Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

Chicken fried steak is best with both gravy and ketchup.

Sushi sucks.

Pulled pork is the worst BBQ meat.

Sausage > bacon.

Cuisine ranking:
Indian > Mexican > Asian > Italian > French.

Ketchup and gravy on CFS is unpopular? I've been doing that all my life. And I must have 1/2 cream gravy and 1/2 brown gravy on the CFS.

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

: Frozen margaritas ARENT margaritas. They are watered down, shitty abominations made for 19 year old sorority girls. They are awful and are more embarrassing than drinking light beer even

Someone has never been to Gloria's. Nothing watered down there. 

• Like 1

This is the first "unpopular opinions" thread that ever made me want to round up people for public executions.

Those posters that are blaspheming Whataburger and refried beans will be the first to lined up against the wall.

• Like 4

Yeah, I'm not a burger snob by any means---but for a burger that fast---Whataburger is dammed good.  

I'll throw out what I know will be unpopular---Chicken Fried Steak doesn't taste good and it's a moronic use of a steak. You take literally one of the best foods in the world and douse it in breading and fry it?  Why?  I get frying shitty food like cod or catfish because they taste like garbage on their own.  But steak?  Why?  I've seen grown men, who won't eat a steak that is cooked more than medium rare, eat a fried steak.  That makes zero sense.  

Edited by Lobo

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I'm not a burger snob by any means---but for a burger that fast---Whataburger is dammed good.  

I'll throw out what I know will be unpopular---Chicken Fried Steak doesn't taste good and it's a moronic use of a steak. You take literally one of the best foods in the world and douse it in breading and fry it?  Why?  I get frying shitty food like cod or catfish because they taste like garbage on their own.  But steak?  Why?  I've seen grown men who won't eat a steak that is cooked more than medium rare eat a friend steak.  That makes zero sense.  

Wow

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'll never wrap my head around how Texas "Men" can go on and on about their hunting prowess, their gun collection, how good they were at football in high school, etc., etc., etc.  And then eat mayonnaise.  

because it’s delicious!  the only thing at whataburger better than a #2 with mayo is a #2 with extra mayo. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

Chicago deep dish pizza is meh. Not really pizza IMO if you have to eat it with a knife and fork.

Never needed a fork for giordanos.  Somehow, the crisp bottom crust just holds all of that cheese and sauce in all their glory.  Same goes for Detroit style.

never heard of this, sounds disgusting

You still might find it disgusting, but to be clear, they are not mixed. I really like both cream and brown gravy so I get half of the CFS topped with cream gravy and the other half topped with brown gravy. Sort of like Christmas enchiladas in New Mexico.

11 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Never needed a fork for giordanos.  Somehow, the crisp bottom crust just holds all of that cheese and sauce in all their glory.  Same goes for Detroit style.

Interesting. I’ve had Lou Malnati’s quite a few times and it’s usually underwhelming. Might have to try Giordanos.

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'll never wrap my head around how Texas "Men" can go on and on about their hunting prowess, their gun collection, how good they were at football in high school, etc., etc., etc.  And then eat mayonnaise.  

Because, unlike you, we are secure in our masculinity and adore a blob of Duke's deliciousness on our cheeseburgers, fried egg skangvitches and what not.  Mayo is heaven sent.  

Sriracha, however, is an abomination.  

• Like 2

I was always in the team mustard camp and considered mayonnaise/miracle whip the devils slop. Then had home made mayonnaise{red wine  vinegar type) and it was a game changer. 4-5 ingredients and maybe 15 minutes of your time and say adios to the store bought crap. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Sushi sucks.

Pulled pork is the worst BBQ meat.

Sausage > bacon

It's not complete agreement, but you and I appear to be on the same page a statistically significant amount of time.

The popularity of non-sausage pork products is a mystery to me. Bacon is okay (even great as a garnish or wrap) but as a stand-alone, sausage is better.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It's not complete agreement, but you and I appear to be on the same page a statistically significant amount of time.

The popularity of non-sausage pork products is a mystery to me. Bacon is okay (even great as a garnish or wrap) but as a stand-alone, sausage is better.

I’m team sausage (no homo)

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

You Pepsi drinkers are a bunch of yankee MFers up in here.

My unpopular food opinion is that all things cucumber suck.  Raw cucumbers.  Pickled cucumbers.  Pickled cucumber relish.  Gross, gross, gross.

Tzatziki ???

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BayouBill said:

I would put A1 sauce on the greatest steak ever cooked in the all of human history. 

A1 is also fantastic on chicken fried steak and baked potatoes.

Pepsi all day over coke

Gotdam here's another winner that is really pissing me off

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Loco said:

Tzatziki ???

Yup, has cucumber in it, so... also gross.

Just a little Greek yogurt with some oilive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and dill works wonders in its place, tastes so much better without any disgusting cucumber flavor.

Edited by utee94

20 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I like crawfish with seasoning  applied after the boil. That's a pretty hot take with Louisiana people. 

Perfect post for this thread.  Of course, the blasphemer will die in hellfire, but them's the breaks.

17 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Torchy's?  Meh.  Overhyped, overrated, overpriced. 

Agreed.

16 hours ago, Deej said:

Giant burritos suck. Give me a plate full of tacos, any day.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Brisket is overrated.

My wife agrees.

Wait, wut?

• Like 1

Italian cuisine is hugely overrated.  (Same for french).

Don't get me wrong: I cook tons of it at home because of the simplicity; I like their concept of micro-regionality; etc etc

But I've been to enough regions enough times with enough locals/nationals in all sorts joints but still don't come home feeling impressed.

To contrast, places where my gluttony is assuredly satisfied: Spain, and Malaysia/Singapore