Disney+ (Disney's new streaming service)

mdmost

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Hayden Christensen is returning for the Obi Wan series. How does that work and not mess up the existing canon?

Maybe a subplot of Vader hunting down remaining Jedi and in particular Obi-Wan? It’ll be interesting for sure. Glad to have Ewan McGregor back in the fold.

10 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Maybe a subplot of Vader hunting down remaining Jedi and in particular Obi-Wan? It’ll be interesting for sure. Glad to have Ewan McGregor back in the fold.

Set 10 years after Revenge of the Sith, so maybe, maybe not. There’s a lot of Vader comic material they could draw from. 

Might be the last time we get Vader in live action. 

What If...? will be fucking awesome. 

Peggy Carter as Cap

T'challa taken as a kid instead of Peter Quill

A zombie story with Winter Soldier

A Dr Strange story that I couldn't quite tell what was different but he was fighting himself. 

Edited by mdmost

42 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So The Bad Batch and Mando Season 3 are the only safe bets for Star Wars 2021 premieres? 

Visions also (Japanese animation short films described above)

edit - I hope black widow doesn’t get delayed again. 

Black Widow is still slated for May 7th, 2021 (a release date that came after multiple delays this year). The May 7th date pushed Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings to July 9th, 2021. Meanwhile, The Eternals moved to November 5th, 2021.

Edited by UT_OB1

43 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Visions also (Japanese animation short films described above)

edit - I hope black widow doesn’t get delayed again. 

Black Widow is still slated for May 7th, 2021 (a release date that came after multiple delays this year). The May 7th date pushed Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings to July 9th, 2021. Meanwhile, The Eternals moved to November 5th, 2021.

I have to imagine that they will either release it in theaters then or release it on Disney+.  They have too much in the works to not keep things moving.

1 hour ago, freyguy said:

Every bit of the new MCU content looks bad ass.

And most of the Star Wars.

And there are rumors going around that Lucas will have some input on the Obi-Wan series.  Would be kickass to bring him in somehow, was half-expecting him to direct something with Filoni.

This whole announcement is fucking nuts.  Disney is pretty much done with movies in theaters, outside of some tentpoles.  It's like they developing multiple Game of Thrones series at the same time, based on production costs.

On 11/12/2020 at 10:03 PM, atomheartbevo said:

400 million to half-a-fucking-billion dollars a month, depending on if people are month-by month paying yearly.  We'll say around $5 billion a year.

On the one hand, trails Netflix's $20 billion a year.

On the other hand, unlike Netflix, they don't have to shell out any royalties to other companies.  Of course, it's going to be some time before they pay off the Fox merger.

Up to 86.5 million subscribers is what I heard yesterday, that's insane. I have it through a friend of mines account but I never watch it. If you get 3 or 4 viewers per account like I have on Netflix almost the entire country has access. Nevermind, I'm sure that includes other countries subscribers.