The official update thread for former Longhorns

Goo Punch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Regarding earlier discussion, I would rank the modern Texas players NBA careers like this:
KD
Aldridge
Myles Turner
Avery Bradley
Tristan Thompson
Jarret Allen (climbing)
PJ Tucker
TJ Ford
DJ Augustin
Daniel Gibson
Royal Ivey
Mo Bamba (climbing)
Cory Joseph

On 5/4/2021 at 9:06 AM, HookEm said:

Regarding earlier discussion, I would rank the modern Texas players NBA careers like this:
KD
Aldridge
Myles Turner
Avery Bradley
Tristan Thompson
Jarret Allen (climbing)
PJ Tucker
TJ Ford
DJ Augustin
Daniel Gibson
Royal Ivey
Mo Bamba (climbing)
Cory Joseph

You aren't giving DJ enough credit

KD
Aldridge
Myles Turner
Avery Bradley
DJ Augustin
PJ Tucker

Tristan Thompson
Jarret Allen (climbing)
TJ Ford
Daniel Gibson
Cory Joseph
Royal Ivey
Mo Bamba (climbing)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this goes here or the offseason thread, but:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/us/jaxson-hayes-los-angeles-police-investigation-excessive-force/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+(RSS%3A+CNN+-+Most+Recent)

he Los Angeles Police Department has launched an investigation into whether officers used excessive force while arresting NBA Pelicans center Jaxson Hayes, a department spokesperson confirmed to CNN Wednesday.

On July 28, LAPD officers responded to a call at about 2:50 a.m. local time reporting a domestic dispute at a residence in Woodland Hills, California. When officers arrived, they encountered Hayes in the front yard, a statement from LAPD said.

Officers asked Hayes to remain outside while they spoke with the victim, but Hayes allegedly resisted, according to the statement.

“Body Worn Video (BWV) captured Hayes repeatedly attempting to enter the residence, despite officers blocking his path and verbal commands for him to remain outside,” the statement said. “Officers requested a back-up and they attempted to place Hayes’ hands behind his back; however, Hayes broke free of the officers’ grasp and pushed one of the officers into a wall.”

Officers took Hayes to the ground and twice used a Taser when he allegedly continued resisting officers, according to the statement. The struggle lasted about two-and-a-half minutes before officers were able to handcuff Hayes, the release said.

Following the altercation, Hayes was treated at a local hospital for injuries before being taken to Van Nuys Jail on a charge of resisting arrest, the LAPD statement said.

Mark Baute, a spokesman for BDA Sports Management that represents Hayes, said the agency had not asked for the investigation.

“Mr. Hayes is healthy and is working out with his team, and I have not asked for any officer to be investigated,” Baute said. “Mr. Hayes is focused on his commitment to the Pelicans to be the best professional basketball player he can be.”

The department launched the investigation after the incident was reviewed by an LAPD supervisor who requested a review of force applied to Hayes’ neck during the arrest.

LAPD officer Rosario Cervantes told CNN they are not releasing the police officers’ body camera footage to the public at this time.

It is unclear if this incident will affect Hayes’ eligibility for the start of the next season. Hayes was selected in the first round of the 2019 NBA draft as the number eight overall pick. He has spent his first two seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans.

The Pelicans organization did not return CNN’s request for comment.

If the LAPD killed our center's career I'm gonna fucking lose it

Edited by Zonahorn

On 8/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, shadow_operative said:

i'll be the one to say it: nobody grows up dreaming of the winning the big xii basketball tournament, and the fact that they now give rings for winning a three game event vs your own conference is dumb. 

You would be on cloud 9 if you earned one. Why do you feel the need to crap on the achievements of others.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, realgreggym said:

You would be on cloud 9 if you earned one. Why do you feel the need to crap on the achievements of others.

not that i would expect someone in your mental state to understand the difference, but i'm not "crapping on" the achievement of winning the league tourney title, i'm crapping on the idea that they give out championship rings for a three-game tournament that's so unimportant that in years past our own fan base has hoped that we lose our opening game so that we can rest up for the actual tourney. you go the Final Four and you get a piece of net; you win the 2021 league tourney and you get a championship ring. that don't add up. 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

not that i would expect someone in your mental state to understand the difference, but i'm not "crapping on" the achievement of winning the league tourney title, i'm crapping on the idea that they give out championship rings for a three-game tournament that's so unimportant that in years past our own fan base has hoped that we lose our opening game so that we can rest up for the actual tourney. you go the Final Four and you get a piece of net; you win the 2021 league tourney and you get a championship ring. that don't add up. 

my mental state is far beyond yours you village idiot. Its irrelevant what you think. He is excited about his achievement and if the school wants to give him a ring for win the tournament, that's their business. Who gives a damn about what "fans" think. Maybe if you had ever accomplished anything in your life, you would understand.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, realgreggym said:

my mental state is far beyond yours you village idiot. Its irrelevant what you think. He is excited about his achievement and if the school wants to give him a ring for win the tournament, that's their business. Who gives a damn about what "fans" think. Maybe if you had ever accomplished anything in your life, you would understand.

why do this