Kansas State @ Texas Series

zlavydra

First, for anyone who continues to believe that "K State owns us in every sport," you're wrong as can be.  We absolutely dominate them in baseball.  I did the research and posted it on the old site last year or the year before.  To paraphrase from memory, I think since the start of Big XII play, they've won 4 series out of 21, including 1997 and 1998, when we were terrible.  I'm also pretty sure that the other 2 years when they won the series, Texas went to Omaha anyway.  

Pitching match-ups:

FRIDAY—Texas So. RHP Bryce Elder (2-1, 2.40) vs. Kansas State Fr. RHP Griffin Hassall (0-1, 2.77)
SATURDAY—Texas Jr. RHP Blair Henley (5-1, 3.86) vs. Kansas State Jr. RHP Kasey Ford (0-2, 11.74)
SUNDAY—Texas Fr. RHP Coy Cobb (0-2, 3.16) vs. Kansas State Fr. LHP Jordan Wicks (4-1, 2.53)

Seems to be some experimentation in the rotation for the Cats. Hassall is a freshman from Canada who has done all right the last couple of weeks against Tech and Creighton.  Ford is...just fucking terrible, at least just based on his numbers. Maybe Hughes sees some positive match up for him.  Wicks has been solid for them all year - definitely their best starter, with only one so-so start against Tech.

What we don't want to see is their closer, Zubradt. Dude has pitched 16 2/3 innings and allowed 6 baserunners and no runs.  That's pretty stout, but closers are easily avoided by putting a beating on the other guys.  

What we don't want to see is their closer, Zubradt. Dude has pitched 16 2/3 innings and allowed 6 baserunners and no runs.  That's pretty stout, but closers are easily avoided by putting a beating on the other guys.  

12 of our 35 games have been one run games so the odds are that we’ll see him at least once

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

CDC “ I’m not sure but I’d roll the dice”.   My kind of guy.  Hook Em

Yep, such a great non typical, non politically correct, not UT type answer.

Dude is nails.

You can just feel the butt pucker from the, "Gotta follow the flow chart no matter what!" types.  Fucking pogues.