Game of Thrones Season 8 (Bookfags unite)

Michael Knight

15 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

oh and he's going to get control of Drogon and become a pissed off dragon monster because he will never fuck and incels are history's greatest monsters

15 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

(I read all the books but only watched the last two episodes, so I'm sure I missed a ton)

no you didnt.  mole's town? ygritte?

27 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

no you didnt.  mole's town? ygritte?

Talking about Bran, my guy. The one who said he can find Drogon with his brain powers.

15 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Also seems to be unaware that there was a woman on the throne...

Who? Cersei? I only watched the last two episodes and Cersei wasn't on the throne, just standing around staring meaningfully into space. And at the end of Book 5 she's being carried into the Red Keep by zombiemountain and Tommen is king.

Also, it's a joke for god's sake I know we're all nerds but pretend to have a sense of humor

9 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Talking about Bran, my guy. The one who said he can find Drogon with his brain powers.

Who? Cersei? I only watched the last two episodes and Cersei wasn't on the throne, just standing around staring meaningfully into space. And at the end of Book 5 she's being carried into the Red Keep by zombiemountain and Tommen is king.

Also, it's a joke for god's sake I know we're all nerds but pretend to have a sense of humor

Sansa.  In the last episode, which you watched.  She ended the show as Queen in the North. 

13 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Sansa.  In the last episode, which you watched.  She ended the show as Queen in the North. 

She's the queen of Westeros? I think Bran might have something to say about that.

Last words of the series were literally "QUEEN IN THE NORTH!" with her looking smug and bratty.

"UH, B_T, WELL ACTUALLY!"

17 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

She's the queen of Westeros? I think Bran might have something to say about that.

Last words of the series were literally "QUEEN IN THE NORTH!" with her looking smug and bratty.

"UH, B_T, WELL ACTUALLY!"

Westeros has two monarchs; one is a king and one is a queen.   Nobody said anything about "Queen of Westeros" before you invented it in this post. 

Just now, bad_teammate said:

So Bran and Sansa are the King and Queen of Westeros? That's your argument? If so, what is Sansa's kingdom of the North "independent" from?

Great derail guys, just A+ effort. Really adding a lot of important information and fun commentary.

Westeros is a continent that now includes several nations with different rulers.   Really difficult concept

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So Bran and Sansa are the King and Queen of Westeros? That's your argument? If so, what is Sansa's kingdom of the North "independent" from?

Great derail guys, just A+ effort. Really adding a lot of important information and fun commentary.

You aren't making any sense.   I literally just said nobody other than you was talking about a queen of Westeros.   Bran is king of the six kingdoms, and Sansa is queen in the North, each of which is a Westerosi throne.  

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Westeros is a continent that now includes several nations with different rulers.   Really difficult concept

Plus, it has always included a vast unclaimed area in the north the size of Canada which has had no ruler.   

39 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Can you maybe just shut the fuck up if you insist on being this obtuse? You've already stated that you only watched two episodes of this show, so it stands to reason that the posters in this thread just might be more knowledgeable of this TV fictional universe than you. Cersei took the Iron Throne at the end of Season 6 after Tommen kills himself. Sansa is the Queen of the North which is now an independent kingdom from the Six Kingdoms of Westeros. As you know, none of this has happened in the book universe (yet).  

And FWIW, I am on your "team" in the CR, but your posts in this thread are completely nonsensical. 

Edited by Reynolds Woodcock
  • Like 1

I like how in the finale the lords think it's a good thing that Bran can't have kids when this obviously raises the specter of civil war whenever Bran eventually croaks.  However, when that happens maybe they will simply determine who has the best "story" or hold a raffle or something to determine who will be the next ruler of the six kingdoms.  

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I like how in the finale the lords think it's a good thing that Bran can't have kids when this obviously raises the specter of civil war whenever Bran eventually croaks.  However, when that happens maybe they will simply determine who has the best "story" or hold a raffle or something to determine who will be the next ruler of the six kingdoms.  

Nah Tyrion said the council will gather there and decide.

I do like the idea of a raffle. Everyone on the council writes a name on a ticket and they spin a big, elaborate hopper.

"GOD DAMNIT WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP PUTTING HOT PIE'S NAME IN HERE!?!?"

watched the behind the scenes thing last night.  super boring.  it emphasizes how much work went in to the cinematic production of the episodes.  reinforces the feeling d&d overlooked the actual story to produce something visually stunning. 

also was anyone confused as to why there was supposed to be snow at the kingsmoot? it took place 3 weeks after jon murdered dany, which took place at least a week after the NK died.  so a month after the NK died there's still trace amounts of snow on the ground when before we saw kings' landing there was NO snow?

19 minutes ago, Eternal Noob said:

NK didn't bring the winter. The NK was waiting on a deep, long-lasting winter to gather strength and march an army of rotting corpses south. It's gonna get cold no matter what.

But they made a point to show the sprig of grass growing north of the wall as Jon and the Wildlings marched north.  It seems they were indicating that winter was waning.  I thought winters lasted years, not a few months. 

26 minutes ago, Eternal Noob said:

NK didn't bring the winter. The NK was waiting on a deep, long-lasting winter to gather strength and march an army of rotting corpses south. It's gonna get cold no matter what.

What the finale presupposes is, what if it doesn't? 

• Like 1

That’s a confusing part of the show. There have been numerous long, irregular winters in Westeros without the White Walkers present. The White Walkers caused the Long Night, which was a generation long darkness/winter. There have been many winters without White Walkers, but White Walkers have only come in winter.

It was incredibly frustrating seeing snow in King’s Landing during season 7, but then most shots of KL in season 8 looked like summer. Then in the final episode it looked like it was snowing again? Then back to summer in the dragon pit.

If they intended it to seem like winter in KL for all of season 8, they failed miserably.

43 minutes ago, Eternal Noob said:

well, it's not established if the NK brings winter or just waits til winter to attack.  but i'm inclined to think by the weather phenomena we witness in the battle of winterfell that the NK had at least partial control of the weather.  

SIAP but no need to worry about the shitty ending of the TV show, because GRRM has promised he’ll finish book 6 by July 2020. I’m no betting man, but if I were, i’d put my life savings down that GRRM will not miss this arbitrary and meaningless self-imposed deadline. 

https://www.nme.com/news/george-r-r-martin-reveals-winds-of-winter-deadline-2491494

14 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

SIAP but no need to worry about the shitty ending of the TV show, because GRRM has promised he’ll finish book 6 by July 2020. I’m no betting man, but if I were, i’d put my life savings down that GRRM will not miss this arbitrary and meaningless self-imposed deadline. 

https://www.nme.com/news/george-r-r-martin-reveals-winds-of-winter-deadline-2491494

That wasn't a promise or a self-imposed deadline; it was a throwaway joke in a blog post.

19 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I think the "snow" was ash.

16 hours ago, elfenix said:

that was my take as well

it was snow.  on the behind the scenes special that aired sunday they spent like 5 minutes detailing how the "director of snow" (yes that was a real job and title) had to go to spain and set up the dragon pits so that it looked like there was snow.