What We Do In The Shadows (Show)

dogbreath

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

So where are they going with Nandor and G?  Because we are deep enough in the season, and there's been enough hints, something will go down.

Hopefully, it's an ongoing thing because I really don't want anything to happen to this relationship. It's too damn funny as it is.

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Hopefully, it's an ongoing thing because I really don't want anything to happen to this relationship. It's too damn funny as it is.

Agree, but it does seem like it has to come to a head, especially with the mosquito hunters guild in the picture now.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Agree, but it does seem like it has to come to a head, especially with the mosquito hunters guild in the picture now.

Yeah, I love the dynamics between them, but the guild was not introduced for a few one-offs, particularly since one of them is the roommate of the girl that Nadja turned into a vampire.

Would be funny if Nandor converted him, and he was still in the guild.

Mark Hamil is a huge fan of the movie and the show. He absolutely geeked out when they said they wanted him to play a vampire.

Hamil: “I always get nervous about shows I like, because I find something I really love and it gets canceled. So I tweeted about it several times, trying to get my followers to give it a try. Apparently that’s what put me on their radar, and the next thing I know they asked me to come on the show. I thought I’d be playing a meter reader, or a next door neighbor, or someone at the Department of Motor Vehicles. When I found out that they wanted to play what was called in the script The Vampire, I just flipped out, I couldn’t wait.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vulture.com/amp/2020/05/mark-hamill-what-we-do-in-the-shadows.html

I almost didn’t recognize Haley Joel Osment as Topher the zombie familiar. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Mark Hamil is a huge fan of the movie and the show. He absolutely geeked out when they said they wanted him to play a vampire.

Hamil: “I always get nervous about shows I like, because I find something I really love and it gets canceled. So I tweeted about it several times, trying to get my followers to give it a try. Apparently that’s what put me on their radar, and the next thing I know they asked me to come on the show. I thought I’d be playing a meter reader, or a next door neighbor, or someone at the Department of Motor Vehicles. When I found out that they wanted to play what was called in the script The Vampire, I just flipped out, I couldn’t wait.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vulture.com/amp/2020/05/mark-hamill-what-we-do-in-the-shadows.html

I almost didn’t recognize Haley Joel Osment as Topher the zombie familiar. 

He's swallowed a lot of aggression.

/csb my little brother used to manage his sister's teeny bop singing tour (she played Miley Cyrus's best friend on her TV show) before she went off to college a few years back.  Got to meet her on a swing through Dallas.  Sweet girl.

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

He's swallowed a lot of aggression.

/csb my little brother used to manage his sister's teeny bop singing tour (she played Miley Cyrus's best friend on her TV show) before she went off to college a few years back.  Got to meet her on a swing through Dallas.  Sweet girl.

Mark Hamill's sister did a teeny bop tour and was on Miley Cyrus' show?  Or your little brother's sister, which would then also be your sister?  Either way is very confusing.

The whole ensemble is incredibly talented. Since I loved the movie so much was hoping the show would be successful. It’s fucking brilliant. Turning it into a show was killer. Not one episode has disappointed. So happy it got picked up for season 3. 

The whole ensemble is incredibly talented. Since I loved the movie so much was hoping the show would be successful. It’s fucking brilliant. Turning it into a show was killer. Not one episode has disappointed. So happy it got picked up for season 3. 

I was skeptical about the show without Jermaine and Taika. In fact that’s probably why I waited until this year to start watching it.

I didn’t think it was possible but the show is actually better.

• Like 2

Since I'm just joining the thread, some of my random favorite things from the show so far:

• Lazlo and Nadja calling Guillermo "Gizmo"... fucking kills me every time.
  • Lazlo: BAT!
  • "We drank the blood of some people...those people had taken drugs....and now I'M A WIZARD."
  • The glitter portrait
  • Nandor being relentless
  • Everything about Jackie Daytona
  • Every single time Nandor cuts off Guillermo telling him he can't do or say something because he's not a vampire.
  • Every single time Nandor or Nadja looks at the camera and cringes.
  • Nadja's inability to pronounce Jeff (Jess... Jesh... Yesh...)
  • Collin Fucking Robinson
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Holy shit. I just discovered this show about a week ago, and binged through season 1 and am now caught up on season 2.  It's my favorite show on TV now.

"Jackie Daytona" fucking killed me.

It's really funny how so many seem to be finding this show and having that exact same reaction. I've recommended it to a couple of people and before I was even to check back to see if they'd started it, they've told me they binge-watched the entire series in a couple of days.

5 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Since I'm just joining the thread, some of my random favorite things from the show so far:

• Lazlo and Nadja calling Guillermo "Gizmo"... fucking kills me every time.
  • Lazlo: BAT!
  • "We drank the blood of some people...those people had taken drugs....and now I'M A WIZARD."
  • The glitter portrait
  • Nandor being relentless
  • Everything about Jackie Daytona
  • Every single time Nandor cuts off Guillermo telling him he can't do or say something because he's not a vampire.
  • Every single time Nandor or Nadja looks at the camera and cringes.
  • Nadja's inability to pronounce Jeff (Jess... Jesh... Yesh...)
  • Collin Fucking Robinson

All good but you're missing one of my favorite bits of Season 1 when Nandor went to get his US citizenship because of, "Johnson, Jordan, Bird, Barkley, Ewing -- the starting lineup for the 1992 US Men's Olympic Basketball Team. Dream Team, baby!"

• Like 2