Game of Thrones Season 8 (Bookfags unite)

Michael Knight

6 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

One question I have is why was Bran warged or green-seeing all the way up until the Night King was in his lap? Nothing to see out there and everything of importance was in the walls of Winterfell by that point. Maybe the danger isn't over, yet.

I think there was some mention of the Night King being able to tell where he was due to Bran bearing his mark. So by warging, he drew him away from the dragon fight and into the weirwood

• Like 1

So Arya takes out a couple dozen zombies on the wall and then...sneaks around the library afraid to fight them? That didn’t make any sense.

Is Jon’s dragon dead?

I hated how dark it was. Add in a blizzard and half the time I couldn’t tell what was going on. And too many main characters were on the front line and survived. Not very GOTsy.

Grumble grumble. I was hoping for better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There were 2 dragons in a shot in the preview for next week and a close up of a greenish dragon, so pretty sure Jon's is still alive.  Darkness was to make it more ominous and to save money on special effects.  They couldn't have done a fight like that in daylight.

Edited by kevwun

the human drama has always exceeded the White Walkers stuff. at least in the show. I'm not surprised they dedicated a big episode to wrapping that up and leaving more than enough time left for the Thrones stuff. was never going to be resolved simultaneously.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

So Arya takes out a couple dozen zombies on the wall and then...sneaks around the library afraid to fight them? That didn’t make any sense.

Inside the episode afterward explained it well.  The knock on the head put her into survival mode, rather than assassin mode.

That was incredible.  Really hope Amazon/Netflix release episodes periodically like this so this isn't the last time in human history that everyone watches a big show at the same time like this.

This worked out kind of well for GRRM cuz people are going to have so many questions about the stuff the show doesn't address or ignores that people are going to want to read them... if he ever writes them.  Also I highly doubt Arya kills the NK in the book version.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

There were 2 dragons in a shot in the preview for next week and a close up of a greenish dragon, so pretty sure Jon's is still alive.  Darkness was to make it more ominous and to save money on special effects.  They couldn't have done a fight like that in daylight.

Darkness also gave it a feel as the viewer was as blind as many of those fighting.

5 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Is Jon’s dragon dead?

I think she lost her spear and that dagger is only good for one at a time. Also, she seriously underestimated them all along and finally dawned on her how real of a threat they were. She only got her courage back when Mel reminded her of what she has done and gave her the hint that she would kill the NK.

They showed two dragons in the next episode preview.

Dark lighting and fog make it cheaper for practical effects and CGI, especially on a massive scale like a battle like this. It lets you reuse extras, render less detail, take less time painting and texturing. That's my bet as to why it was like that.

so I'm watching the Inside the Episode clip, and it's quite clear that some of what the showrunners are thinking isn't exactly obvious from watching the show. would dampen some of the questions if it came through like they intended.

20 minutes ago, naija said:

yeah, the Unsullied had a far better performance..

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

1.0 on the Goo Punch scale.

"why did all  the main characters survive!?!?  So lame and dumb."

18 minutes ago, naija said:

yeah, the Unsullied had a far better performance..

they would whip the dothraki

18 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It was pretty stupid to send them in a direct charge at the walkers.

Should have gone for the hot gates defense. They knew they were vastly outnumbered, so they should have used the fire ditches and obstacles to funnel the dead into small spaces where their numbers would count for nothing. 

Also, the unsullied March pretty but have the the apparent value of your average storm trooper in a fight. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Drew said:

1.0 on the Goo Punch scale.

I honestly thought you were joking when you posted this.

But that socially inept loser actually complained heavily.    What in the holy fuck?     

I agree that too many important characters survived, but its not like every multi-season character was safe.

Beric, Red Woman, Jorah, Lady Mormont, Ed Tollett, Theon, Gilly, and several others I cant seem to remember right now, died. 

4 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Dammit, now I have to wait another 10 years to find out what the Others story line actually means?

I was guessing it was a metaphor for climate change or some other existential crisis that kills us all because we’re too petty and corrupted to confront despite all the warning signs.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I honestly thought you were joking when you posted this.
But that socially inept loser actually complained heavily.    What in the holy fuck?     

I agree that too many important characters survived, but its not like every multi-season character was safe.
Beric, Red Woman, Jorah, Lady Mormont, Ed Tollett, Theon, Gilly, and several others I cant seem to remember right now, died. 

When did Gilly die?

33 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so, uh what about Ghost?

He was in the frontal charge with Jorah.... and we never saw him again.   

They showed a brief flash of him coming back after the charge, along with the riderless horses. I like to think he went off to find Nymeria and her pack, for the next war, where they would be far more useful.