Prove Me Wrong: American Airlines is the worst domestic airline

Rougarou

On 9/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, gecko said:

Any airline trying to fly in to or out of SFO right now is the worst domestic airline

Last week was a beating

On 9/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, Txzen said:

That’s gotta be on the airlines. Runway closure has been on their radar forever, but the minute it actually happens there’s massive delays and cancellations like it caught them by surprise. But yeah - avoid SFO (in general, bust especially through the  end of the month). 

ass crack of dawn is the play.  flew in and out last week with no delays either time.  

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

What.  The.  Fuck.

So many questions. How do you have a blister so bad on your foot that it causes exploding blood all over the cabin of the plane?  Like how can you live with that? 

And I'd also ask, why can't that person keep their fucking shoes on...but if the blister is that bad, that's probably the reason. 

40 minutes ago, TornACL said:

So many questions. How do you have a blister so bad on your foot that it causes exploding blood all over the cabin of the plane?  Like how can you live with that? 

And I'd also ask, why can't that person keep their fucking shoes on...but if the blister is that bad, that's probably the reason. 

It’s piss.

15 minutes ago, naija said:

you could see people crumbling psychologically all over the place.

We are a nation of sissies. I hope people in Africa who walk 5 miles daily for clean water don’t see us panicking over delays when we can’t fly 1500 miles in our shiny, clean, air conditioned  aluminum tubes.

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

We are a nation of sissies. I hope people in Africa who walk 5 miles daily for clean water don’t see us panicking over delays when we can’t fly 1500 miles in our shiny, clean, air conditioned  aluminum tubes.

you must not have flown much with Africans....

On 9/19/2019 at 12:42 PM, Bobby_Batronic said:

Meh. Had an emotional support dog throw up on rotation and proceed to have projectile squirts hitting people for two rows on a flight from Florida back to Texas. The dog then proceeded to lay soft serve all the way up the jet bridge to the terminal. 

In your Lear days you’d be cleaning that up

On 9/19/2019 at 5:17 PM, TornACL said:

it'll swell in an airplane. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 12:48 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

ass crack of dawn is the play.  flew in and out last week with no delays either time.  

Not so fast my friend. First flight out (6:50am) and we are delayed to SLC. Maintenance issue doesn’t care about your flight time.

this on the heels of a 5 hour delay from Louisville last week, I finally hit my bed to sleep at 3am from a scheduled 5p take off where I was gaining an hour back going from East you west. Before these last two flights I had about a month of positive experiences. 

so somehow, The TSA dept at Orlando Airport, & Delta Airlines gate agents managed to allow a woman with NO ID AT ALL to not only clear security, she was allowed to board a random flight she picked without any ticket or boarding pass, and was only discovered when she refused to leave the seat she was in (with someone else having the boarding pass for that seat), and then she had to be dragged off the plane. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/delta-passenger-boarded-without-boarding-pass-causing-3-hour-delay-2019-10

holy shit,  I know TSA sucks royal ass, so someone getting into the airport without a ticket doesnt shock me, but how in the fuck do the gate agents fuck up so bad as to allow a person without a boarding pass (nor any valid ID) to not only get on the plane, to sit down and only get caught because the seat she was in was sold?

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A plane full of people was exposed to Hepatitis A on a flight from San Francisco to Charlotte. 

It happened on September 21 and the Mecklenburg County Health has contacted the people locally who were on the flight. They say there is no immediate threat to the public.

The passengers contacted were on Flight AA1960 from San Francisco to Charlotte on Sept. 21.

Mecklenburg County said it's encouraging passengers to get the hepatitis A vaccine.

"The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority. We are in close contact with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health officials and will coordinate with them on any required health and safety-related measures," American Airlines said in a statement.

• 3 weeks later...

4 American Airlines flight attendants arrested at Miami airport on money laundering charges

(There's no doubt they were AA FAs)

191023-flight-attendants-money-launderin

Four American Airlines flight attendants face money laundering charges after at least three of them were allegedly caught by Customs smuggling more than $20,000 into the United States.

