Game of Thrones Season 8 (Bookfags unite)

Michael Knight

34 minutes ago, Drew said:

Well that's only if you're under the impression that the show writers are trash.  Not as good as GRRM, of course...but the way people talk you'd think someone that wrote some Disney/Nick kids show was writing this.

Eh, my biggest complaint is when they do shit like making Tyrion the dumbest asshole in the seven kingdoms, when he's been the opposite the entire time. Tyrion trusting Cercie? Jlaw ok

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Eh, my biggest complaint is when they do shit like making Tyrion the dumbest asshole in the seven kingdoms, when he's been the opposite the entire time. Tyrion trusting Cercie? Jlaw ok

Yep, since coming back to Westeros, Dany only seems to accept Tyrion's bad advice while rejecting his good advice.  the exception being that he helped broker the peace between Dany and the North.

I think they've done a bad job of showing that Tyrion is completely out of his element.  Drop his ass off in King's Landing and let him run the kingdom.  We've seen him excel at that.  Have him trying to make strategic choices in a time of war AGIAST his family isn't exactly where he excels.  And if the show actually pointed that out, we'd probably be more okay with it.

But of course I completely understand the complaints about how they've made him look the last season or so.

actually I kind of have that in the back of my mind with all the crap Dany has been giving him the last two seasons, and he wants nothing more in the world than for his family to accept him.... Not sure how betraying Dany fits his character but the dude did kill his own father. 

31 minutes ago, seven said:

actually I kind of have that in the back of my mind with all the crap Dany has been giving him the last two seasons, and he wants nothing more in the world than for his family to accept him.... Not sure how betraying Dany fits his character but the dude did kill his own father. 

Oh fuck off with this bullshit. 

I am not saying he became a bad person when he killed her and his father. I just think he has been emotionally wrecked by those events, leading to doing some dumb shit. I think he really wants to help his Queen, he is just too fucked up now. I have a feeling that being around Jaime might recenter him, just before the end. The problem might be, if he has a great idea, it gets ignored now.

4 minutes ago, bamachine said:

I am not saying he became a bad person when he killed her and his father. I just think he has been emotionally wrecked by those events, leading to doing some dumb shit. I think he really wants to help his Queen, he is just too fucked up now. I have a feeling that being around Jaime might recenter him, just before the end. The problem might be, if he has a great idea, it gets ignored now.

where do whores go

1 hour ago, futureman said:

agiast?

Fat Fingers bruh...

1 hour ago, seven said:

Tyrion heel turn? 

1 hour ago, seven said:

There is a lot of online discussion about this possibility.  I think it's stupid to think, but you never know.

26 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

CTJ and Drew should start a club for people who bizarrely can’t tolerate anyone discussing movies or tv shows.  May I suggest the following agenda for your first meeting:

Session 1 - “Just stfu unless the laugh track prompts you otherwise”.

Session 2 - “What happens to Tony Soprano?  Nothing - the screen went black and he’s a fictional character!  Idiots!”

Session 3 - Donut break

Session 4 - “Why strangers on the internet must be shouted down for improper entertainment preferences.”

Session 5 - “[_____] is still better than 90% of what’s on television, so just lie back and enjoy it.”  Or the CTJ alternative phrasing, which would involve more colorful references to nerds and pussy rubbing.

Session 6 - “But seriously, Melisandre is going to save the day by making good undead zombies to fight the bad ones.”

Oh fuck off.  There's a HUGE difference in "discussing" a show/movie and just constantly bitching and complaining and trashing everything you can possibly think of about a show.  It's the age old "if the show is bothering you THAT much, why make yourself suffer and continue to watch it"?

Also Surly is famously harsh and over critical of the stupidest shit.

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

Fat Fingers bruh...

There is a lot of online discussion about this possibility.  I think it's stupid to think, but you never know.

Oh fuck off.  There's a HUGE difference in "discussing" a show/movie and just constantly bitching and complaining and trashing everything you can possibly think of about a show.  It's the age old "if the show is bothering you THAT much, why make yourself suffer and continue to watch it"?

Also Surly is famously harsh and over critical of the stupidest shit.

Same fools that bitched when nobody died in a Soprano's episode

• Like 1

I haven't read any theories about it, just a feeling I have been getting the last 8ish episodes and it's unclear if Dany's 3 betrayals have happened yet. The witch and hizdor (can never remember their spelling) seem to be 2 of them. 

Anyway, I don't particularly like theorycrafting, I'd much rather discuss what has happened than what will happen. 

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

CTJ and Drew should start a club for people who bizarrely can’t tolerate anyone discussing movies or tv shows.  May I suggest the following agenda for your first meeting:

Session 1 - “Just stfu unless the laugh track prompts you otherwise”.

Session 2 - “What happens to Tony Soprano?  Nothing - the screen went black and he’s a fictional character!  Idiots!”

Session 3 - Donut break

Session 4 - “Why strangers on the internet must be shouted down for improper entertainment preferences.”

Session 5 - “[_____] is still better than 90% of what’s on television, so just lie back and enjoy it.”  Or the CTJ alternative phrasing, which would involve more colorful references to nerds and pussy rubbing.

Session 6 - “But seriously, Melisandre is going to save the day by making good undead zombies to fight the bad ones.”

You have bad takes about this story. You deserve to be ridiculed. The rest of it, meh. I'm not exactly a frequent commentator on movies or tv shows here, and generally I'm pretty laid back about it. The repeated silliness regarding either DT or NK since the last episode is too much, nonetheless. 

