What Was Your First...

SHOOTER12

Unrelated, but I once saw Special Beat (a hybrid of The Specials and English Beat) at the Back Room.  Holy smokes that was an amazing show, and I had almost zero history with any of that British ska genre.  I sure knew the songs, though.  They had permeated my brain through some sort of college radio osmosis.

Elvis at the HLS&R in 1974, i was 6.    I kinda remember.

My first real concert was the Who in the Summit in 1980 when i was 12/13 - it was in the summer and parents wouldn't let me go, so i spent the night at a friend's house and went with him and his older sister and her friends.  

Got high for first time.  

Parents later found out i went (a few weeks later) and i was grounded, but was worth it because i didn't have to hide my t-shirt anymore and could wear it to school like a boss the next year.

17 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Were you wearing denim? Wearing leather? Did you run down to the front? Did you queue for your ticket through the ice and snow?

I didn't wear denim or leather, but there were a lot of guys who did.  

As for running down to the front, let's just say based on the age of the crowd that I saw, there wasn't much running ability left.  A walker or two probably would have been welcomed.