Star Wars - Jedi: Fallen Order

hornfan785

New game from Respawn.

Cal Kestis—one of the last surviving members of the Jedi Order after the purge of Order 66—is now a Padawan on the run. Experience this all-new single-player Star Wars™ story from Respawn Entertainment and EA Star Wars on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC this holiday season, 15 November 2019.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is an action-adventure game set after Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith™. Develop your Force abilities, hone your lightsaber techniques, and explore the ancient mysteries of a long-lost civilization—all while staying one step ahead of the Empire and its deadly Inquisitors.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna need to see more as we get closer to release because those videos didn't get me excited at all about the gameplay or controls. Environment wise, it seems like a very closed corridor and linear level design with little opportunity for problem solving and discovery, or the inclusion of multiple success paths. Maybe you guys saw more there.

Also, I pretty much hate any character who reminds me of the shitty Joker character in Gotham...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

I'm gonna need to see more as we get closer to release because those videos didn't get me excited at all about the gameplay or controls. Environment wise, it seems like a very closed corridor and linear level design with little opportunity for problem solving and discovery, or the inclusion of multiple success paths. Maybe you guys saw more there.

Also, I pretty much hate any character who reminds me of the shitty Joker character in Gotham...

• 2 weeks later...

At first blush, that gameplay doesn’t excite me. Compared to RDR2, the Division 2, and other deep and open world maps, this comes across as uninteresting. Remove the Star Wars element and examine the underlying gameplay, mechanics, environment, combat, etc., and what I’ve seen seems totally unremarkable this far.

I hope I’m ultimately proven wrong but at this point, I’m skeptical. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a pretty good review and gives some good insight. I'm about 75% through the game, I think, and I've loved it so far. I've never played Dark Souls or Bloodborne or any of those games, and I've been enjoying the game playing on Jedi Master. My only complaint is that jumping to/from ropes or vines, especially after sliding down a hill, is very inconsistent.

One tip in his video is to play on Performance Mode, however I would just keep it at default. It's not gonna run 60fps on any console, and the fps will fluctuate a lot. If you're on a One X or PS4 Pro, it'll stay at a pretty stable 30fps the entire time on default. I'd rather have stable 30 than unstable 40-55.

Edited by hornfan785

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

most definitely. I honestly can't think of any bad language in it, there might be a "damn" in there every once in a while, but not sure. The violence is just Star Wars violence, no blood or anything gruesome. I've already completed it 100% and really enjoyed it.

Good.  Thanks for the review. 

• 6 months later...

Finally picked up this game on sale a while back. Wasn't big on my list but saw enough positive reviews that I figured it was worth grabbing for $25. Took me a little while to get into it, but once I got the hang of things, I really enjoyed it and played a ton this past weekend.

These were my only real gripes:

1. Performance issues: Some noticeable skips/freezes and slow rendering on my regular ol' PS4. Frustratingly long respawn times after dying and major overuse of the "squeeze through a narrow crack" gimmick to eliminate loading screens between areas. 

2. All of the gear you collect from crates throughout the game serves cosmetic purposes only. Would have been a lot more enjoyable if switching out outfits and lightsaber parts actually tweaked your damage output, defense, force generation....etc.