You have bad takes about this story. You deserve to be ridiculed. The rest of it, meh. I'm not exactly a frequent commentator on movies or tv shows here, and generally I'm pretty laid back about it. The repeated silliness regarding either DT or NK since the last episode is too much, nonetheless. 

So as long as you agree with someone’s opinion or theory, you’re Mr Cool. But if you don’t like said opinion or theory, they should shut up and let the adults talk. It seems like you are being portrayed accurately then.

2 hours ago, seven said:

I haven't read any theories about it, just a feeling I have been getting the last 8ish episodes and it's unclear if Dany's 3 betrayals have happened yet. The witch and hizdor (can never remember their spelling) seem to be 2 of them. 

Anyway, I don't particularly like theorycrafting, I'd much rather discuss what has happened than what will happen. 

Wasn’t Jorah one of them? That would be three. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

So as long as you agree with someone’s opinion or theory, you’re Mr Cool. But if you don’t like said opinion or theory, they should shut up and let the adults talk. It seems like you are being portrayed accurately then.

he doesn’t give a fuck

Dredging up old point made years ago but really becoming relevant again - looking back at Dany's dreams in the Tower of the Undying from both the book and what the producers had to re-write you can form a lot of opinions:

The book: a metric fuck-ton of visions that turn out to be all accurate foretellings planted by the lazy fat fuck GRRM, a repeating writing style of his (see book 1)

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/House_of_the_Undying

The Show (S2 E10): note Dany never touches the throne in the destroyed hall - she's pulled away by the calls of distress from her children

My thought is D&D had to distill down GRRM's content and extract what is key to the series as presented on screen - that Dany gets told what will actually happen.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, seven said:

the one for gold is clearly going to be darrio, they just decided to skip it is my guess

12 minutes ago, Grippe said:

Stupid Westeros.org.  I'm now wondering if dragonglass, dragonfire and valyrian steel all fail to kill the NK but only Dawn (wielded by the Sword of the Morning, housed at Starfall) is the only thing that can.

I wonder that too. The only thing is they’re running out of time to introduce something like that. At this point, the only way I could see it happening is they get massacred at Winterfell but Bran greensees that it’s the only way just in time to tell Jon and only a handful of characters escape on the Dragons to get the sword and regroup. 

To me, Bran not looking back in time to see how the NK was defeated last time is the biggest issue with this season’s writing, especially since it wouldn’t take much screen time for them to do it.

It would make the Bran as bait idea make so much more sense and just in general, it doesn’t make sense that Bran and jon’s sole focus would be anything other than trying to learn the NK’s weakness. 

19 minutes ago, futureman said:

what is dawn supposed to be?  magic ice or what.  

if it’s not steel or dragonglass. 

The Dayne family claims it was a fallen star, they built their castle on the location (Starfall) and forged Dawn from the metal.  It glows white (unlike valyrian steel which is dark and shadowy) and is wielded by the Sword of the Morning (which isn't a continuous line, only when a swordsman is deemed worthy enough by the family).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grippe said:

The Dayne family claims it was a fallen star, they built their castle on the location (Starfall) and forged Dawn from the metal.  It glows white (unlike valyrian steel which is dark and shadowy) and is wielded by the Sword of the Morning (which isn't a continuous line, only when a swordsman is deemed worthy enough by the family).

I read the link.  just haven’t heard of anything other than steel, valyrian steel, and dragonglass. 

I enjoyed this last episode, but when Sam was walking away from Jorah after giving him Heartsbane and then looked back and said "I hope we win" , that was laughably bad writing.

I disagree. He is not a smooth talking politician. He is a man, who thinks they will all die and he is scared for his family. Not exactly the timing for profound statements.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grippe said:

Ole Art was handing Ned his lunch outside the tower.   

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wonder that too. The only thing is they’re running out of time to introduce something like that. At this point, the only way I could see it happening is they get massacred at Winterfell but Bran greensees that it’s the only way just in time to tell Jon and only a handful of characters escape on the Dragons to get the sword and regroup. 

To me, Bran not looking back in time to see how the NK was defeated last time is the biggest issue with this season’s writing, especially since it wouldn’t take much screen time for them to do it.

It would make the Bran as bait idea make so much more sense and just in general, it doesn’t make sense that Bran and jon’s sole focus would be anything other than trying to learn the NK’s weakness. 

The NK wasn't defeated the first time around, just driven back north then the wall was built to keep them there and the Night's Watch was established to guard it. The prophecy is that Azor Ahai, who won the first battle and drove the Others north would return and either defeat them once and for all or fail and the world plunges into darkness. Dealer's choice, I guess.

Just now, Eastwood said:

The NK wasn't defeated the first time around, just driven back north then the wall was built to keep them there and the Night's Watch was established to guard it. The prophecy is that Azor Ahai, who won the first battle and drove the Others north would return and either defeat them once and for all or fail and the world plunges into darkness. Dealer's choice, I guess.

Can't the dude just hang out up north drinking beers and playing cards with his undead brethren? Get over your shit dude you need therapy.

13 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Sure. He was obviously gravely weakened as it took him like 8,000 years to come back. Regardless of defeated or drove back, you would think Bran would be trying to learn everything he can about the first battle with the NK.

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Sure. He was obviously gravely weakened as it took him like 8,000 years to come back. Regardless of defeated or drove back, you would think Bran would be trying to learn everything he can about the first battle with the NK.

doesn’t bran already know everything about everything 

23 minutes ago, futureman said:

doesn’t bran already know everything about everything 

No. He's not omniscient. He just has access to all of history, but he still has to go back and watch the event first.  He said in the last episode he doesn't know if dragon fire kills the NK. Seems like maybe he and Sam woudl want to do all the research they could on what works against the NK.