Kansas State @ Texas Series

zlavydra

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We just lost a tough series and then you talk trash by bringing up that shit from last week? Yeah didn't make me happy. 

You're a dipshit if you think that comment had a thing to do with last week and let me let you in on something else sport...you're not on the fucking team, you didn't lose shit.  

Relax and go take in a movie you choad.  I might suggest Bull Durham.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

Pierce hasn't quite had the opportunity to wash the Augie (RIp}) /TNic stench off the team yet. The injuries put us even further behind on that little project. 

Yes Clemens helped a lot last year with whatever he got here and elsewhere.  But Pierce has yet to field a team that's his. There are a few good signs that that may fix things. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:

What an embarrassing shitshow. Only against the Horns can a team with a shitty ERA like the Wildcats come in and win a series on the road.

Can we recruit some of the softball girls to help these guys score some damn runs?

We could use their hitting coach. Almost everyone has improved their BA and OPS on the softball team. For the baseball team, however, only two of our guys have improved their BA from last year, at least by my cursory count. Fielding stats have also gone downhill (comparing the same players to themselves in 2018) as I posted upthread. Injuries have played a big role, and this current roster is not very talented, but we can’t ignore the fact that our players don’t seem to be getting the best they can get in terms of development. 

54 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep, without those 2 it's likely Pierce is closer to Strong and Shaka. Pierce needs to start recruiting much better.

His first real class was this past one. Look at rankings for the last 5 classes and tell me he didn’t make a huge improvement. And we can expect it to continue. 

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep, without those 2 it's likely Pierce is closer to Strong and Shaka. Pierce needs to start recruiting much better.

Have you seen the freshman pitching staff along with Kennedy, Ford, Peters and Reagan(hitting wise. He’s got a lot work to do with his fielding)?

47 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Have you seen the freshman pitching staff along with Kennedy, Ford, Peters and Reagan(hitting wise. He’s got a lot work to do with his fielding)?

I can't tell if you think the newbs are an improvement on the field/in the box or not.  Which only matters because I'm not sure myself.  I think I'm seeing some improvement.

Yep. Improvement. Still got a long way to go, obviously. But if we get Hamilton back next year along with DJ and a healthy Peters, we should be set. 

I asked this early but what’re the odds Todd goes pro after this year? Yeah yeah I know, wait till the draft and whatnot

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yep. Improvement. Still got a long way to go, obviously. But if we get Hamilton back next year along with DJ and a healthy Peters, we should be set. 

I asked this early but what’re the odds Todd goes pro after this year? Yeah yeah I know, wait till the draft and whatnot

Correct.  If this team is healthy (mainly Hamilton) we're a pretty damn good team.  Cant understate how big of a loss he (and Petrinsky) was