Article: Jordan Whittington was the breakout player of spring

Hornius Emeritus

The five-star Cuero product dominated the Gobblers’ 4A Division 2 state title win over Pleasant Grove at AT&T Stadium, totaling 377 yards — including 334 on the ground, which broke NFL legend Eric Dickerson’s Texas state title game record — six touchdowns and 11 tackles, leading to him claiming the game’s offensive and defensive MVP awards.

I said this when it happened, but that is just straight up fucking crazy. 

Despite some freshman jitters he looked great in the spring game.  Of course he was being featured a ton given the weather.  Need to improve the blocking a bit but the rest looks great and welcome because of the transfers and lack of other options in the RB room.  Ingram and Whittington, Whittington and Ingram, can't wait.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Extreme Caliente take:  Whittington and Keontay will each go for 1,000+ yards from scrimmage this season for the Longhorns!!

Ludicrous Caliente Take with Extra Cheese:  Whittington and Keontay will each go for 1,000+ yards from scrimmage against OU!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lil pump said:

52767116_738704063196265_379395200502312

if he is on his brothers workout plan with yancy mixed in this is how he will look during his junior season

his brother as a freshman

Hide contents

quincey-whittington-084.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Whew at that Gyno in the frosh pic. Boy looks like he pops Dianabol every 4 hours.

6 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

A joke employing hyperbole, obviously.  Dickerson is an ass but his driving to Dallas in a maroon trans am has to be one of the great recruiting stories of all time.

It was a gold trans am provided by aggy that he drove to Dallas in order to commit to SMU.

My bad.  Gold or maroon, still hilarious to me thinking of aggy realizing there's not a damn thing they can do to get that car back.

I have threadshit with my ill timed comment so I'll try to get it back- Jordan looked damn good.  Exciting to see him spell Ingram and play some slot or wherever else they can line him up.

There should be a few opportunities to go HUNH with both Whittington and Ingram on the field. Having either or both being receiver or runner on any given snap would be a problem for opponents' DCs. Just a bit, just a little problem. And having CJ and Epps to throw to on the same playset. Could be... interesting. After the third play, they'd have to burn a TO to get things stopped, or have someone fall over and pretend to be hurt for a play or two.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot:  XII refs just throw a flag and give them a free stoppage. Or not.

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2020 at 2:29 PM, NOMAAA said:

sucks we are only going to get him for 2 years.

I’ll fucking take 1 year if we can get it from him.  He’s very injury prone.  He’s had injury problems going back to high school.  He has a similar body type to Kirk Johnson, where he’s jacked out of his mind, but a bit too lean to take constant hits.  I hope the transition to H will lesson those hits for him.  He’s an elite talent that can turn a 5 yard catch into a 50 yard touchdown, there were coaches that thought he was the most talented player on the team last fall camp.  

• 1 year later...