Patent Lawyer

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, that's weird.  I think she was in a recitation/tutor session I taught in grad school.  I was ME but with an emphasis on acoustics and took some classes in EE, in this case with Elmer Hixson.

Is he the one who failed a crazy high number of students? I remember hearing a story about some required EE course where the guy was going through a divorce and failed nearly 100% of the class.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Is he the one who failed a crazy high number of students? I remember hearing a story about some required EE course where the guy was going through a divorce and failed nearly 100% of the class.

I don't recall.  I don't even think I finished that class, it wasn't what I was looking for.  I think he knew his stuff but I didn't really "get" his teaching style.  I didn't need it to finish my grad degree and got out pretty quickly.

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't think so.  Name escapes me, but I would probably remember it if prompted.  Thomas was either beloved or reviled, can't remember which, but his name came up a lot.

I hung out with some EEs, but it wasn't my bag.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't think so.  Name escapes me, but I would probably remember it if prompted.  Thomas was either beloved or reviled, can't remember which, but his name came up a lot.

I hung out with some EEs, but it wasn't my bag.

I thought you were an EE. Thomas sounds right but I was always hearing it second hand. I graduated with a molecular bio degree but took a lot of ChemE. I was just a few courses short of a ChemE degree but it would have taken a year longer to get it because of scheduling. So basically I had a ChemE minor.