Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

That hasn't been my experience but okay. 
Really?

Steak au poivre or sauce bearnaise doesnt ring any bells.

Probably the 2 most common ways a filet is served in any decent steakhouse or restaurant, or the chain driven wrapped in bacon.

I can dig a filet from time to time but due to how lean it is it lacks the flavor of a rib eye and strip

5 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Not necessarily unpopular, but weird. 

The only food I cannot stand is capers. And I love olives. But capers are the most foul thing anyone could try to serve me. I’ll eat pretty much anything else. It’s strange. 

I like capers but can totally understand why someone wouldn't.

12 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

The only food I cannot stand is capers. And I love olives. But capers are the most foul thing anyone could try to serve me. I’ll eat pretty much anything else. It’s strange. 

Image result for dom capers

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Planet Houston said:

I read this in the voice of the chef from the restaurant season of "Curb"...."And one more thing, capers.  I cannot stand them.  I will not cook with them." 

"Okay!  No capers..." 

6 hours ago, South Austin said:

Or, it could be an indicator that Whataburger, in fact, joins McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King in the "below average fast food burger" category.  Being better than those other three joints is nothing to brag about.

it’s already been said but I thought you were originally saying that fast food burgers in general were sub-standard burgers.  that I understand.  I don’t understand calling whataburger a below average fast food burger.  and if it is, what’s an above average fast food burger?

5 hours ago, Smax said:

Steak au poivre or sauce bearnaise doesnt ring any bells.

Probably the 2 most common ways a filet is served in any decent steakhouse or restaurant,

only white trash orders shit on top of their steak.  if that’s what you meant by “common”.

What are the tweaks?

Use one 6 oz can of tomato paste instead of tomato sauce.

Chop one medium white onion and one clove of garlic. Add these to the meat when you are browning it.

Use good quality ground sirloin and skip the step where you drain.

Use one bottle of Shiner Bock instead of water.
Add one fresh whole Jalapeño when you are simmering.

49685e93965bc032e0ff19f8b36c1368.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 8

The brisket at Taylor Cafe is shit.

I tried it four time over a three year stretch and it was bone dry and worse than bill miller every time. I gave up trying a few years ago. I don’t know if I just got “unlucky” four times but I never experienced the hype that it received on the predecessors to this site.

The brisket at Taylor Cafe is shit.
I tried it four time over a three year stretch and it was bone dry and worse than bill miller every time. I gave up trying a few years ago. I don’t know if I just got “unlucky” four times but I never experienced the hype that it received on the predecessors to this site.

You don’t go there for the food. You go there to support the old man. The food is horrible.
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, MalibuSheriff said:

Kerby Lane Cafe sucks donkey ass.

And drumroll please......breakfast tacos/burritos are highly overrated.

You suck at life.

11 hours ago, MalibuSheriff said:

Manhattan Clam Chowder far superior to New England Clam Chowder.

I get it now, you have no taste whatsoever.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 1:14 PM, bigcigar said:

El Pollo regio is the best fast food chain on the planet

Just had it for the first time the other night, pretty damn good. Habanero sauce will get your attention. 

On 4/21/2019 at 12:44 AM, Your Mom said:

Avocado does not taste good.  There’s nothing especially bad about it either but it’s bland as fuck. People who rave about it and insist on slices of it on every fucking thing are just caving to the peer pressure of healthy eating. There is no way anyone actually loves it as much as they say they do.  

I like guacamole because you can season it however the fuck you want, but agree completely about avocado slices. Keep that shit off my burgers & sandwiches. 

Edited by spystud13

On 4/21/2019 at 2:53 PM, Henry Hill said:

Chicago deep dish pizza is meh. Not really pizza IMO if you have to eat it with a knife and fork.

I'm glad this was already posted, so I didn't have to do it myself.

Same with IPA beers & mayo (unless mixed with mustard, because mustard makes almost everything better)

Mustard is kind of the condiments

On 4/22/2019 at 1:40 PM, Hank_Hill said:

There is not a single redeeming thing about corn. Elotes is only good because of the 10 other delicious additions. 

Bourbon.  Posole.  Tortillas.

Edited by baboso
spelling is hard.
  • Like 4

I'm glad this was already posted, so I didn't have to do it myself.
Same with IPA beers & mayo (unless mixed with mustard, because mustard makes almost everything better)
Mustard is kind of the condiments

I mean.. chicago pizza is "good" if you're downtown chicago with a group doing tourist things.

I probably wouldn't walk across the street for it otherwise.

What fucking communist thinks gravy is nasty?  JFC.  

Chicago / Conan’s deep dish pizza is outstanding. 

Wasn’t a huge seafood fan, sans shrimp, until moving up here to the Northeast.  I love me some lobster, lobster rolls, lobster bisque, NE clam chowder, crab legs, crab rolls.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

Wasn’t a huge seafood fan, sans shrimp, until moving up here to the Northeast.  I love me some lobster, lobster rolls, lobster bisque, NE clam chowder, crab legs, crab rolls.  

Wait. You became a Yankee and then you started liking seafood? What in the holy hell fuck?!?