Game of Thrones Season 8 (Bookfags unite)

Michael Knight

On 4/23/2019 at 7:33 AM, UTGrad98 said:

My take on what would be the best way to end the series as far as the major characters go. 

Episode 3 - Jon’s and the night king’s dragon die fighting each other leaving Jon and the night king on foot. Jon retreats to bran and fights the night king. He wins the fight somehow but when he tries to kill the night king he can’t because there has been no ultimate sacrifice for lightbringer. 

Jon bran Sansa Arya Jamie Tyrion and dany make it out alive. 

Episode 4 - this is about their retreat and the realization that the only way the nk can die is by lightbringer. The episode ends with Jon stabbing dany through the heart to restore lightbringer. 

Episode 5 - battle for Westeros in Kings Landing. Both episode 3 and 5 are directed by the same guy who did most of the shows battle episodes. It makes sense episode 5 is another battle and probably in Kings Landing. Jon kills the night King who then kills him ala Excalibur’s ending where father and son embrace with their swords. Jaime kills Cersei . Hound and or Arya kill the mountain . 

episode 6 - epilogue. Bran goes north of the wall as the 3 eyed raven. Tyrion sets up a democracy with all nations under their own rule . Jaime is his hand. Sansa rebuilds winterfell. Arya abandons the faceless men. The last scene is Sam aka grrm sitting down in the citadel to chronicle the entire thing. 

I like these theories. Except I think Jon stabs Dany through the heart but it doesn't create lightbringer. Because Dany isn't his true love. Hot Pie is. So right before the big final battle all the characters are in the mess hall, solemnly eating perfectly baked bread, when Hot Pie comes out of the kitchen with a fresh batch of cinnamon buns and Jon sneaks up behind him and plunges Longclaw through his chest. Hot Pie gives a knowing nod of acceptance as Jon pulls the glowing sword out. Jon uses lightbringer to defeat the Night King and buries Hot Pie in the crypts of Winterfell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Sure. He was obviously gravely weakened as it took him like 8,000 years to come back. Regardless of defeated or drove back, you would think Bran would be trying to learn everything he can about the first battle with the NK.

Bran is  avoiding spoiling the prequel that is currently in development right now

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

No. He's not omniscient. He just has access to all of history, but he still has to go back and watch the event first.  He said in the last episode he doesn't know if dragon fire kills the NK. Seems like maybe he and Sam woudl want to do all the research they could on what works against the NK. 

Its implied in the books that bloodraven can see visions of the future.  Agree hes not omniscient in book or show though

3 minutes ago, El Pollo Loco said:

Its implied in the books that bloodraven can see visions of the future.  Agree hes not omniscient in book or show though

It was hinted at in the trailer for the next episode that Bran uses his access to all memory and history to go back and watch Hot Pie bake bread so he can discover his secret recipe. But the knowledge is too great and Bran comes back only able to say "brown the butter" just like Hodor could only say Hodor. 

• Like 5

I think there's going to be like a Top 7 vs. Top 7 duel for the fate of the world.

They spent an inordinate amount of time bringing all the best swordsman in the 7 Kingdoms to Winterfell (Brienne, Jorah, One-Handed Jamie/Bronn, Arya, Giantsbane, Hound) and equipped most of them with Valyrian Steel. Plus, haven't most of the bigger characters offered to fight or ended up defeating their greatest adversary in single combat?

Dany/Jon on a Dragon vs. NK on a Dragon (which means one of Dany or Jon is going to die in Episode 3 in my opinion). I think Lightbringer will have to play a part here so either Dany's or Jon's death won't be deemed useless. Or fuck. It's Jamie killing Cersei. 

Sansa is definitely ending up as the Hand of the King/Queen. Irony is too thick. She's the only person that's been around the three smartest people on the show - Baelish, Cersei, and her husband Tyrion. 

I think the crypt will actually end up saving them. The magic of winterfell will save them justtt when everything seems lost. And it's in Lyanna's tomb. Stoneheart/Ned (the two best parents in the 7 kingdoms) will have to make one last appearance. 

Easily, and I mean easily, GOT is the best show ever. And I think that's a combination of HBO knowing full well how to step back and grant their show makers full autonomy and GRRM putting together a so well inter-twined story that literally fucking slaps you in the face with irony when its revealed. Everything is a fucking goddamn plot point in this show. 

Those fucking wolves are going to come back. Maybe with Stoneheart?

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It was hinted at in the trailer for the next episode that Bran uses his access to all memory and history to go back and watch Hot Pie bake bread so he can discover his secret recipe. But the knowledge is too great and Bran comes back only able to say "brown the butter" just like Hodor could only say Hodor. 

Remarkably similar to 'bran the builder' Hmmm... 

• Like 2

I think there's going to be like a Top 7 vs. Top 7 duel for the fate of the world.

Best of 3 series.

It’ll be tied 1 to 1 in episode 5 when the Mountain fakes an undead cramp. Bran mediates a change to a diving competition from the Iron Island bridges where surprise entrance by Strong Belwas executes a flawless triple lindy. Ewoks dance.

1 hour ago, huge said:

Come on man...

What the fuck is your problem? It's not this thread's fault that you don't realize that Lady Stoneheart, The Sword of the Morning & Dawn, and the entire dead Stark dynasty are all about to be introduced and will play central figures in the storyline from here over the course of the final 5 hours. The rest of us are having a Sunday afternoon ASIAF larping party to discuss all of this further, but you can consider your invitation as fucking rescinded, ser. 

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What the fuck is your problem? It's not this thread's fault that you don't realize that Lady Stoneheart, The Sword of the Morning & Dawn, and the entire dead Stark dynasty are all about to be introduced and will play central figures in the storyline from here over the course of the final 5 hours. The rest of us are having a Sunday afternoon ASIAF larping party to discuss all of this further, but you can consider your invitation as fucking rescinded, ser. 

Calm down, Derka

• Like 2

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Oh no, a derka comparison from a humorless dipshit! The pain of being compared to someone with a sharp intellect by a mouthbreathing rube. It's tough to bear. 

You're right. Derka is wittier than you. You're more like Rocko with a thesaurus. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bamachine said:

I know, I know, some of you hate the theory of the NK skipping the battle for Winterfell. This video(I have watched many of this guy's vids, gives a lot of background info) outlines why some of us think it is possible.

Does he explain how the NK would know anything about Kings Landing or give a shit about Cersei Lannister?  If so, I'll watch.  It's not that I hate the theory.  It's just that it makes no sense to me without laying any groundwork for the NK having an interest in the political goings on in Westeros. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

Nobody is saying he is going there for political reasons, he is going there to add a million citizens to his army. He knows most of the armies are at Winterfell and would let his army take care of them. He also knows the other two dragons are there, so why chance his new pet against them. I fully believe he has some form of "greensight" or maybe "whitesight". There are also some that think he might be headed for the Citadel instead, to wipe out the maesters and their library, which would fit with what Bran claims he is after, just taking care of the written word before coming after Googlebran.