Disney+ (Disney's new streaming service)

mdmost

On 3/27/2021 at 12:50 AM, TKthunder2 said:

They had to release it now that they have the Marvel Disney+ shows going.  Since these shows are directly integrated in the MCU they couldn’t wait any longer.

Yeah, they have reached that point, especially since

Spoiler

it looks like Black Widow in the Loki trailer, and Loki comes out in May.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, they have reached that point, especially since

Hide contents

it looks like Black Widow in the Loki trailer, and Loki comes out in May.

Spoiler

Loki died in the main MCU universe.  Not 100% sure but I think the Loki D+ series follows the 2012 Loki that escaped during the time heist in end game, so I assume if they are still in that timeline Black Window would still be alive.

See above I somehow jacked up the formatting.

Edited by TKthunder2

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Less enthused about this but it's Star Wars.

Same here, but Filoni is running it, right?  My kids will be extremely excited for it. I didn’t go in to rebels or clone wars expecting to like a kids cartoon, so maybe this will be good too. Hopefully it isn’t SW resistance. Even my kids don’t like that one. 

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

The Mouse knows how to keep its hands in our wallets.

"We are going to announce way in advance that we are increasing the price a buck or two, but if you sign up for the whole year, it's cheap!"

Millions of parents cry out "okay, okay, we'll sign up for a year", with the auto renew feature set to "on".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Disney movie with no princess songs. It was enjoyable. We paid for it during the lockdown to change things up for the kids. They enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching it with them. It wasn’t Up or Frozen or Moanna or any of the other really good to great ones, but it didn’t make me way to run in to traffic like say inside out magic. 

Mighty Ducks series is right amount of nostalgic cheese Gilmore girls with Bombay being a Disney Johnny Lawrence. I’m enjoying it, and can also watch with the kids, unlike kobra kai

33 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Nobody has watched Loki yet?  I count on you guys for my opening night hot takes.

Hey, some of us have jobs! (and haven’t found the time to get away and yet to watch on our phones)

Also, there is a Loki thread. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Hey, some of us have jobs! (and haven’t found the time to get away and yet to watch on our phones)

Also, there is a Loki thread. 

This.  I can do a 30 min show in the morning, but hour long shows requiring waiting until lunch or the afternoon. 

18 minutes ago, Stringer said:

For those with little kids, Bluey Season 2 is up as of a couple weeks. Pretty sure my kids have been through it at least twice. It’s still terrific.

I never really paid much attention to it other than it seemed a notch above most animated shows, and then my youngest put it on the episode where the dad is holding the youngest (Bingo?) while he’s pissing in the bush, and everything else is going off the rails.  I was laughing so hard.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I never really paid much attention to it other than it seemed a notch above most animated shows, and then my youngest put it on the episode where the dad is holding the youngest (Bingo?) while he’s pissing in the bush, and everything else is going off the rails.  I was laughing so hard.  

Ah yes, Takeaway.  A classic.  I think that's my wife's favorite.

The show can make you laugh, but has some real poignant moments for the parents too.  The parents are both aspirational in how they interact with the kids, but also very relatable in how they screw up and in general, are just normal parents with their own lives and interests.  We love it.

We watched Raya and the Last Dragon last night with the younger child as the older one now says "animated movies and shows don't interest me anymore". Really enjoyed it. A shame it had to come out in shitty Covid times without theaters. The animation was really good. The short "Us Again" was also enjoyable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, mdmost said:

All Disney+ shows will stream their new episodes every Wednesday instead of the previous Fridays. I prefer the Friday just from a get the family together and watch it then but we can just move that to Wednesday now. 

One article I saw said Disney did it to clear Friday nights since they are releasing some big movies into theaters.  They want butts in seats, and they want the influencers on social media to be focused on movie reviews on Friday night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For fans of the parks such as me, this looks fun. Appears to be in the same style as the "Movies that Made Us" and "Toys that Made Us" series on Netflix, which I enjoyed. Same producer, so clearly that's not by accident.

All ten eps out next week.

Edited by LonghornSean

• 3 weeks later...