2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-silver-china-nba-fire-daryl-morey-211743067.html

The Chinese government made a request that the NBA fire the Rocket's GM over pro Hong Kong tweets. I feel the Chinese government should shut the fuck up and keep their noses out of American affairs, especially fucking sports of all things. LeBron is a dip shit, all he cares about is fattening his pocket book, what a fucking sell out. It would make my day to see the Lakers miss the playoffs entirely once again and continue to flounder near the bottom of the West.

Edited by Chad
  • Like 1

Man, I've always been mostly a fan of LeBron and found myself defending him in conversations where people were throwing shade at him. But the way he's handled this has been classless and atrocious. What a chump.

My absolute nightmare scenario now, is an LA/LA Western Conference Finals where I'm forced to root for (fuck) Kawhi Leonard to win. Thanks a lot, LeBron. 

Edited by BradInATX

I'm not going to begrudge the player because if the owners are willing to pay it then they can afford it but wow they must really be expecting big things from him.   That is a lot of cheddar for a guy that is at best 4th in the order.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:27 AM, d2o said:

Yeah, I can say it.    I was WAY off with him.   All the physical tools.   None of the "want to" or even "how to"

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he retired once his contract is up. Even going back to his time at KU you could see that he doesn’t really love the game. I think it is one of those things where he was just always good at it and everyone told him how much money he would make. He used to do it part time and now that it is full time he hates it. 

Say he doesn’t walk away, what would you even pay him? $15M? He’d probably never take something like that and hold out until he joins the Kings for $25M. Then go off for a year and get another big contract that he sucks in. 

Edited by Jhawk