Maria Isabel Wilson-Ossandon, 48, Carlos Alberto Munoz-Moyano, 40, Miaria Delpilar Roman-Strick, 55, and Maria Beatriz Pasten-Cuzmar, 55, were arrested Tuesday in Miami and charged with money laundering and unauthorized transmitting of money, according to a criminal complaint.

When Munoz-Moyano arrived at Miami International Airport from Chile, a Customs and Border Patrol agent conducted a routine check. When the agent asked Munoz-Moyano how much U.S. currency he had on him, the flight attendant first said $100, according to a police report. But then he changed his story and said he had $9,000 on him.

The wild discrepancy prompted agents to check other flight attendants, the report said. Roman-Strick was found to have $7,300 and Wilson-Ossandon was caught with $6,371. Maria Beatriz Pasten-Cuzmar was also searched, but the police report did not allege she had any cash on her.

In total, authorities seized $22,671 from the flight attendants. Wilson-Ossandon is listed as the main defendant in the criminal complaint, while her fellow flight attendants are listed as co-defendants.

The report said the four flight attendants admitted to something, but the details of their confessions are redacted. None of them had money transmitter licenses, the complaint said.

The four were booked in jail Tuesday, and had immigration holds, according to NBC Miami.

A statement from American Airlines said they are cooperating with law enforcement and "take this matter seriously."

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 12:23 AM, RPM said:

4 American Airlines flight attendants arrested at Miami airport on money laundering charges

(There's no doubt they were AA FAs)

191023-flight-attendants-money-launderin

Four American Airlines flight attendants face money laundering charges after at least three of them were allegedly caught by Customs smuggling more than $20,000 into the United States.

Maria Isabel Wilson-Ossandon, 48, Carlos Alberto Munoz-Moyano, 40, Miaria Delpilar Roman-Strick, 55, and Maria Beatriz Pasten-Cuzmar, 55, were arrested Tuesday in Miami and charged with money laundering and unauthorized transmitting of money, according to a criminal complaint.

When Munoz-Moyano arrived at Miami International Airport from Chile, a Customs and Border Patrol agent conducted a routine check. When the agent asked Munoz-Moyano how much U.S. currency he had on him, the flight attendant first said $100, according to a police report. But then he changed his story and said he had $9,000 on him.

The wild discrepancy prompted agents to check other flight attendants, the report said. Roman-Strick was found to have $7,300 and Wilson-Ossandon was caught with $6,371. Maria Beatriz Pasten-Cuzmar was also searched, but the police report did not allege she had any cash on her.

In total, authorities seized $22,671 from the flight attendants. Wilson-Ossandon is listed as the main defendant in the criminal complaint, while her fellow flight attendants are listed as co-defendants.

The report said the four flight attendants admitted to something, but the details of their confessions are redacted. None of them had money transmitter licenses, the complaint said.

The four were booked in jail Tuesday, and had immigration holds, according to NBC Miami.

A statement from American Airlines said they are cooperating with law enforcement and "take this matter seriously."

Work for Ordell Robbie?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

That's not American Airlines, but if management wants to outsource jobs and fool the public with the paint job and ticket they can pay up when the lawsuits roll in.

Well they seem to be owning it:

https://abc7chicago.com/plane-slides-off-runway-at-ohare-airport-during-snowstorm/5689573/

According to an American Airlines spokesperson, "After landing, American Eagle flight 4125, operated by Envoy Air, slid off the runway due to icy conditions at Chicago O'Hare. No injuries were reported. All 38 passengers and three crew members were removed from the aircraft and are now safely back in the terminal."

But yeah, I'm not a fan of race to the bottom outsourcing.

Edited by clapclapclap

• 2 weeks later...

Just flew AA into Philly from Houston, changed planes and then on to Dublin. No problems. Coming back we flew on BA from Dublin to London, changed planes and then on to Houston. On the leg from Dublin to London, BA wanted to charge me 4.4 pounds for a water and a coffee. When did BA become Spirit Airlines?

