Prove Me Wrong: American Airlines is the worst domestic airline

Rougarou

Well if it jacked up a pitot tube then I’d guess it was during the TO roll where you cross check...80 knots?  But PPrune said the flight never got on the runway per flightaware or another service like that...however I’m not sure how you’d know that until enough airflow into the tube was there to register, so a good question for the pilots here. 

Edited by Homercles

On 9/6/2019 at 10:34 PM, Shaggy3.0 said:

Delta is the best. Fight me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done a 180 on delta.  They crush these days. 

Im on my flight back from Europe.  Flew out American, returning British.  The difference in service is laughable.  It’s like American tries to be shitty...

Also, I’m gonna miss these 747’s.  I don’t give a shit if they’re dated.  Snagging a couple seats on the upper deck is still the tits.  

Steven Wright: “called to make a reservation with Americans airlines.  They asked me how many would be traveling.   I said ‘how should I know? It’s your plane’.”

Anyone fly Austin to DFW on AA lately? I've got a flight showing 1:11, which seems really high. I don't think I've ever had an Austin to Dallas flight take more than 45-50 minutes.

Flight time around 35-40 mins. The rest is taxi time and built in delays for the AA mechanics to try to figure out which warning light to set off.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Flight time around 35-40 mins. The rest is taxi time and built in delays for the AA mechanics to try to figure out which warning light to set off.

Fuck AA. They delayed my AUS - DFW flight this morning so I missed the connecting flight to Cozumel. Now I have to fly thru Miami to Cancun and bag drag to Cozumel.

Fuck AA again. The new flight was $143 and my original flight was $452. Do I have to kill someone to get a refund?

I need to fly from PHX to ORD next Friday, leaving no earlier than 8pm. The last direct flight is at 7pm.

The last possible itinerary shown on aa.com is the 7pm direct - none of the obvious connecting redeye options that I know I'm going to have to take. So I look at Google Flights, and sure enough, there's a dozen or more ways to get from Phoenix to Chicago with a connection and an early morning arrival. I find the itinerary that I want via Google (and which is still impossible to find on aa.com) and click through there to eventually book on aa.com. I booked all this yesterday, but the missing options were also a problem on Wednesday afternoon when I first started looking into flights. 

This morning, some fucking shithead from the AA callback number calls my cell and offers me a direct flight leaving at 3pm for a $75 upcharge. 

What the fuck? It was annoying enough I couldn't just book travel like I do several times a month, but to call me on my phone and try to get me to take a different flight that I clearly didn't choose when presented with it? 

Fuck right off. If I didn't know for a fact that it would just be a frustrating and futile waste of time, I would call and complain. 

Fuck American Airlines in the goatass. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
Seriously, fuck American Airlines.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:55 PM, gecko said:

Gardner, your post reminded me of something....

It's been a couple of years but one of our HR staffers was flying from IAH to Milwaukee and the flight landed in Chicago.  It was a through plane but everyone had to deplane.  So her flight arrived and continued from the same gate.  She missed the flight to Milwaukee.

Maybe this should go in the "HR people and stupid shit they say/do" thread

Probably just lost track of time servicing the glory hole in the men's room just across the concourse from the gate.

I'd cut her some slack if I was you.

Sitting at DFW right now.  Boarded a flight to LAX.  Everyone boarded in time and everything.  Maintenance comes on the plane.  Pilot said they were there to fix the fire alarm going off in the bathrooms.  None of us heard that at all.  Maintenance then grounded the plane and we were all told to get off as they were going to find another plane.

Fuck AA.

Sitting at DFW right now.  Boarded a flight to LAX.  Everyone boarded in time and everything.  Maintenance comes on the plane.  Pilot said they were there to fix the fire alarm going off in the bathrooms.  None of us heard that at all.  Maintenance then grounded the plane and we were all told to get off as they were going to find another plane.
Fuck AA.

Think this is one of the top plays going right now for the maintenance team. Something similar happened to a friend the other day with AA out of Phoenix. Said it was a warning light related to the bathrooms. One hour delay.

9 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Fuck AA.

You got Warehimed 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Think this is one of the top plays going right now for the maintenance team. Something similar happened to a friend the other day with AA out of Phoenix. Said it was a warning light related to the bathrooms. One hour delay.

Yeah, you could tell the pilot and FA’s were pissed.  They just want to get home, too.

16 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

At least some of them are trying...

This guy handed out thank you notes to everyone in first.

cd4ba9d0ec789ff2c01fb808b1e406f5.jpg

Based on that handwriting, at least one member of your crew was absolutely shitfaced drunk.  May want to report that.  

That’s gotta be on the airlines. Runway closure has been on their radar forever, but the minute it actually happens there’s massive delays and cancellations like it caught them by surprise. But yeah - avoid SFO (in general, bust especially through the  end of the month). 

3 hours ago, Txzen said:

That’s gotta be on the airlines. Runway closure has been on their radar forever, but the minute it actually happens there’s massive delays and cancellations like it caught them by surprise. But yeah - avoid SFO (in general, bust especially through the  end of the month). 

listen brah, we aint gonna slow down our flights into one of the most profitable cities to fly out of just because its take-off/landing capacity has been cut in half.... let the OTHER airlines drop flights and we will pick up the extra capacity ourselves.

whats that? ALL of the companies that fly out of SFO all had the same idea and suddenly its impossible to get a flight into or out of the airport without an extra 2 hour delay???

Thats Unpossible!!!!!!

• Like 1

United to SFO last week:

ATC delay into SFO (covered above) - 40 mins
Get to end of runway and problem surfaces with APU.  Pilot's can't clear it....back to the gate - 45 mins later, IT'S FIXED!!!
Away we go, get to end of runway and passenger falls ill.  Back to the gate to unload the body and crew times out - 90 min delay

All things considered, United handled it well.  Lots on announcements, handed out meal vouchers, credited extra miles, and rolled out the snack cart.  Loaded us quickly and we seemed to haul ass to SFO also free DirectTV for the poors in the back and they stated they would credit any WiFi usage.

ps:  sick passenger was treated at gate and I heard her say she was feeling better and wanted to continue on the flight.  United had a supervisor on site that pretty much said.....ahhhh, no.

Edited by gecko

Meh. Had an emotional support dog throw up on rotation and proceed to have projectile squirts hitting people for two rows on a flight from Florida back to Texas. The dog then proceeded to lay soft serve all the way up the jet bridge to the terminal. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Like 2