The official update thread for former Longhorns

Goo Punch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

one of my all time favorites. should have been a starter for a final four team. the 2009-2010 debacle will haunt me forever. Doj + J’Covan was an unbelievable back court combo who played perfectly to each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Doj’s passing, defense, and crazy athleticism will always stay with me, but what i can’t get out of my head is Doj absolutely draining the most perfect three pointer you’ve ever seen to beat the buzzer vs Minnesota in the tourney. guy didn’t hit a jump shot his entire career and then suddenly he looks like his boy AJ as he beats the buzzer. love that guy. lifetime Longhorn for real. 🤘🏼 

• Hook 'Em 1

there was an espn player poll from around 2009 that asked 200-something nba players, “who is the fastest player with the ball in the nba?” TJ won in a landslide, getting 25% of the vote. Barbosa was next with like 11% of the vote, then Iverson with 9%, and a whole bunch of other people like speedy clayton with small percentages. and watching that video you can see it. it’s not even about TJ in a full court sprint, it’s his ability to start-stop-start faster than anyone i’ve ever seen. his first step is so fast, and his ability to hesitate and pull up allows him to create his own wide open shots over and over and over. he’s not flashy like white chocolate or AI, he’s just an insane fast twitch athlete and basketball player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...