Embedding videos and photos

3 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Are you trying to upload a pic off your iPhone/iPad?  

Browse from your device -> Select pic from Photo Library -> Upload -> copy BBCode full linked -> paste here 

For some reason I have to edit a bunch of additional code on the BBC code.

Don’t think I had to do that previously 

Is it possible to post reddit/twitter videos that are autoplayed, but remove the autoplay.  I haven't had the same problem with Youtube embedded videos.  I try my best to not redirect traffic to other sites by embedding code, however, I seem to have broken one of surly's 10 commandments by accident.  Important to note, the autoplay does not autoplay on PC.  So, I think it only autoplays only on mobile devices (could be wrong, need more researches).  Take that into consideration you mobile noobs.  Or, maybe i'm the noob.  Teach me you ways.

On 3/15/2020 at 7:52 PM, ss13 said:

Browse from your device -> Select pic from Photo Library -> Upload -> copy BBCode full linked -> paste here 

Wait, so I can select a picture from my phone and upload it here and I don't have to have one of those photo accounts? I have no clue what I'm doing (obvious) but that would be a nice option.

PC has been neglected in this board, whilst, being prime for stupid, silly rep and punishment.  Unless I'm missing something?  Can this not be a control put in place (autoplay disabled by default) by admins on this board.  Us suffering  PC dimwits are subject to your community/moderators/admins/commandments.

And holy fuck, the quoting on this Board is the absolute worst.   Get your shit together.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 5:52 PM, ss13 said:

I just posted 2 photos on the dt covid thread, but they look way more blurry than my actual pictures. Am I retarded, or is am I missing something?

@immamacmy pic uploads from my desktop aren't posting. I checked my available space and I'm at 367MB used. Started this weekend when I was posting in the "Post A Picture You Took" thread. One photo uploaded and the other didn't. I thought maybe the file was corrupt so I reopened it and resaved it and still nada. Oh well. Tried another picture yesterday and same thing. File name appears as "done" in the dialogue box but doesn't appear in the preview pane and doesn't show in the post.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 12:32 AM, Superhero said:

This stupid Gen Xer here needs instructions on how to share a damn tweet.

I come back after 2 years and post like a 3 year old.

copy the tweet url through the numbers and then paste in.  it'll auto embed if it can.  the format needs to be twitter.com / username / status / 9817234987389571.  if it's in any other format like twitter.com / i / web / status / 9734594375234 this board is unable to embed it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...