Disney+ (Disney's new streaming service)

mdmost

On 2/15/2020 at 7:01 PM, Neonmoon said:

YESSSSS

edit: the voices of the characters sound nothing like the original. It’s off putting. Couldn’t even get through an episode. 

Man you gotta continue on. That show is legitimately funny. And the way they work in characters from the original show and comics is pretty cool, like Darkwing Duck and Gizmoduck(it's not spoilers telling you they're in the show).

The voices and each of the triplets having their own personalities instead of being carbon copies of each other make it better.  Scrooge is the only one that takes time to get used to, but that's because you'll know him if you watched Doctor Who.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:32 PM, TXSooner518 said:

+1. I can't think of another movie that was making me legit have sweaty palms like that.

My wife had to stop watching because she couldn't handle it.  It's worth it though, probably one of the top 5 or 10 docs I have seen.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 12:12 AM, UT_OB1 said:

Disney+ has an “Important CW episodes” selection. I think it was 20 episodes. Might be worth it to watch the episodes in that you haven’t seen yet. 

Where do you see this on Disney+ ?

Edit 1: Disregard - Was looking for it on Star Wars page, but it was on home page.

Edit 2: They don't even have season 6 in the suggested episodes!?  WTF!?

Edited by ernest_t_bass
dum

I haven’t finished Clone Wars, I finished Rebels. What characters still existing in Star Wars Canon would y’all like to see on The Mandalorian? 

Bo-Katan is an obvious nominee. The Binge Mode folks have a theory that Mando and Bo-Katan meet in prison at some point. It would be an interesting story line, but I believe the only way to obtain the Darksaber is to kill its owner. I think it’s likely that Gus killed Bo-Katan.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Was it ever explained why Kanan (Rebels) is blind, but walks around everywhere like he has 20-20 vision? I think Rebels screwed that hole part of the plot up completely, if the only reasoning is "the force."

It’s the force. “You don’t need your eyes to see” or something like that. 

Was it ever explained why Kanan (Rebels) is blind, but walks around everywhere like he has 20-20 vision? I think Rebels screwed that hole part of the plot up completely, if the only reasoning is "the force."

It was explained, he had half an episode with the Bindu where he specifically asks Bindu “ok, how do I restore my sight?”

And the Bindu walks him back through the force sight ability.

Eyes can deceive

1 hour ago, ernest_t_bass said:

I mean, I get all that.  But he just sees like he never lost his sight.  So before the explosion, what exactly is the point of restoring his sight, if he can see just like normal in the first place?  

There is a difference between not walking in to things and being able to see your loved one with your own eyes just before you go.  

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, Viper said:

my app has been acting weird the last few days. It won't connect on wifi, but works fine on mobile. But I can use the website just fine from a laptop on wifi and can login to the website from the phone too.

Their whole platform is still kind of a mess when it comes to UI/connectivity/consistency. I've been watching the Simpsons and had it crash a good amount last night and behave very weirdly when it comes to autoplaying the next episode(s).

If they really want to challenge the Netflixes of the streaming world they need to improve their platform. It's fucking sucked since they launched it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw some speculation that Mulan and Black Widow might come to Disney+ on the dates they were supposed to be released since it's obvious movie watching in theaters won't return until the mid summer. 

Edited by mdmost

Seems likely, but I'd guess they'll go to rent/buy on demand for a month or two at around $24.99 before heading to Disney plus. Onward had a two week gap between PPV and Disney plus (April 3), but it also did have a brief stint in theaters before shit hit the fan.

Mulan was supposed to be out already (March 27) anyway.

Yeah, Disney moved almost all of their Spring movies to July and November. 

• Disney’s Mulan, which was previously set to make its theatrical debut on March 27, is now planned to hit theaters July 24.
  • Marvel’s Black Widow which was planned for May 1, will now debut on November 6.
  • It’s worth noting, November 6 was the previously-planned release of Marvel’s Eternals. It looks as though every Marvel film has been bumped back one slot.
  • Also of note, this new release schedule gives us a release date for Captain Marvel 2, which is set to hit theaters July 8, 2022.
  • The complete release schedule is as follows:
    • Free Guy (20th Century Studios) – previously dated on 7/3/20 moves to 12/11/20
    • Bob’s Burgers (20th Century Studios) – previously dated on 7/17/20 moves to 4/9/21
    • Mulan (Disney) – now dated on 7/24/20
    • Jungle Cruise (Disney) – previously dated on 7/24/20 moves to 7/30/21
    • The French Dispatch (Searchlight) – previously dated on 7/24/20 moves to 10/16/20
    • Black Widow (Disney) – now dated on 11/6/20
    • The Eternals (Disney) – previously dated on 11/6/20 moves to 2/12/21
    • Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Disney) – previously dated on 2/12/21 moves to 5/7/21
    • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Disney) – previously dated on 5/7/21 moves to 11/5/21
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Disney) – previously dated on 11/5/21 moves to 2/18/22
    • Untitled Marvel (Disney) – previously dated on 2/18/22 is removed from schedule
    • Untitled Indiana Jones(Disney) – previously dated on 7/9/21 moves to 7/29/22
    • CAPTAIN MARVEL 2 (Disney) – 7/8/22
    • Untitled Disney Live Action(Disney) – previously dated on 7/8/22 is removed from schedule
    • Untitled 20th Century (20th Century Studios) – previously dated on 4/9/21 is removed from schedule
    • Untitled Disney Live Action (Disney) – previously dated on 7/30/21 is removed from schedule
  • Disney’s Artemis Fowl was previously slated for a theatrical debut on May 29, but has been removed from the schedule and will instead debut on Disney+.

Edited by mdmost

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, Disney moved almost all of their Spring movies to July and November. 

Friend who is working for one of the smaller VFX shops is breathing a huge sigh of a relief.  It's been a pain for them to work remotely, something about their security and not being able to access stuff at home (don't want leaks showing up online, etc.).