Game of Thrones Season 8 (Bookfags unite)

Michael Knight

I was surprised that Bronn or Melisandre didn't show before the big fight. I suppose they can still make an appearance before the end of the battle to save someone or sacrifice herself, in the case of Melisandre.

the other thread are people complaining about lack of action in this episode. I thought this was one of the best episodes. Sure no one died but we know this was some final reunions or dialogue with some characters.  There were reunions that we didn't even really think about before like House of Mormont, or even the sword Ice, albeit as 2 swords,  being returned to Winterfell since Ned left for Kings Lands in Season 1. Episode 2 was necessary and did nothing but set up episode 3.

What regular characters are not in Winterfell at the moment?  Cersei, Mountain, qyburn, bronn, melisandre, asha, euron and Jaqen?   damn, this show has a ridiculous number of characters. no wonder they keep many book characters away.

4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

It's a shame that GoLL's predictions stopped coming true a few seasons ago. We could really use his sight-seeing prowess now. 

I will go out on limb and take the 100,000-1 bet that Robin Arryn rides in to save the day and become the greatest king Westeros ever had.

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was surprised that Bronn or Melisandre didn't show before the big fight. I suppose they can still make an appearance before the end of the battle to save someone or sacrifice herself, in the case of Melisandre.

the other thread are people complaining about lack of action in this episode. I thought this was one of the best episodes. Sure no one died but we know this was some final reunions or dialogue with some characters.  There were reunions that we didn't even really think about before like House of Mormont, or even the sword Ice, albeit as 2 swords,  being returned to Winterfell since Ned left for Kings Lands in Season 1. Episode 2 was necessary and did nothing but set up episode 3.

What regular characters are not in Winterfell at the moment?  Cersei, Mountain, qyburn, bronn, melisandre, asha, euron and Jaqen?   damn, this show has a ridiculous number of characters. no wonder they keep many book characters away.

Not sure where I saw it but someone rightly said there's anxiety given it's a final season. People are anxious for this seven season show to be wrapped up to their satisfaction in 6 episodes. So these anxious people want action, not character building. I chuckle at people going ape shit over Brienne's knighting scene. It completes her character arc and gives her the status she always wanted to achieve and it came from someone she has feelings for. She's also the one character that's always stayed true to her morals and honor. It's not some shoehorning in of feminist SJW stuff, it's giving the most honorable character in Westeros the highest honor she could achieve before she's slaughtered with all the rest of them next week. The last episode was finally reuniting all these early storylines for the final time before some of them are gone from the show. The next episode will be a perfect jumping off point for the writers to move out some of the many non-main characters. Now, the Arya sex...not sure that was necessary but whatever. 

• Like 3

It's a shame that GoLL's predictions stopped coming true a few seasons ago. We could really use his sight-seeing prowess now. 

Im sure his exhaustive knowledge of English history just ran out of similar scenarios and corollaries.

“It’s like when Egbert of Wessex was warring with Northumbria in the 9th century. The Northumbrian king lost a Griffin which was reanimated by the zombie king. Egbert promised men to fight the zombie king and the undead-griffin, but bitched out and fucked a Viking instead.

It’s all pretty telegraphed and right there in the history books if you read. Haven’t y’all read 10s of 1000s of pages of boring dark age history and maintain encyclopedic knowledge of it?” (But I’m too busy to read the highly entertaining source material for this show)

32 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Not sure where I saw it but someone rightly said there's anxiety given it's a final season. People are anxious for this seven season show to be wrapped up to their satisfaction in 6 episodes. So these anxious people want action, not character building. I chuckle at people going ape shit over Brienne's knighting scene. It completes her character arc and gives her the status she always wanted to achieve and it came from someone she has feelings for. She's also the one character that's always stayed true to her morals and honor. It's not some shoehorning in of feminist SJW stuff, it's giving the most honorable character in Westeros the highest honor she could achieve before she's slaughtered with all the rest of them next week. The last episode was finally reuniting all these early storylines for the final time before some of them are gone from the show. The next episode will be a perfect jumping off point for the writers to move out some of the many non-main characters. Now, the Arya sex...not sure that was necessary but whatever. 

I like that they're wrapping up certain storylines or relationships to some extent.  But everything won't be tied up with a pretty bow and all of the good guys live and the bad guys die.  not to mention that some relationship or stories will most likely go on past the series so we are left to guess how the story goes on.

I wouldn't be shocked of almost anyone dying but there are several characters I believe survive next Sunday no matter what: Arya, Tyrion, Hound, Sansa, and some combo of Jon/Dany.  I don't know if we will see the end of the NK next week. We all assume he loses, but perhaps he doesn't. It could be that some characters only escape not that they're victorious. 

21 minutes ago, Bookman said:

My prediction is that everyone fucking dies and then the Night King self-immolates.

everyone in the seven kingdoms?  and all of westeros is left silent and in ashes... I like it. 

well except for the ironborn, I guess.  then yara boats over from pike and sits that sweet ass on the throne. 

6 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

From the way it kept cutting to her face without showing anything else and seeing the video as she is dropping the pants, looked like an entirely different face. Then I saw the gif below your post and it does look more like her. Oh well, I also recall feeling weird about jacking it seeing Natalie Portman nekkid for the first time, after first seeing her in The Professional.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

It's ok. CTJ is there to tell them all how stupid they are by offering up his own dumbass opinions. 

I've legitimately never seen a post from you that wasn't comprised of your dumbass opinions. You've never been anything but a banal troll, but if you have anything substantive about where your view of what's next is somehow correct and my thoughts are wildly off base, let's hear about it, dipshit.

