The official update thread for former Longhorns

Goo Punch

Lamarcus Aldridge is just about to go over 20,000 points for his career.  KD already has about 24,000.  There are only 49 players in history that have more than 20,000 points and I thought "is it possible that UT is the only school with two players over 20,000?"  Then I remembered that U of H had Elvin Hayes and Hakeem Olajuwon and quit thinking about it.

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Mo Bamba looking like this'll be his breakout year. 

DB0C3FA4-D13C-4C00-AED3-5AF55E8A40B8.jpeg

those 1.8 made threes per game are coming on .407 from deep. Vucevic leaving town has really opened the door for Mo to shine and he's taking advantage of the opportunity.

Edited by shadow_operative

On 10/25/2021 at 6:02 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Lamarcus Aldridge is just about to go over 20,000 points for his career.  KD already has about 24,000.  There are only 49 players in history that have more than 20,000 points and I thought "is it possible that UT is the only school with two players over 20,000?"  Then I remembered that U of H had Elvin Hayes and Hakeem Olajuwon and quit thinking about it.

Went ahead and did this because it didn't take long and I enjoy exercises like this. UH actually has 3. The list of schools with 2 is predictably not that deep. Here they are:

3 players:

UCLA - Kareem, Reggie, Westbrook

UH - Hayes, Dream, Drexler

UNC - MJ, Vince, Antawn Jamison

2 players:

Kansas - Wilt, Paul Pierce

LSU - Shaq, Pettit

Wake Forest - Duncan, CP

Georgetown - Ewing, AI

Texas - KD, LMA

Also - the out of high school contingent leads all the colleges with 4 guys: LeBron, Kobe, Moses and KG. Also Dwight may hit 20k - he's about 800 away. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Went ahead and did this because it didn't take long and I enjoy exercises like this. UH actually has 3. The list of schools with 2 is predictably not that deep. Here they are:

3 players:

UCLA - Kareem, Reggie, Westbrook

UH - Hayes, Dream, Drexler

UNC - MJ, Vince, Antawn Jamison

2 players:

Kansas - Wilt, Paul Pierce

LSU - Shaq, Pettit

Wake Forest - Duncan, CP

Georgetown - Ewing, AI

Texas - KD, LMA

Also - the out of high school contingent leads all the colleges with 4 guys: LeBron, Kobe, Moses and KG. Also Dwight may hit 20k - he's about 800 away. 

Texas may have been one of the first schools to have 2 starters on the same team play in the same Olympics.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/29/2021 at 7:38 PM, shadow_operative said:

Mo Bamba looking like this'll be his breakout year. 

Nice to see him actually getting chance to play meaningful minutes.

On the other hand it seems/looks like Jaxson Hayes, after a decent rookie campaign, is losing minutes and numbers are going backwards from last year.

46 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Lance. links is a piece of shit? what's the story there?

Ive heard Amin talk about his experiences with Lance (without ever mentioning his name) on multiple podcast and the general gist is Lance was a lazy, middle management type whose only goal upon getting the GM gig was maintaining the GM gig. . He starts talking about it on the RInger NBA show with Raja Bell at 17:40 of this podcast. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Forgot the podcast 

https://podcasts.apple.com/be/podcast/amin-elhassan-on-his-phoenix-suns-days-shaq-locker/id1109271715?i=1000507751314

Quote from the podcast purportedly said verbatim by Lance Blanks:

"I'm the general manager. That means I manage things generally" 

Amin is a great storyteller and he basically describes Lance as the gm version of Michael Scott from the Office. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Ive heard Amin talk about his experiences with Lance (without ever mentioning his name) on multiple podcast and the general gist is Lance was a lazy, middle management type whose only goal upon getting the GM gig was maintaining the GM gig. . He starts talking about it on the RInger NBA show with Raja Bell at 17:40 of this podcast. 

Amin is just salty that he didn't have enough lenf and strenf to cut it in an NBA FO.

• Haha 1

Unless you're a top-2 level executive you don't make shit in an NBA front office. At least that was the case for the basketball side of the front office up until the mid 00s. I believe Amin made it up to VP of basketball Ops or somewhere below that tier. He tells a story about being elated to get a raise that brought him up to 50K.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not the best bump for Jaxson:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33141181/new-orleans-pelicans-jaxson-hayes-charged-domestic-violence-battery-police-officer-connection-july-arrest

I'm sure many (most?) of the charges will be dropped or pled down, but seems like our Sideshow Jax definitely has some issues to work through.

If anyone wants to be in a longhorn networking community with former horns, we’d love to have you! It was started by Royal Ivey and Cory Joseph! 

https://discord.gg/K23by6Gy

Here is a list of former athletes and Coaches that are in our community so far: James Thomas, Matt Hill, Damion James, Mo Isom, Rob Lazare, Andrew Dick, Joe Schwartz, Oggie, Prince Ibeh, Myck Kabongo, Ioannis Papapetrou, Clint Chapman, Lex Wangmene, Kendal Yancy, Demarcus Holland, QB/WR Jerrod Heard, Jaylen Bond, Cam Ridley, Javan Felix, Kris Clack, Ivan Wagner, Ira Clark, and more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...