2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Hahaha I love seeing his dad mad. Ain’t no big ballaaaa playing in New Orleans, big ballas only play in big balla cities.

Would love Griffin to preemptively come out and say he doesn't give a single solitary fuck about what clownshow Lavar has to say. Shut the fuck up about playing time, Lonzo's shitty brothers, and dont ever associate your shitty business ventures with the Pelicans. 

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

he's also 2 years older than both ingram and ball.

True but that's probably not gonna help them fix their jacked up jump shots  Ball will probably never be a good shooter.  Best case scenario is a poor man's Kidd, who can make stand still jump shots, but other than that he has to get into the paint.  Ingram is making progress scoring but seems like an ISO only guy.

New Orleans must be satisfied with Ingram's medicals to make him the centerpiece.

Lakers better have gotten solid assurances from AD that he'll sign a long-term deal.  I've got to assume that they wouldn't have pulled the trigger otherwise.

Don't mind giving up Ball.  Sorry to see Ingram go, as I think he's on the verge of great things if he can stay healthy, but that's the price of pulling in an arguably top 5 player.  Three firsts (including at least one top 5) is pretty steep, though.

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

as long as Russ is in OKC they will never have a shot to win a title. 

That's prolly true but unless things change, OKC will have Roberson and Noel on the court at the same time at points this coming season.  Between them they have zero offensive skills despite playing basketball since they were five years old.

That "young core" of the Lakers was extremely overrated. Lonzo was always nicked up and couldn't shoot or hit a free throw to save his life, not to mention the accompanying headache of LaVarr Ball. Ingram/Hart never really took the next step and developed into something bigger. If the Lakers are unable to lure a max player I'm not so sure adding AD will make too much of a difference because LeBron is already beginning to decline showing signs of it last season.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Shut the fuck up, Chris Mannix, you unbelievable Celtics' homer. Because Boston doesn't have draft picks too that they could have packaged with Tatum to blow the Lakers offer away?

Ainge valued Brown over Kawhi and Tatum over AD. Kyrie has both feet out the door, and, unless Hayward takes a massive leap back to his pre-injury level, you're back to having Horford as your best player and a bunch of so-so draft picks.

Nice work.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Shut the fuck up, Chris Mannix, you unbelievable Celtics' homer. Because Boston doesn't have draft picks too that they could have packaged with Tatum to blow the Lakers offer away?

Ainge valued Brown over Kawhi and Tatum over AD. Kyrie has both feet out the door, and, unless Hayward takes a massive leap back to his pre-injury level, and you're back to having Horford as your best player and a bunch of so-so draft picks.

Nice work.

AD was not signing with the Celtics

Just now, Michael Knight said:

AD was not signing with the Celtics

And Paul George was 100% signing in LA too. 

The Lakers wouldn't have kept a max slot open for another year of LeBron's late prime had AD gone elsewhere.

I don't think Jayson Tatum is a good enough player to warrant not taking a risk (albeit a big risk) on a top talent. Especially now that they're quickly running out of ways to land a true superstar.

40 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Ainge valued Brown over Kawhi and Tatum over AD. Kyrie has both feet out the door, and, unless Hayward takes a massive leap back to his pre-injury level, you're back to having Horford as your best player and a bunch of so-so draft picks.

Nice work.

Right all we have heard is how many picks and assets Ainge has stockpiled to get a superstar.   He low balled his way to passing on PG, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi and now AD.   Who the fuck is he waiting to use those assets to get? 

Right all we have heard is how many picks and assets Ainge has stockpiled to get a superstar.   He low balled his way to passing on PG, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi and now AD.   Who the fuck is he waiting to use those assets to get? 
Yep. His arsenal of assets was insane. Ainge overplayed his hand. Now he needs to hope Tatum bounces back or he'll really look bad.

Like someone said...maybe KI leaving is addition by subtraction.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Lulz, the best heavy weighted team in modern NBA history just lost in the playoffs because their bench depth was trash. If you think you are getting 35M+ from Davis and Lebron a night with a shitty roster behind them and still be a Top 4 seed in the West, all I can say is lulz.

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz, the best heavy weighted team in modern NBA history just lost in the playoffs because their bench depth was trash. If you think you are getting 35M+ from Davis and Lebron a night with a shitty roster behind them and still be a Top 4 seed in the West, all I can say is lulz.

If you think a team with Lebron and Brow on it won’t be top 4 in a weakened west then you are vastly underestimating how good both those guys are.

• Like 1

Lonzo is one of the more underrated players in the league just from how much everyone hates his dad. He's a really good passer, good defender with the ability to switch across a few positions, and while his free throw shooting is embarrassing he's actually not a terrible shooter. 33% from 3 on 5 attempts per game isn't good but that's enough that his shooting doesn't hurt the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Oh god I hope not. I don’t mind super teams because the NBA has always been that way, even though people want to pretend Lebron and GSW were the firsts, but that’s just too much. That would be the best defensive team ever assembled.

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Oh god I hope not. I don’t mind super teams because the NBA has always been that way, even though people want to pretend Lebron and GSW were the firsts, but that’s just too much. That would be the best defensive team ever assembled.

the 1996 Bulls would have something to say about that. Jordan, Pippen, Harper, and Rodman led one of the most stacked/best defenses of all time. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Neither of those guys will play 35 minutes a night, they will still be top 4 shitty roster or not.

If no other team in the West that has a good team does nothing this off season which I doubt then yea they’ll be the team to beat but no one else has done anything yet.