Disney+ (Disney's new streaming service)

mdmost

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Cannot wait until he's old enough for Hook and Home Alone.

Maybe next month.

Home Alone 1 and 2 are my 5 year old's favorite movies.  We watched 1 last night.  He asked me what "ass" was.

Dad of the year over here.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:24 AM, huge said:

Home Alone 1 and 2 are my 5 year old's favorite movies.  We watched 1 last night.  He asked me what "ass" was.

Dad of the year over here.

So we decided to watch both of them today (wife had been wanting to watch them).  Still hold up well, but damn that World Trade Center scene was jarring.  Son asked what buildings those were, and we came close to going down the 9/11 rabbit hole with him.

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched everything up to black panther over the last few weeks. I hadn't seen most of phase 1 and 2, I started paying attention during phase 3. Watching them all at once really makes it feel more like a really high budget TV show with the phases being a season, and it's made me appreciate the entire franchise at lot more. One bad movie (Thor 2) and one meh movie (Ironman 3) and the rest are very enjoyable imo. 

Updating my list:

1) Captain America: The First Avenger

2) Captain Marvel 

3) Iron Man

4) Iron Man 2 

5) The Incredible Hulk (Not available b/c Universal owns it.  Didn't feel like renting)

6) Thor 

7) The Avengers

8) Iron Man 3 

9) Thor: Dark World (Not as good as the first one)

Next up - Captain America: Winter Soldier

Just picked it up last night and watched Rouge1 and it was great except it was not very fluid.  Had buffering issues all thru the movie.  I have no issues with any other services.  I have not watched another movie on it yet but the lady watched dr. strange (barf) and she experienced no issues.

Anyone else had issues with R1?

I noticed TLJ is not available until 12.26.19, thought that was a bit odd.  I've already combined the Hulu part, how do I get the ESPN+ part?

TLJ, Solo, Infinity War and a few others are still under contract with Netflix, when their license of use ends on Netflix they will switch over to Disney+ for good.

Also if you bundled them you ESPN+ should be operational now. At least that’s how it was when I combined my Hulu and Disney+ for the 3 part combo, espn+ was just active at that point

I have watched everything up to black panther over the last few weeks. I hadn't seen most of phase 1 and 2, I started paying attention during phase 3. Watching them all at once really makes it feel more like a really high budget TV show with the phases being a season, and it's made me appreciate the entire franchise at lot more. One bad movie (Thor 2) and one meh movie (Ironman 3) and the rest are very enjoyable imo. 

I plan on doing this over the next week and a half.

23 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Glad I listened to those saying to stick with Rebels. It gets much better in season 2.

Hide contents

Loved the Ahsoka and Rex reunion. Ahsoka seems damaged somehow, I hope we get some backstory on where’s she’s been and what she was doing.

You wont, but you won’t be disappointed by her storyline either. Last 2 episodes of S2 are great. 

I thought they were going to give some back story to where she went with the new “final”’season of clone wars

Yeah Ahsoka is done a great deal of justice in Rebels.

I was pleased despite not getting the “hey where ya been” answered.

sadly rise of skywalker will give you an unanswered answer to “where is Aksoka?” It’s she’s dead and a force ghost now apparently

Also another spoiler

baby Yoda’s force heal returns again with Rey and it’s pretty good use I must say...

• Like 1

Wouldn’t Aksoka be around 90 at the time of Rise of Skywalker? People do die of old age, even in Star Wars. 

She should be about mid 60s.

She was in her early 30s in Rebels, and if the last trilogy was 30years aby she shouldn’t be too old even for a togruta and also in Rebels she basically gets time jumped 2-3 years when Ezra saves her from dying at the Sith Temple to Vader.

Im guessing she and Sabine didn’t find Ezra and Thrawn.
  • Like 1

Finished Season 2 of Rebels. Holy shit.

Ahsoka vs Vader, not to mention the Maul and Kanan thing, was fucking heavy after having watched Clone Wars. Wow. Not sure if we get more Ahsoka in subsequent seasons but she has turned into one of my favorite characters in the SW universe. Padawan Ahsoka and Adult Ahsoka (although as she said *not* a Jedi) are really different but both really good. It’s gonna suck for me when Kanan and Ahsoka die. I couldn’t avoid those spoilers.

Who knew Maul would become such an interesting character after TPM?

Help us Dave Filoni, you’re our only hope.

On 12/18/2019 at 12:22 AM, Brandywine said:

Really liked Noelle. Funny, cute, equal and similar in ways to Elf. Good Christmas movie. Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader are terrific.

