What We Do In The Shadows (Show)

dogbreath

21 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And I’ve had the theme song rolling around in my head all week.

emoji445.pngYou’re dead, you’re dead and out of this world emoji445.png

I went looking for the origin of this song a few weeks back and it was recorded in 1966 by Norma Tanega and can be found on Spotify.

the colin robinson background lines kill me, last night they flash him talking to a few others "there's some belief that an iphone is all you need" or something completely banal like that. just greatness.

• Like 1

One more thing - what was the deal with the final scene and the garden stakes?  Did he throw them and they all hit the pictures of the vampires in the house?  Like he has some kind of underlying Buffy skills he was unaware of?  

Yes, he tried to toss them aside to get rid of them and they hit every picture in the heart.  His destiny is to be Van Helsing.  It’s in his blood per the genealogy test. He can try to resist all he wants, but then he will just accidentally kill vampires in spite of his best efforts.

Love it. Just kill other vampires and not the main three. Start with Mr. 50s and the Hopping Chinese vampire

• 2 months later...

Was rolling around TV last night after getting in bed and saw What We Do in the Shadows coming up in a few mins on FXX. Boom, I thought, I'll catch a rerun and hit the sack at midnight before the first day of school. Turns out it's the movie, which I've been kind of looking around for and figured I was going to have to rent it thru Amazon or something. Of course I got sucked in and watched the whole damn thing. Thought it was hilarious. Could see quite a few of the same bits they also used in the TV show -- but it was great nonetheless. I think it's a testament to the TV show that I don't think I can pick a favorite group of vampires -- they're both great in their own ways.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 7:33 AM, Grippe said:

He was a revelation in IT crowd, then I was let down by Toast of London - but this new one is damn funny at times.

Toast of London just came across my radar this week. Have watched the first three episodes on Prime and I thought it was pretty funny.

Do you ever see a thread that you were following that hasn't had any activity in a while pop back up with new posts?  You're all excited thinking maybe a new season is coming or a new cast member has been added.  Then you open it and it's a bunch of nonsensical gibberish.   Yeah, that kind of sucks.  

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2020 at 10:40 AM, Go Pokes said:

Do you ever see a thread that you were following that hasn't had any activity in a while pop back up with new posts?  You're all excited thinking maybe a new season is coming or a new cast member has been added.  Then you open it and it's a bunch of nonsensical gibberish.   Yeah, that kind of sucks.  

Just saw a promo -- it's back April 15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I liked the first one better but a solid start for sure.

Agreed the first episode worked better than the second. I wish they had broken it up because of the very real possibility of us running out of new scripted episodes in the near future. 

Haley Joel Osmet has had a second act as a douchey millennial, and I just don’t get it. Good for him for still working, but I’m not sure why he keeps getting gigs.