Embedding videos and photos

This is pissing me off. I tried posting the image link in the mobile browser and it wouldn’t allow the image to appear. Then I tried using bbcode and it truncated the image tags. On Tapa now and no joy. Works fine in Chrome on my laptop. WTF. Aside from the fact that I AM THE IDOIT, of course.

6 hours ago, the idoit said:

This is pissing me off. I tried posting the image link in the mobile browser and it wouldn’t allow the image to appear. Then I tried using bbcode and it truncated the image tags. On Tapa now and no joy. Works fine in Chrome on my laptop. WTF. Aside from the fact that I AM THE IDOIT, of course.

I feel your pain

21 hours ago, Don Keibals said:

anyone had any luck with the "insert existing attachment" thing? I was hoping it could be used to upload pix instead of using imagur or something similar

This is my question, too. How do you add an attachment? It would be so much easier if I could just load pics directly to Surly rather than having to use tinypic or some other image hosting service.

loader.gif

I assume you're talking about desktop. It may be a permssions issue that needs to be turned on for all users. Using "Insert other media" I don't see a way to add attachments.

If you're on your phone, Tapatalk has been installed. I think you can load images directly using that app.

Edited by retread

On 3/25/2018 at 10:35 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

Just a helpful note on how to do this on the new forum.

Photos:  You can also grab the URL of a picture, click the "Insert other media" button at the bottom right of your post/reply and click on "insert image from URL".  Paste said URL and you are good to go.

I’ve tried this on my iPhone, and it doesn’t work...for me, that is. Any non-sarcastic hints?

Also, how does a guy delete a post. I don’t see that as an edit option. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

@bob in houston

WebM/MPEG/Streamable embedding

How are we doing at that front, Bob? Gfycat as a temporary solution might be fine, but their video time limit of 60 seconds leaves much to be desired. We're also depended on one hosting website in that regard, which isn't good.

Automatic image resizing

Eskimo Shag and other boards resize images and videos to reasonable dimensions. A Gfycat I posted here blew up like one of Vic's POF women. I'm an aesthetician and that definitely doesn't look good.

Editor options

Again, Kevin's Scat Board had three message editor options:

- Standard (extra formatting controls)

- Basic (simple text box)

- Enhanced interface (full WYSIWYG)

SH only offers an enhanced editor. Would be nice to have at least the old standard option, too.

Thx in advance!