Watched it last night with the kids. I agree. Not nearly as funny as Elf but it was pretty good for what it is. 

On 12/22/2019 at 8:35 PM, Speedtrucker said:

Yeah Ahsoka is done a great deal of justice in Rebels.

I was pleased despite not getting the “hey where ya been” answered.

Hide contents

sadly rise of skywalker will give you an unanswered answer to “where is Aksoka?” It’s she’s dead and a force ghost now apparently

Also another spoiler

Hide contents

baby Yoda’s force heal returns again with Rey and it’s pretty good use I must say...

Spoiler for movie and rebels

check

Not only was Ahsoka’s voice heard, but so was Kanan’s.  Notably absent was Ezra. I doubt that was unintentional. My bet is they left him alive intentionally to leave open chance for a Rebels sequel. 

Of course, as much as ghosts appear to be able to interact with the physical world, they could really do a show with any character now, as no one appears to ever really die

Edited by UT_OB1

Finished Rebels Season 3.

I love the conclusion of the Maul arc with Ben Kenobi, and the little glimpse into Luke. Also really glad Thrawn was pulled from the novels into canon status. When the hell can we get some Mara Jade?

loved the Maul and Kenobi finale, loved that Kenobi originally shows Soresu before switching and baiting Maul with Ataru and finishing the fight in swift fashion once Maul took the bait.

4 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Reveal hidden contents

loved the Maul and Kenobi finale, loved that Kenobi originally shows Soresu before switching and baiting Maul with Ataru and finishing the fight in swift fashion once Maul took the bait.

When this show was on Disney XD, we watched it via the Watch Disney app. They had a weekly segment that was an extra you could watch called Rebels Recon. It featured interviews with the creative team and cast. One of the things they discussed was how Obi Wan learned from the fight Maul had with Qui Gon. When Maul tried to do the same move he did that eventually killed Qui Gon, Obi Wan deflected and struck Maul instead. Just a cool wrinkle that shows Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo really pay a great attention to the details of these series.

• Like 1

That’s excellent news.

I wonder how many people are like me and were kind of unaware of Clone Wars and Rebels until recently. I just thought they were some sort of kiddie shows looking to cash in on the Star Wars name. Once I got into them I now care more about that storyline than I do the stories from the movies. Not that I don’t love the movies and the Skywalker arc, I do, but that arc is done for me and I’m more interested in what else is going on. I loved that we got more Vader and Maul in these series, because those were lightly developed characters. I don’t ever need to hear about Luke or Rey or any of those characters again, but I’m itching to find out more about Ahsoka, Ezra, and maybe Thrawn since I read those books and liked them.

I’ve been evangelizing CW and Rebels to all my fellow children of the 80s, but 217 episodes is a tough sell to busy dads.

• Like 1

You have to muscle through the first season. It’s very cartoonish (lots of silly physical humor, no real violence) but it picks up steam in season 2. Hera ended up being one of my favorite characters, and the continuation of Maul’s and Ahsoka’s story arcs are worth the effort. The Ezra character goes through a much better transformation from “impatient kid” than Anakin did in the prequels. Much more in the spirit of young Luke.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 7:12 AM, Buzzrock said:

I’ve been evangelizing CW and Rebels to all my fellow children of the 80s, but 217 episodes is a tough sell to busy dads.

If you could go back to the 80s and talk to my friends and I, and tell us some things about 2020

• Tell us the New York real estate/Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous guy would be President.  Response:  Okay, somehow not really surprised.
  • Tell us that the most popular reality show would feature the children of the guy who got OJ off the hook for murdering his wife, and Bruce Jenner.  Response: OJ killed his wife?
  • Tell us that Bruce Jenner is now identifying as a woman.  Response: What the fuck?
  • Tell us that one of the most popular TV shows is about a bunch of kids in the 1980s solving mystery and horror stories.   Response:  Okay, that's cool!
  • Tell us that one of the most anticipated movies for 2020 is a Wonder Woman movie.  Set in 1984.  Response:  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that, but that's cool as shit!  Is Linda Carter in it?
  • Tell us that there would be 8 feature Star Wars films made starting in the late 1990s.  Response:  I thought there'd be some more after Jedi, but holy shit that's awesome!
  • Tell us that in the 2000s and 2010s there would be three Star Wars TV shows, including one about somebody wearing armor similar to Boba Fett's.  Response:  That's cool as shit!
  • Tell us that in 2020, the best Star Wars made since the 1980s were the TV shows, including a live action show that had Nick Nolte and Carl Weathers.  Response:

spacer.png

• Like 3