The official update thread for former Longhorns

Goo Punch

Allen’s game has grown a ton this year. The athleticism and shot blocking were there, but just how comfortable he looked in the screen-and-roll and shooting that step back three; I can’t imagine what the first couple of years of full-time professional training are going to do for him.

Was just talking to my buddy about Turner and Allen. He had no idea they went to Texas. I wondered why? Still good to see those guys develop. They both have a ton of upside.  Oh, and Bort - The Rockets had enough guards ahead of Isiah. They believed that spot better spent on a bigger position. Not that I wouldn't want him on our bench but I'm sure that was the thought process.

Guest J'Covan update

J'Covan is playing this season in the Israeli league for Gilbao as their starting PG and is 2nd in the league in assists per game at 5.6. 

On 4/10/2018 at 12:46 PM, Richter said:

Tristan Thompson is now stepping out on his Kardashian, who is pregnant...  This is surprising because I usually associate the Kardashian name with romantic stability.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5600055/Tristan-Thompson-caught-video-locking-lips-mystery-woman.html

I think this is the second time he is done this too while his girl is pregnant. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Man that's awesome. I had no idea that he was coaching on that level.  

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Even if it's the Knicks, NBA assistant > CBB assistant. Can't blame Royal for making that choice if we were truly pursuing him.

Great news to hear.

I think Tevin Mack is going to have a big year at Alabama. All-SEC type of season. I could see him going for 17.5, 5, and 2.5 shooting 45/40/80. If we never lose Tevin Mack then we are in much better shape the last two years and going forward. That loss is only going to sting more as time goes on.

20 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

If we never lose Tevin Mack then we are in much better shape the last two years and going forward. That loss is only going to sting more as time goes on.

You're so fucking stupid. The loss of Mack isn't stinging at all. First of all, he was dismissed for a reason and that alone is enough to say we probably have better chemistry without him. But even besides that, his talent level isn't something to cry about losing. Sure he has some potential, but nothing special among the top levels of NCAA guys.

• Fuck You 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2018 at 7:18 PM, Goo Punch said:
Barnett signs with the Bucks. Good luck to him. Crazy to think that at one time we had both Mack and Barnett at SF, only to have it end up being our team's biggest weakness.

Barnes never gave any playing time to Barnett when he was here, which was entirely under Barnes's tenure. Why Barnes never gave him playing time and he transferred out of Barnes's program, I guess we'll never know.

• Fuck You 1

As usual, you are clueless. Barnett played for Shaka who had no interest in him, and he transferred out with three years remaining. Went on to average 14 and 6 while shooting .414 from deep and .890 at the line for Missouri, both areas where we've struggled under Shaka. 

Please stop posting.

7 hours ago, Cameltoe said:

Barnes never gave any playing time to Barnett when he was here, which was entirely under Barnes's tenure. Why Barnes never gave him playing time and he transferred out of Barnes's program, I guess we'll never know.

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

As usual, you are clueless. Barnett played for Shaka who had no interest in him, and he transferred out with three years remaining. Went on to average 14 and 6 while shooting .414 from deep and .890 at the line for Missouri, both areas where we've struggled under Shaka. 

Please stop posting.

Lulz. Two strong takes

I always find it hilarious when people think that a player who transferred and had success would have done just as well had he stayed.  In this case Barnett would have been in a completely different situation last year at Texas.  Different coaches, different structure, different amount of pressure, different oppenents, different teammates, etc.  That's not to say he wouldn't have been successful here, just that simply because he shot .414 at Missouri last season doesn't mean he would have shot that at Texas.

23 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I always find it hilarious when people think that a player who transferred and had success would have done just as well had he stayed.  In this case Barnett would have been in a completely different situation last year at Texas.  Different coaches, different structure, different amount of pressure, different oppenents, different teammates, etc.  That's not to say he wouldn't have been successful here, just that simply because he shot .414 at Missouri last season doesn't mean he would have shot that at Texas.

??? we've desperately needed everything that he is (tall, athletic wing who can shoot from the line and outside) the last two years. unless staying at Tecas would have stunted his growth for some unknown reason we absolutely could have used him. same goes for Mack.

14 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:
1 hour ago, txhorns said:
Barnett played a season under both Barnes and Shaka.  Neither played him very much but Barnes did play him a lot more than Shaka.

Didn't Barnett transfer at the end of the fall semester? If so, he played for a month under Shaka.

I don't remember tbh, I just looked up his stats and he only appeared in 4 games that year for Texas.  6 minutes a game I think.  Was 8.5 mpg in 21 games the year before.

10 hours ago, txhorns said:

I don't remember tbh, I just looked up his stats and he only appeared in 4 games that year for Texas.  6 minutes a game I think.  Was 8.5 mpg in 21 games the year before.

Barnett's last year at UT was 2015-2016 and his first year at Mizzou was 2016-2017. He clearly left UT once he finished finals during the fall 2015 semester or got some sort of waiver to  avoid sitting out a transfer year (which I doubt). Plus he only played 23 games his first season at Mizzou which either means he was injured or he started playing after the last set of finals in fall 2016.  Like I said before he played about a month under Shaka.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...