Search doesn't work very well here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there a thread that outlines the "rules?" I did not have much luck with a search, but I am looking for something that explains what this 'rep' thing is, what the little green number is, and why some of the time when I sign in and go to post, certain areas don't show that I am signed in when I click on them. Not a troll, just lurked for a number of years on the old site and then when I returned to it, it was...well... odd. Eventually found you all again and decided to no longer lurk but am a little clueless on how things work.

• Like 2

well you just passed 100 posts recently so now you are a "full member" and can see everything once you get 20 rep you can go into cloak room, had to have a rep threshold because trolls were just going in there after signing up immediately. There's no "rules" per say, just some caveats to posting places. 

Rep is just vanity for the most part except for the cloakroom threshold and the -100 getting you banned threshold.

Thank you for responding! I enjoy the site, there are some very good discussions, plus some real comedians that raise my spirits. That was why I originally started lurking on the old site. There was a poster there, Mclennan? McAllen? that was going through treatment around the time I was and since I was immune-compromised and stuck at home,  it was so very encouraging to read and follow her posts and also the posts of others.