Patrick Bateman

2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

I fucking hate politics mixed in my sports. Fuck that shit
Get used to it. Here to stay unfortunately. ESPN loves some politics.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:54 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Thoughts and prayers go out to Buddy Hield during this difficult time88a91e08e731252d6a61a00466b0b260.jpg

Must have not felt that insulted..... They built in incentives.

I'm not going to begrudge the player because if the owners are willing to pay it then they can afford it but wow they must really be expecting big things from him.   That is a lot of cheddar for a guy that is at best 4th in the order.

and zion is out 6-8 weeks.
Hope this doesnt snowball into lower body injuries. I have my reserves on here about him, but i hope im wrong going off the likeness factor alone.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:27 AM, d2o said:

Yeah, I can say it.    I was WAY off with him.   All the physical tools.   None of the "want to" or even "how to"

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he retired once his contract is up. Even going back to his time at KU you could see that he doesn’t really love the game. I think it is one of those things where he was just always good at it and everyone told him how much money he would make. He used to do it part time and now that it is full time he hates it. 

Say he doesn’t walk away, what would you even pay him? $15M? He’d probably never take something like that and hold out until he joins the Kings for $25M. Then go off for a year and get another big contract that he sucks in. 

Edited by Jhawk