2 hours ago, Grippe said:

As long as you close the door on Derka and CTJ.

I read the books. You're no better or worse informed than me on this thread. The relevant shit from the books ended seasons ago. At this point, it's just silly gooberism attempting to create some sort of class split with the two threads. "Oh, wait, you guys read the books?! Well, then go ahead and condescend the other viewers since you clearly have better information regarding how it all ends." Such bullshit. The book thread on Shaggy was even more embarrassing. 

• Like 1

BTW, do not know if this is something discussed on here already, as some of you are wordy mofos. I discussed this with the people I have been watching with, I bet the NK is headed straight to Kings Landing and will not be at the first battle of Winterfell. He is likely headed down to turn the Golden Company into the Rotten Company. Likely Cersei and a few others escape and forced to head right towards their other enemies.

Part of this is based on Dany's vision of a ruined throne room in KL. Part based on why not?

49 minutes ago, bamachine said:

BTW, do not know if this is something discussed on here already, as some of you are wordy mofos. I discussed this with the people I have been watching with, I bet the NK is headed straight to Kings Landing and will not be at the first battle of Winterfell. He is likely headed down to turn the Golden Company into the Rotten Company. Likely Cersei and a few others escape and forced to head right towards their other enemies.

Part of this is based on Dany's vision of a ruined throne room in KL. Part based on why not?

I like that theory, and kinda hope it happens, but would the NK be able to ignore his Bran ice boner? 

I was wondering the same thing last night. I just can’t see the NK story line wrapping up in the next episode. There’s been a couple of hints that could be relevant: Danny’s vision of snow in the throne room, Bran’s vision of a single dragon over KL (could be Viserion?), Jaime mentioning his defeat at Whispering Wood, etc.

There’s going to be some serious teleporting over these next 4 episodes to get to King’s Landing involved.

Next week I’m waiting for which heroes get brought back from the dead by a WW and then have to be killed again.  Podrick having to kill zombie brienne.  Jon killing zombie dolorus edd.  Etc.
was it mentioned to dany that her dead dragon is back? I’m drawing a blank if that news came back from east watch. Does that change her strategy about putting her children in danger?

Arya having to kill zombie Ned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yeah, but beyond that...when CTJ singled me out for saying it was a good setup episode, saying that I was one of the stupid people posting I was like WTF?  I mean I didn't even say anything more than that.  No earth shattering predictions or anything.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Well yeah, but beyond that...when CTJ singled me out for saying it was a good setup episode, saying that I was one of the stupid people posting I was like WTF?  I mean I didn't even say anything more than that.  No earth shattering predictions or anything.

No, that was a bad copy on my part. I didn't have any issues with your post and apologize for lumping you in with the stupidity. 

Littlefinger gave Cat his bones in season 2. 
He gave her bones, but that's about it. Could be someone from Flea Bottom in that box as far as we know.

Would be interesting if Lyanna's tomb cracks open and there is evidence revealing Jon's parentage to the masses. Then everyone but the Dothraki and the Unsullied support Jon, which creates tension between Jon and Dany. Would definitely spur Sansa to be a vocal proponent of King Aegon.

Just doing a drive by post to say that the real bookfags stopped watching when the show caught up to the books and it became obvious that Benioff and Weiss were hacks with no idea what to do without the source material to go by.

Just doing a drive by post to say that the real bookfags stopped watching when the show caught up to the books and it became obvious that Benioff and Weiss were hacks with no idea what to do without the source material to go by.

You should start a 3rd thread for those folks.
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, WBT said:

That fat motherfucker is gonna make me read a book, isn’t he?  

My theory, that I have nothing to base on other than my raw assumptions, is that GRRM got pissy that his readers figured out his big reveal. Once the R+L=J became widely accepted, he either lost the desire to finish the story or decided to overhaul the story so it didn't match the show. The first three books had everything the fans needed to piece it together and A Storm of Swords came out 19 years ago. Then it took 5 years to crank out Feast, then another 6 for Dance. We are now on year 8 for Winds with no end in sight. I don't plan on reading Winds or Spring unless they venture far enough from the show for there to be a legit argument about what the better canon would be.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I'd rather see how B&W finish it out than be on my deathbed wishing GRRM had finally finished Winds of Winter. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was surprised that Bronn or Melisandre didn't show before the big fight. I suppose they can still make an appearance before the end of the battle to save someone or sacrifice herself, in the case of Melisandre

I don’t think the battle at Winterfell is the end of the dead.  Either the NK continues South after the battle, or it takes more than one episode to defeat him at Winterfell.  

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I've legitimately never seen a post from you that wasn't comprised of your dumbass opinions. You've never been anything but a banal troll, but if you have anything substantive about where your view of what's next is somehow correct and my thoughts are wildly off base, let's hear about it, dipshit.

I read the books. You're no better or worse informed than me on this thread. The relevant shit from the books ended seasons ago. At this point, it's just silly gooberism attempting to create some sort of class split with the two threads. "Oh, wait, you guys read the books?! Well, then go ahead and condescend the other viewers since you clearly have better information regarding how it all ends." Such bullshit. The book thread on Shaggy was even more embarrassing. 

you get whiny fucking bitches in the other thread when anyone mentions paper

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I don't think he will even finish Winds of Winter.  He's written multiple novels since Dance about prequel stuff and seems to have lost interest completely in this part of the story.

He's such an insecure POS, he probably has been sitting on the final two finished novels waiting to release them the day before the final episode so he can spoil the TV series.

Edited by CooterBrown