I’m rarely on BA but recently did a short flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh. Was in whatever they were calling first/business on something like A-320 (seating 3x3 entire plane) and all the seats were the same but what they called first/business they didn’t sell the middle seat.

FA’s ran by and gave us a pretty nice simple lunch of sandwich and chips and a drink, all free, but I think “Coach” had to pay for stuff.

Was flying to Portland today and sat next to two elderly people. They were flying from Charlotte to Portland and the plane they were going to board leaked 600 gallons of jet fuel on the runway. Fire department responded en masse, sprayed the concrete with the foam, etc. My gosh how do you miss 600 gallons until it's too late?

So, they get put on another flight, midway through it runs out of gas. You can't make this up; they had to emergency land in Kansas City, landing to 25 emergency vehicles all siren'ed up. They then had to sleep on the ground at the Kansas City airport and then I spoke to them on the first flight to Portland. Sheesh.

When we went to London last year we flew on BA from Austin.  I checked how much it would cost to upgrade us to first class.  It was something completely ridiculous like $27,000 one way.  On the way back, some drunk Italians that were part of a racing team got away with stuff on the plane that would have gotten you thrown in to Guantanamo on a US carrier.

Edited by kevwun

17 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I’m rarely on BA but recently did a short flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh. Was in whatever they were calling first/business on something like A-320 (seating 3x3 entire plane) and all the seats were the same but what they called first/business they didn’t sell the middle seat.

FA’s ran by and gave us a pretty nice simple lunch of sandwich and chips and a drink, all free, but I think “Coach” had to pay for stuff.

Yeah, that's european business class.  They strap a little table down to the middle chair and call it a day. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rougarou said:

So, they get put on another flight, midway through it runs out of gas. You can't make this up; they had to emergency land in Kansas City, landing to 25 emergency vehicles all siren'ed up. They then had to sleep on the ground at the Kansas City airport and then I spoke to them on the first flight to Portland. Sheesh.

Fuel transfer issue between tanks, they didn't "run out of gas."  And FWIW, the USAirways narrowbus aircraft are old and janky as shit...beware, especially if you're flying out of PHL, CLT, or PHX.

So BA just flies around with an empty first class?
Sometimes you get a deal to book it depending on how full business is. Or they upgrade their elites.

I'm silver on BA (One World Sapphire), and I get upgrades from Premium Eco to business without asking for them. It is the only reason I'm on an American flight now.

FYI, BA runs some pretty good business class fares. You just have to catch them right.

22 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Fuel transfer issue between tanks, they didn't "run out of gas."  And FWIW, the USAirways narrowbus aircraft are old and janky as shit...beware, especially if you're flying out of PHL, CLT, or PHX.

Yeah, that would have been a serious fuckup. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Okay, now I concur with OP. They just a canceled a relatives flight at DFW because not enough people on the plane. Everyone is now booked on a flight tomorrow morning. No hotels offered. Things that could have been usual yesterday 

The last flight in the evening from Phoenix to Tuscon was canceled by America West (now US Air) probably 75% of the time. They would drive all the passengers in a bus down to the Tuscon Airport. The flight might have been at 6:45pm but the bus wouldn't leave until maybe an hour and a half later. 2 hours after that we would arrive at the Tuscon airport and by the time we got to our cars it would be past 11:30 for an after midnight arrival home. If I would have driven to Phoenix, I would have probably gotten home at about 8:00.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, Tailgate said:

Yeah...BA is very proud of their first class. 

Well, when we had to fly home from London in 2018 earlier than scheduled because Mrs. Brat broke her arm and had to go home for surgery, the BA flight crew would not allow her to move into one of the several empty seats in business class just a few steps from her premium economy seat for more comfort. She was half sedated with hydrocodone but was still uncomfortable not being able to stretch out more.

Not to mention BA charged me a $1,500 fee to change our return flight to Austin because of her accident.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1