Game of Thrones Season 8 (Bookfags unite)

Michael Knight

Because those other people are still stupid. 

Now Jon knows,  will he tell anyone else or will someone tell for him?  You gotta think he and Dany wind up on the throne together still.

The dragon no longer has three heads,  so are the Tyrion theories all wrong?

Does the prophecy even matter in the show?

55 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Maybe Jon is the dragon, and the 3 heads are Sansa, Arya and Denaerys. 

The real lesson of the show will be revealed: the most important thing is, indeed, not breakfast, but family.

Edited by austingirl
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, naija said:

If GRRM were still in charge, I'd say slim chance both Jon and Daenerys make it alive.

Isn't he technically in charge of who lives at the end? He told them who wins and the basics of what happens, they just have to fill in for his lazy ass to reach that conclusion.

Anyone else curious about the symbolism of the shrimp platter that Umber kid was in middle of and the connection, if any, to the sigil of the sun on the banner? Or was that just a throwaway line about it being cooler than an onion. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it's gotta mean something since that pattern keeps showing up.

Me, either. 

Wiki on Maggy. Most of this stuff is known both in the books and the show. Just a matter of who (valonqar) kills her now. There’s tons of interweb theories dissecting and analyzing any and all mentions of valonqar.

Cersei: When will I wed the prince?
Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.
Cersei: I will be queen, though?
Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.[1]
—Maggy in the dream of Cersei Lannister
Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.[1]
—Maggy in the dream of Cersei Lannister

Anyone else curious about the symbolism of the shrimp platter that Umber kid was in middle of and the connection, if any, to the sigil of the sun on the banner? Or was that just a throwaway line about it being cooler than an onion. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it's gotta mean something since that pattern keeps showing up.

Think that was just a throwaway line to introduce bannermen.

Think spiral thing might just be the Night King saying “I’m a old school children of the forest / first men” and I’m going to rid the continent of living Andal blood

9 hours ago, Pods said:

The Dog just got a dragon glass axe, he's a legit contender in Clean Bowl now. 

Arya is going to get Dark Sister. 

Arya gave Gendry plans for a new dragon glass weapon.  Dark Sister seems like one of these things that probably would have been important in the books, but won't be a factor in the show.

50 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

Think spiral thing might just be the Night King saying “I’m a old school children of the forest / first men” and I’m going to rid the continent of living Andal blood

In the History of Westeros, the Night King was a lord commander of the Night Watch and a Stark. He found a woman with blue eyes and white skin north of the wall, fell in love with her, abandoned the Watch, and later became the Night King.

10 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

There is also the legend of Azor Ahai, he ended the first long night.  The weapon he used to win the war was created by plunging it into his wife’s heart...... If Dany and Jon get married.....

Or Jaime killing Cercei.

Or Tyrion killing Sansa since I think they're technically still married.

14 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

There is also the legend of Azor Ahai, he ended the first long night.  The weapon he used to win the war was created by plunging it into his wife’s heart...... If Dany and Jon get married.....

Azor Ahai is a legendary figure in the faith of R'hllor, the Lord of Light. Thousands of years ago, he forged the sword Lightbringer which he used to defeat the darkness of the Great Other. This came at a price, however, as in order to unleash the sword's true powers he had to plunge it into the heart of his loving wife, Nissa Nissa. A prophecy foretells that he will be reborn as The Prince That Was Promised.

"The Prince That Was Promised", sometimes called "The Prince WhoWas Promised"[1] or "The One Who Was Promised"[2] (also known as the Lord's Chosen, the Son of Fire and the Warrior of Light[3]) is a prophesied savior in the religion of the Lord of Light. According to the prophecy, this figure would be born "amidst salt and smoke"[4] and pull a sword named Lightbringer from flames, which they would use to combat an impending darkness.

10 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

In the History of Westeros, the Night King was a lord commander of the Night Watch and a Stark. He found a woman with blue eyes and white skin north of the wall, fell in love with her, abandoned the Watch, and later became the Night King.

I don't think this is correct.  The first guy did not go on to become the Night King.  They are two separate characters with incredibly similar and confusing names.  In the books, the first guy was the Nights King and the books never referred to the head White Walker as the Night King.  I think the show made that name up.   

2 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I don't think this is correct.  The first guy did not go on to become the Night King.  They are two separate characters with incredibly similar and confusing names.  In the books, the first guy was the Nights King and the books never referred to the head White Walker as the Night King.  I think the show made that name up.   

You're right. It's the "Night's King". The show stole that name for the white walker character.

After re-watching a few episodes leading up to S8, one thing really pissed me off that I missed the first time around.

Joffrey's sword gets called 2 different names and no mention or correction of it later.  At his party when he receives it, he names it Widow's Wail.  When he has Sansa kiss it at the Battle of Blackwater he calls it Hearteater.

Bad writing or did it have 2 names in the books?

1 minute ago, UncleCharlie said:

After re-watching a few episodes leading up to S8, one thing really pissed me off that I missed the first time around.

Joffrey's sword gets called 2 different names and no mention or correction of it later.  At his party when he receives it, he names it Widow's Wail.  When he has Sansa kiss it at the Battle of Blackwater he calls it Hearteater.

Different swords, Tywin gives Joffrey Widow's Wail at his wedding.

3 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

Two different swords I think.  Hearteater was his first sword after Arya threw his old one in the river.  He "used" that during season 1 at the Battle of Blackwater.   Widow's Wail didn't show up until season 2(?) when he got married and the War of the Five Kings was basically over.  

Also, Hearteater wasn't Valaryian steel and Widow's Wail is.  I think Jaime is carrying WW now.  

Edited by Go Pokes

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

it was posted in the other thread, thats the same symbol that Sam & Jon ran into at the Fist of the First Men.... where the symbol was made from the body parts of the dead  (was it dead ravens?- cant remember)

Haven't read the books in years and I know the show veers off somewhat. Has there been any direction on the motivation of the white walkers/night king on why they want to attack south of the wall? Other than being evil, pissed off, maybe sick of the cold themselves.

I binged on the last season over the weekend and Tyrion made a point of telling Dany that it's important to understand your enemy's point of view. What's the NK's point of view?

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Haven't read the books in years and I know the show veers off somewhat. Has there been any direction on the motivation of the white walkers/night king on why they want to attack south of the wall? Other than being evil, pissed off, maybe sick of the cold themselves.

I binged on the last season over the weekend and Tyrion made a point of telling Dany that it's important to understand your enemy's point of view. What's the NK's point of view?

No and I don't think we're getting one.  They are basically "Death" 

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The child of the forest revealed that the First Men were killing off the children. Near extinction, the Children of the Forest created the White Walkers to kill the First Men. They screwed up somewhere and the White Walkers began targeting all life, not just the First Men.