Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

3 minutes ago, po elvis said:

ok i will be the one to do it.

Whataburger is a below average fast food burger.

What’s an average fast food burger then?

Here’s mine:

Blue bell sucks, but not as much as Ben and Jerry’s

Arby’s hyper processed sandwich meat is for the poors

In N Out is only tolerable if you go bunless and their fries are never a good option. 

Scotch drinkers only like it because it makes them feel affluent

Rudy’s breakfast tacos are overrated

Torchys is better than taco deli despite using the world’s shittiest tortillas

El Pollo regio is the best fast food chain on the planet

New York street pizza is way overrated. For that matter, anything a New Yorker says is the best is generally overrated (looking at you shake shack)

Maple and motor has the best burger in Dallas and there’s really not a clear #2 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, po elvis said:

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Ranch dressing sucks. Can't understand Texas's obsession with this Californian shit.

if it’s quality product and not that hidden valley shit, ranch dressing is delicious on salted, crispy fried okra.  and occasionally pizza.  and certain delicious sandwiches, but only if you dip the sandwich. (jason’s deli has tier 1 ranch)

if you put it on salad you’re sub-human. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Refried beans ruin everything they touch. Especially nachos

Seafood sucks

This is a terrible post, but I can kind of understand if one's access to seafood is lukefisk and walleye.

The refried beans comment is more inexplicable, but I supposed your refried beans are out of a Clover Valley or Green Giant can.  

This is a terrible post, but I can kind of understand if one's access to seafood is lukefisk and walleye.
The refried beans comment is more inexplicable, but I supposed your refried beans are out of a Clover Valley or Green Giant can.  
Your post is also terrible considering people fish up here just to eat the walleye.

Ive never tried lutefisk and I know I never would. I can stomach walleye and I like sushi and shrimp

It's the trout, salmon, bass fish I think that sucks
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I like mayo and ketchup mixed on fries.

This is the best way to eat fries. I don't think it's underrated or that people don't like it, I just think that it isn't a "popular" way to eat fries. 

So, great contribution.

10 hours ago, Parliament said:

I like All of Garden. Prices are good, and their salad is awesome. They add a particularly nice touch by chilling their salad bowls.

Chocolate and mint should not be mixed.

Pepsi > Coke

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Fish sucks...all of it.

Shellfish are ok

10 hours ago, po elvis said:

I realize that this is the "unpopular opinions" thread, so I will withhold judgement, but 3 out of the first 4 posts are just, just ...

Image result for wtf is wrong with you gif

10 hours ago, Loco said:

Chick Fil A is fat, salty, garbage for heifers

Image result for we cool gif

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

Avocado does not taste good.  There’s nothing especially bad about it either but it’s bland as fuck. People who rave about it and insist on slices of it on every fucking thing are just caving to the peer pressure of healthy eating. There is no way anyone actually loves it as much as they say they do.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, futureman said:

giphy.gif

if it’s quality product and not that hidden valley shit, ranch dressing is delicious on salted, crispy fried okra.  and occasionally pizza.  and certain delicious sandwiches, but only if you dip the sandwich. (jason’s deli has tier 1 ranch)

if you put it on salad you’re sub-human. 

Hidden Valley from the bottle, I’m assuming?  I agree if so.  From a packet...HVR is greatness.

• Like 2

Cici’s buffet is the best bang for your buck on the planet

Whataburger is and never will be, anything more than your standard, average burger

I still dont understand Mayo... on anything

Bonus: Frozen margaritas ARENT margaritas. They are watered down, shitty abominations made for 19 year old sorority girls. They are awful and are more embarrassing than drinking light beer even

I'll never wrap my head around how Texas "Men" can go on and on about their hunting prowess, their gun collection, how good they were at football in high school, etc., etc., etc.  And then eat mayonnaise.