Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

Yup, has cucumber in it, so... also gross.
Just a little Greek yogurt with some oilive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and dill works wonders in its place, tastes so much better without any disgusting cucumber flavor.

You must really hate Bud Light then.
  • Like 1

Nope tacos are better, the big ball of dough at the end of a burrito is gross

For breakfast, I want a bacon egg and cheese taco and a chorizo potato eggs cheese one, I have the option for different taste. With a burrito you're fucked cant get the different flavors,just everything in one or you're missing something

Tacos 》 Burrito FACT

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, po elvis said:

ok i will be the one to do it.

Whataburger is a below average fast food burger.

Very unremarkable take.  It's mass produced fast food.  I guess I'd grab a burger there over McDonalds, Wendy's or Burger King, but since I'm no longer a poor college student, the answer is none of the above if I want a quality hamburger. 

20 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

There is not a single redeeming thing about corn. (snip)

How are you making your frito pies without corn?  I love frito pies.  Not unpopular except to those that don't like corn, and thus presumably deliciously fried corn chips.  Add some raw diced red onion and mustard with your chili and fritos.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:53 AM, Lobo said:

I'll never wrap my head around how Texas "Men" can go on and on about their hunting prowess, their gun collection, how good they were at football in high school, etc., etc., etc.  And then eat mayonnaise.  

Well, other than shooting at (and usually missing) squirrels and rabbits on the farm as a kid, I've never hunted in my life. My collection of guns is one old ass 20 gauge (the same one I shot at rabbits with over 30 years ago as a kid. I lost the 22 somewhere along the years). I was fourth or fifth on the depth chart as a receiver in HS in an offense that was geared around the idea of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

But by gawd, I can eat me some mayo covered fries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Very unremarkable take.  It's mass produced fast food.  I guess I'd grab a burger there over McDonalds, Wendy's or Burger King, but since I'm no longer a poor college student, the answer is none of the above if I want a quality hamburger. 

You just named 3 large fast food chains that you’d take Whataburger over. That’s a strong indicator that it’s not, in fact, “a below average fast food burger.” 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Smax said:
13 hours ago, ztejas said:
Yeah I dont get the rib eye > filet crowd.
A filet is a fucking filet and when done right is the best steak you can get imo

Theres a reason most filets are served with sauce

That hasn't been my experience but okay. 

17 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

You just named 3 large fast food chains that you’d take Whataburger over. That’s a strong indicator that it’s not, in fact, “a below average fast food burger.” 

Or, it could be an indicator that Whataburger, in fact, joins McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King in the "below average fast food burger" category.  Being better than those other three joints is nothing to brag about.

35 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Well, other than shooting at (and usually missing) squirrels and rabbits on the farm as a kid, I've never hunted in my life. My collection of guns is one old ass 20 gauge (the same one I shot at rabbits with over 30 years ago as a kid. I lost the 22 somewhere along the years). I was fourth or fifth on the depth chart as a receiver in HS in an offense that was geared around the idea of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

But by gawd, I can eat me some mayo covered fries.

I'm not really understanding the contention that it's somehow more manly to like certain condiments and turn your nose up at others than it is to like them all.

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Or, it could be an indicator that Whataburger, in fact, joins McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King in the "below average fast food burger" category.  Being better than those other three joints is nothing to brag about.

But they’re all fast food. That’s a category to itself. Maybe you can name a bunch of fast food burgers you’d prefer to Whataburger, but when you name 3 of the largest chains and say you’d take it over them, you’re trending by definition to it not being “below average.”

Your talk about a quality burger more generally is a digression.

Edited by formermav43

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Then what is an average or above average fast food burger? 

5 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

But they’re all fast food. That’s a category to itself. Maybe you can name a bunch of fast food burgers you’d prefer to Whataburger, but when you name 3 of the largest chains and say you’d take it over them, you’re trending by definition to it not being “below average.”

Your talk about a quality burger more generally is a digression.

Your mom is a digression.

WarmheartedBelatedBeauceron-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2