2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

C-Man

benefit of the doubt goes to the hitter?

on a head shot?

Give me a fucking break.( announcers defending refs' reluctance to eject player)

Edited by slorch

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:32 PM, tbone_ said:

I went to Columbus once. F the CBJs.

Why all the hate for Columbus?

Got to admit, I've never been a Jackets fan...…..but went to the Jackets/Bruins game on March 12th in Columbus. Great barn. One of the nicer arenas in the NHL. Great location and part of town. Good crowd. Overall excellent night out and was actually more impressed with Columbus than the earlier game in Pittsburgh. Columbus has a better overall product for the casual or diehard fan than Phoenix, Nashville, Anaheim or Miami.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Why all the hate for Columbus?

Got to admit, I've never been a Jackets fan...…..but went to the Jackets/Bruins game on March 12th in Columbus. Great barn. One of the nicer arenas in the NHL. Great location and part of town. Good crowd. Overall excellent night out and was actually more impressed with Columbus than the earlier game in Pittsburgh. Columbus has a better overall product for the casual or diehard fan than Phoenix, Nashville, Anaheim or Miami.

This is a Texas message board.   Those that visited Columbus for Texas-Ohio St. in 2005 universally recognize it as the worst visiting fan experience anyone has had and really not even close.  What I thought was bad in Lubbock pales in comparison.  Just an absolute shit group of people so I pretty much root against any team those assholes cheer for.

Well, thanks to Gabe Landescog the Sharks-Avs will play a seventh game tomorrow in SJ. Have to think SJ will win that game at home but I've given up predicting anything in these playoffs. I could see any of the four West teams winning tonight and tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
They can decided off-sides by the width of a skate blade but can't see or review that?  Somethings wrong here... 
Yeah the spirit of the rule of offsides is to prevent a team from being an unfair advantage.
The letter of the rule gets applied though.

Now a hand pass well I guess nothing applies.

Blues have bounced back to take the last two games after the hand pass debacle. They go for the knockout blow tonight at home. I think they get it. San Jose is on borrowed time and are really, really short-handed. But they've been down-and-out before in these playoffs, down 3-0 in a closeout game against Vegas in Round 1. At any rate, some interesting angles with either Boston-St Louis or Boston-San Jose. Former Blues captain/current Bruins second-line wing David Backes could face his former team in his first-ever Cup appearance. Blues, famously, have never hoisted Lord Stanley's Cup. Only five rookie goalies have ever back-stopped teams to the championship -- Ken Dryden, Patrick Roy, Cam Ward, Antti Niemi and Matt Murray. A Bruins-Sharks matchup would pit Joe Thornton against his former team as the Sharks try to win it all for the first time.

Crazy that the Stars have thus far pushed the Blues the furthest in the playoffs. They were mere inches from knocking them out with Jamie Benn’s wrap-around opportunity.

The Blues have one player on roster with Stanley Cup Final experience — David Perron.

89af50a86c1c0abd9e8db15d20f0408f.jpg

Can’t believe I’m even asking this with one of the 4 major sports, but does anyone have a stream lol? I’m poor and don’t have cable, but I assumed the fucking Stanley cup finals would be on real NBC, not their Fox sports 1 equivalent. Not a hockey fan, but I’ve never really given it a chance TBH. I still don’t really know wtf I’m watching but I found watching the 3rd period and OT of the last game entertaining. Plus, most of barstool sports are big bruins fans, and they’re overconfidence in regards to all Boston sports makes me want to see STL win. But all of Reddit’s steams have been shit tonight.

Edited by youdunnf'dup