• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Allen probably doesn't get as many minutes as he should

He's getting less mins so far with Deandre on the team - but still playing more (19 mpg to 22 mpg).

That doesn't include tonight where Allen played 25 mins to DJ's 15. 

It's pretty understandable and not a huge indictment on Nash (or KD - as I'm starting to beleive) as DJ is a proven vet and has been pretty good for them so far. 

You are right that someone will pay him a lot of money after this season. 

On 1/3/2021 at 8:39 PM, Blotto said:

Allen probably doesn't get as many minutes as he should, but he's doing work when he's in there

image.thumb.png.6ad06262d09b25189896f129a7e9169a.png

Also sporting a PER of 22.8 this season which is top 30 (26th). He should get a decent pay bump after his rookie deal ends this season.

'

Got the start and flirted with a 20/20 last night. Nets blew out the Jazz with Durant sidelined. I think early on it actually raises their floor to be missing Kyrie or KD - there's less moving parts and shit to figure out. Ultimately they will be a better team with everyone healthy but Kyrie sans KD or vice versa would get them to the playoffs pretty easily I think.

There was also this:

Allen credited a change of his pregame meal from pasta with pesto sauce to pasta with alfredo sauce for his season high in points and rebounds.

“I think that was the thing that turned my game on tonight,” Allen said with a grin.

Edited by ztejas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watching LHN and a game from Penders' last season on the 40. Fucking A!! How in the hell did he finish below .500 with that team?!?! Totally didn't appreciate at the time how loaded they were. I guess there were some growing pains for Penders going from his typical neurotic, helter skelter offense to running a more conventional offense as the Big 12 and Texas high schools started attracted more talented players to campus. All 3 freshmen on that team (Axtel, Mihm, and even Bernard Smith) looked to be highly talented. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1