How Do You Prefer Your Bacon?

Vic Mackey

Which Bacon Do You Prefer?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bacon Do You Prefer?

On 4/20/2019 at 7:17 AM, slorch said:

You do realize most cured bacon has some sugar content, right?

Some, doubt it's enough to really caramelize, though.

Some people add brown sugar to their bacon to get their caramelization on. Was wondering that, and how it turned out.

On April 20, 2019 at 12:30 AM, Vic Mackey said:

FB-IMG-1555725480977.jpg

Is that the same two pieces of bacon photographed three different times at various stages of doneness?

There's so much wrong with this spectrum. There are bigger gaps between 2 & 3 and 4 & 5 than there are between 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 5 & 6. Looking at 1 & 2, those clearly aren't adjacent slices from the same slab of bacon.  The distribution of fat and muscle fiber is completely different. 

38 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’m guessing he is no longer among the living

he was a degenerate drunk but actually a phenomenal athlete. played point guard and qb and was fucking good.  he’s coaching his son’s football team in belton now.  and he’s still a drunk.  good dad though.  

2 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

I need to make a confession.  I tried baking the bacon in the oven. And I liked it, so I did it a second time.

I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to now try a pellet smoker. Slippery slope and all that. 

I almost always cook my bacon in the oven. It’s superior to any other method.

18 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

But it has more Maillard, amirite?

I’ll take 4 or 5 and be thankful to God for bacon. I’ll take 5 if I only get one choice in  this life because it more acceptable for all situations. 

5?  4 is fine, but 5 is just wrong.  

8 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Bacon is way overrated. I realize that fat makes meat taste good, but a bacon strip looks disgusting.  I don't want my shrimp, quail or Jack-in-the-Box wrapped in bacon. It stands alone, leave it alone.

Communist.

• Like 1

Bacon is way overrated. I realize that fat makes meat taste good, but a bacon strip looks disgusting.  I don't want my shrimp, quail or Jack-in-the-Box wrapped in bacon. It stands alone, leave it alone.

I’d venture that some pussy looks disgusting, but you’d still fuck it.

15 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

I need to make a confession.  I tried baking the bacon in the oven. And I liked it, so I did it a second time.

I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to now try a pellet smoker. Slippery slope and all that. 

Don't know about a pellet smoker, but do NOT cook bacon on a grill. Trust me on this.

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Nope. 1, 2, and 6 are just wrong. 3 is for boys. 5 is for men. 4 is for everyone. 

By the time it gets to 5 at least half the flavor is gone, and the texture is more like tree bark than meat.  You probably order your steak well done too, just like a woman.