account. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, used2b said:

I haven't cried in a long time but this did it. Out of nowhere too. Tiger is the same age as me so this hits close to home.

But seriously, I remember 1997 and watching in my apt on West Campus. And after all he has been through and his flaws and humanity and injuries and really he just wanted to win for his family again today and he did. Jesus what an amazing accomplishment.

Graduated HS a month after watching him win in 1997.  Feels like a lifetime ago.  Pretty emotional thinking of my old man and I watching...

• Like 1

Just now, cabowabo said:

I think this win hits home because a lot of us see ourselves in Tiger.  Almost middle age dude with kids losing his hair with a fat face and a very average looking significant other. He’s one of us now except for a slightly larger bank account. 

We are Tiger Woods.

8 minutes ago, used2b said:

I banged a few chicks without even taking them to dinner so this hits close to home for me as well.

• Like 3

Only slightly.

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Of course they’re aware of it. But that doesn’t get into their heads to the extent it affects their game. 

What a Masters until the last 4 holes. I was hoping for more drama but glad Tiger won. 

Koepka had to literally stop mid-setup to wait for Woods to hit from the other fairway because the Woods show brings too much noise and hype and tension. You are wrong and your take is bad.

I actually watched Nicklaus 86 from my dorm room in Jester.   the drama of Nicklaus posting a a back nine 30 to win it at 46 may never be topped but this is a very close second.  Nicklaus will always be the GOAT to me but its like 1A/1B.  Tiger from 97-08 was the best 10 year stretch of golf ever though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I actually watched Nicklaus 86 from my dorm room in Jester.   the drama of Nicklaus posting a a back nine 30 to win it at 46 may never be topped but this is a very close second.  Nicklaus will always be the GOAT to me but its like 1A/1B.  Tiger from 97-08 was the best 10 year stretch of golf ever though.

Tiger and Mike Tyson are the same, with the latter could have been the undisputed greatest ever if the head matched the body. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

You and I are in the same hs class. You have seemingly accomplished more in the last 22 years than myself. 

I partied and drank and caught a few breaks.  This takes me all the way back.  And I love it.  Life was simple back then.  Tiger was one of the few constants.  

8 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

Hide the Perkins' waitresses!

Pie and Perkins waitress pussy gone wild!

188af4928d554f4b65865b7f11036f57.gif

Aren’t you close to where all this went down?  Haha.  Love it

Aren’t you close to where all this went down?  Haha.  Love it

Yeah, I lived about a mile or so from that Perkins at the corner of Apopka-Vineland and Conroy-Windermere. Tiger lived a mile or so from there in Isleworth.

He was banging several of the waitresses at that Perkins.

It closed down soon after Tiger got whacked with the 9 iron in his driveway and quit going there.

We are up in Longwood now near Wekiwa Springs state park about 15 miles from there.

Some stupid bitch came over because I wasn't sure if she was actually attractive or not when I met her the other night at the bar. 

I mean I got free booze out of it but she was like trying to get me to change clothes or something to go "out" right after Tiger won. 

I told her she didn't understand what was going on, proceeded to ignore her and watch the ceremony and cry for 5 minutes, and then she left. 

Great Sunday so far. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Of course they’re aware of it. But that doesn’t get into their heads to the extent it affects their game. 
What a Masters until the last 4 holes. I was hoping for more drama but glad Tiger won. 

Jesus. This is a monumentally terrible take.
  • Like 1

Tiger "fucking" Woods, with a win for the ages.
Maybe the best Masters battle that I can remember - obv. because of the competition, but also The Masters website is the shit, multiple live feeds and that tracker feature allowing you to see virtually every shot is awesome.

Now I can't wait for the ticket lottery to open up for the 2020 Masters, because I'm sure that will be the year; the year that I once again get a disappointing notification after the drawing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Tiger "fucking" Woods, with a win for the ages.
Maybe the best Masters battle that I can remember - obv. because of the competition, but also The Masters website is the shit, multiple live feeds and that tracker feature allowing you to see virtually every shot is awesome.

Now I can't wait for the ticket lottery to open up for the 2020 Masters, because I'm sure that will be the year; the year that I once again get a disappointing notification after the drawing.

Me losing the Masters lottery: A tradition unlike any other.

• Like 4