Prove Me Wrong: American Airlines is the worst domestic airline

Rougarou

On 7/9/2023 at 10:08 AM, BearSchlong said:

I had credits to burn and a very expensive ticket (thanks, dynamic pricing!) so I flew LUV.

It puts American back into perspective.

I suspect 75% of these people have never sat in a wheelchair until today.

5ad8458ed9d0a61cbdf6a86fea9f62cb.jpg

And I really enjoyed the “no, your boarding pass doesn’t say medical pre-board, get your ass back in line and wait for me to call boarding group C” show from the WN agents.

You saw someone get denied pre-boarding on SWA?  Can't say I've ever seen that.  

You saw someone get denied pre-boarding on SWA?  Can't say I've ever seen that.  

Families with small kids were told they could board between A and B. Fatass lazy adults who knew how to game the system boarded ahead of A with the truly disabled.

Meanwhile on an AA flight the next week I turned down an upgrade to first to sit with my wife. (our reservations weren't linked, as we were meeting at an airport midway into a trip, and I'm the one with status.)

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Meanwhile on an AA flight the next week I turned down an upgrade to first to sit with my wife. (our reservations weren't linked, as we were meeting at an airport midway into a trip, and I'm the one with status.)

Why not let your wife enjoy the upgrade and you take her seat? No reason for both of you to be stuck in the back.

4 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

That's not how it works, it goes to the next person on the upgrade list. 

You don't reject the upgrade and try to get her upgraded, you just swap boarding passes as you walk down the jetway!

(But I've also turned down upgrades to sit together with family many times.)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

That's not how it works, it goes to the next person on the upgrade list. In this case, an active military member.

Plus we had the first row behind first with all the legroom so no big deal.

It absolutely works that way. I've done it a million times with my wife. Take the upgrade, she sits in first and you sit in her assigned seat. No one at American has ever batted an eye and I've been exp for a decade.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

FA might ask about, as their iphone thingy shows passengers by name, and those with status are highlighted.

Like I said upthread, my wife and I have switched seats a ton of times when I get upgraded and she doesn't. A simple, "my husband gave me the upgrade and he's in my seat" and they don't bat an eye. 

• Like 1

Flew AA from Denver to DFW on Wednesday and the crew made it clear from the opening announcement that you must wear earbuds or earphones for any type of media player. Of course this one dipshit in front of me ignored that and started watching a movie on his phone with full volume. FA quickly came over and made him turn it off. I think it's an awesome policy and AA earned a few points in my book. 

But yesterday I flew Nashville to DFW and there was no such announcement/enforcement. So maybe it's up to the crew to decide if they want to deal with it. 

Is that a thing nowadays?

Was on a jet blue flight out of Ft. Lauderdale a few weeks ago that kept getting delayed by weather. We eventually had to get off at one point. Finally we are about to leave and some dumb ass got booted from the plane for playing music. He was drunk and hanging in the bar during the delays but still nobody wants to hear your shit.

On 7/28/2023 at 10:00 AM, royiv said:

It absolutely works that way. I've done it a million times with my wife. Take the upgrade, she sits in first and you sit in her assigned seat. No one at American has ever batted an eye and I've been exp for a decade.

2 ways that works:

there is no meal service up front on that flight, otherwise the pax manifest is printed out for pre-ordered meals and you be a he and she be a she,

or

you're gay and married

On 7/29/2023 at 2:16 AM, NoRagrets said:

Can airlines not ask for proof of a disability? 

no

On 7/29/2023 at 2:16 AM, NoRagrets said:

Can airlines not ask for proof of a disability? 

Airlines should just make it a policy that if you board in a wheelchair, then you have to disembark in a wheelchair for liability purposes.  Of course, in order to get the wheelchairs to the ramp, they have to let all of the non-wheelchair people disembark first.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Of course, in order to get the wheelchairs to the ramp, they have to let all of the non-wheelchair people disembark first.

Orca fat woman screaming at flight attendant who is attempting to make her stay on plane to disembark wheelchair should be good social media fodder.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

2 ways that works:

there is no meal service up front on that flight, otherwise the pax manifest is printed out for pre-ordered meals and you be a he and she be a she,

or

you're gay and married

no

The GF and I were in first on 777 to NRT.  We're each in our pod, watching movies, drinking, eating, loving life.   A gay couple was also in 1st.  Right off the bat, they informed the FA that they would be dining together for both meals.  One sat on the seat, the other on the footrest dealie with the table between them.   We were laughing our asses off, because we sure as shit didn't even think of doing that.   Why ruin a good time?   We eat together most nights...today we each watch whatever we want while eating!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Flew AA from Denver to DFW on Wednesday and the crew made it clear from the opening announcement that you must wear earbuds or earphones for any type of media player. Of course this one dipshit in front of me ignored that and started watching a movie on his phone with full volume. FA quickly came over and made him turn it off. I think it's an awesome policy and AA earned a few points in my book. 
But yesterday I flew Nashville to DFW and there was no such announcement/enforcement. So maybe it's up to the crew to decide if they want to deal with it. 

Definitely not the case on my 2 flights yesterday. PLS-MIA, MIA-IAH. Both had a bunch of idiots playing their devices without earbuds. What is wrong with people?

4 hours ago, kmac30 said:

Both had a bunch of idiots playing their devices without earbuds. What is wrong with people?

America, Where my needs and comfort are more important than yours.

I’m thinking of blasting Dead Kennedys the next time some twit starts watching something full blast within one row of me.  I’ve got a decently loud small bluetooth speaker that could add to the obnoxiousness.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:48 PM, BearSchlong said:

Families with small kids were told they could board between A and B. Fatass lazy adults who knew how to game the system boarded ahead of A with the truly disabled.

yep, so many people get healed on the flight that the number of wheelchairs needs miraculously goes down upon arriving.

flight back from Maui and my wife got the upgrade to first and said peace out, you can sit with the kids.  i don't blame her one bit.