Game of Thrones Season 8 (Bookfags unite)

Michael Knight

Her body looked a lot like the body from her rocky beach nude photo shoot. It also looked CGI. Regardless, the combo of the childlike face and the hot bod was quite disturbing. 

“The dead are already here,” seems like foreshadowing. I’m thinking Jon goes Azor Ahai on dead Dany. 

2 minutes ago, Apep said:

Her body looked a lot like the body from her rocky beach nude photo shoot. It also looked CGI. Regardless, the combo of the childlike face and the hot bod was quite disturbing. 

“The dead are already here,” seems like foreshadowing. I’m thinking Jon goes Azor Ahai on dead Dany. 

Can the NK raise the dead from the crypts?

30 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Oh wow I didn’t notice Ghost.

I also missed him. As for the Arya scene, the butt and sideboobs was a double. The scenes where they show her from just above the boobs and the slight top cleavage shot from Gendry's perspective, those are her.So, we did see a visual representative naughty bits of what in book terms would probably be about a 16 year old but it was not the actual 22 year old actress.

Next week I’m waiting for which heroes get brought back from the dead by a WW and then have to be killed again.  Podrick having to kill zombie brienne.  Jon killing zombie dolorus edd.  Etc.

was it mentioned to dany that her dead dragon is back? I’m drawing a blank if that news came back from east watch. Does that change her strategy about putting her children in danger?

I also missed him. As for the Arya scene, the butt and sideboobs was a double. The scenes where they show her from just above the boobs and the slight top cleavage shot from Gendry's perspective, those are her.So, we did see a visual representative naughty bits of what in book terms would probably be about a 16 year old but it was not the actual 22 year old actress.

Sounds like it was her.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/21/game-of-thrones-maisie-williams-gendry/

I wonder. Two Targaryens now and a strong contention by the North to never bow again, and one of those Targaryens having a stronger bond with the North than he could ever have with the South. Two Kingdoms as the most amicable split? A rosy ending wouldn't seem to be the way of show/books, but I don't know who is driving the bus anymore

20 minutes ago, hornian said:

Good god Derka is a beating in that thread. 

when is he never a beating?

He's on some sort of spectrum, because he loses his fucking mind when he's challegened, every. single. time.

i'm wondering how the fuck a school district actually employs him

A setup episode but a rather enjoyable one. The morons in the other thread not getting the importance of the knighting scene is amusing. They're animals, let them have to deal with Derka. The show is obviously going towards Dany being the Mad King Redux. Next week looks to be exhausting. I rather enjoyed Pod's song as foreboding as it was. 

But the Mad King was actually Mad. Dany isn't. The analogy begins to fall apart on simple inspection. Not liking her claim to power being challenged is one thing, turning into a murderous tyrant is another. But they do appear to be painting her in a bad light

Having Florence sing the song was impressive

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

A setup episode but a rather enjoyable one. The morons in the other thread not getting the importance of the knighting scene is amusing. They're animals, let them have to deal with Derka. The show is obviously going towards Dany being the Mad King Redux. Next week looks to be exhausting. I rather enjoyed Pod's song as foreboding as it was. 

Definitely foreshadowing. A song about dancing with ghosts in a castle as we view significant characters in their final moments before the battle.

Edit: About Arya's nude scene, there was a slight hint of nip in it (NSFW):

Spoiler

Edited by bolverk

Saw a nice crass tweet from last night that Gendry drew first blood at the Battle of Winterfell. 

You know GRRM is bitter about last night because he really wanted to write the Arya's deflowering moment in the 7th book in 2030. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, naija said:

But the Mad King was actually Mad. Dany isn't. The analogy begins to fall apart on simple inspection. Not liking her claim to power being challenged is one thing, turning into a murderous tyrant is another. But they do appear to be painting her in a bad light

Having Florence sing the song was impressive

The Mad King wasn't always mad. There were hints and tendencies that eventually blossomed into "madness". Like a tendency to burn all her his enemies. 

Dany has shown signs and hints of madness, the destruction she caused in slavers bay, burning the tarleys alive, the whole "I am a dragon" thing she got from her brother, etc. I think they (book and show) are setting her up for this test with Jon (show) and fAegon (book) where she'll either be a worthy queen, or some mix of Aerys and Maekar. 

Emilia Clark has already talked about how Dany's ending traumatized her. Dany doing a heel turn could be the reason.

Edited by Viper

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

The Mad King wasn't always mad. There were hints and tendencies that eventually blossomed into "madness". Like a tendency to burn all her his enemies. 

Dany has shown signs and hints of madness, the destruction she caused in slavers bay, burning the tarleys alive, the whole "I am a dragon" thing she got from her brother, etc. I think they (book and show) are setting her up for this test with Jon (show) and fAegon (book) where she'll either be a worthy queen, or some mix of Aerys and Maekar. 

Emilia Clark has already talked about how Dany's ending traumatized her. Dany doing a heel turn could be the reason.

Do we know if the remaining episodes will take place in the short term, or will there be a jump in time? I can't see Dany going crazy over a period of 2 months.

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

true, probably not CRAZY crazy, but I could see her doing a heel turn in the last few eps. 

Don't disagree to some extent.  Her only allegiance to the Starks is via Jon. If he dies, the Starks are not any different to her than the other Houses that took the Iron Throne from her family. At that point, Sansa either fully capitulates or she is in rebellion.   Then the dragons are attacking Winterfell.

That’s definitely where I think they are going. After all she’s done and all she’s been through to then show up at Winterfell and find out that she’s not the rightful heir? And the betrayal she feels now from the guy she fell for?

You gonna tell me that’s not enough for a woman to go crazy?

BTW, I don't think Dany is wrong for questioning Jon's story that he's the rightful king of Westeros. I realize he didn't state it in that manner but it's what he said. Let's face it, to any neutral observer, Bran is nuts. "I'm not Bran Stark.  I know everything." While Sam has the knowledge and proof that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married, that doesn't fully connect the story without Bran.  Or Howland Reed. 

I doubt they have much time to introduce Reed again. It would seem that he should already be at Winterfell being a vassal of the Starks but the show seems to have ended any story about the Reeds.