Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

fucking stop writing EVOO.  and stop saying extra-virgin-olive-oil. 

i dont think ive heard or read people disclaim 'use leftover olive oil, the 3rd-pressed squeeze-everything-out kind'. 

98% of olive oils sold are EV.  its not saffron - theyre not expensive or rare.  EVOO is synonymous with olive oil.  so just say fucking olive oil.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Topper13 said:

Sweet relish sucks.

We had an unopened jar in the outside fridge (I have no idea why).  Yesterday, getting a yogurt from there, my daughter knocked it out and it broke.  I heard the noise and came out, and she apologized for breaking it.  I sniffed, and said "fuck it, it was just sweet relish, we were never gonna use it."

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 6:32 PM, Dbeasy said:

Today, I am devastated.  Coronavirus is nothing compared to the grief I now face.  They changed the crust recipe on Pop Tarts, and now it's a crumbly shitty bland tasting mess.

I am still pissed off that they no longer make the blueberry ones without that god awful frosting on them.

13 hours ago, 52-80 said:

i dont think ive heard or read people disclaim 'use leftover olive oil, the 3rd-pressed squeeze-everything-out kind'. 

98% of olive oils sold are EV.  its not saffron - theyre not expensive or rare.  EVOO is synonymous with olive oil.  so just say fucking olive oil.

Not unpopular

7 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Blueberry Pop Tarts without frosting.

I no longer see these in the store. Only frosted.

I see you can get unfrosted on line however.

Unfrosted with butter on top is greatness

Edited by pops

triscuits are pretty much the perfect cracker for cheese

now, when you top the smoked gouda flavored triscuit, with .... smoked gouda?  that's next level snacking right there

also - why does canada get all the boss supper flavor blasted goldfish varieties like sour cream and onion, salt & vinegar, parmesan, and colby jack, and i can find here is cheddar

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

also - why does canada get all the boss supper flavor blasted goldfish varieties like sour cream and onion, salt & vinegar, parmesan, and colby jack, and i can find here is cheddar

Thailand has all sorts of cool flavors. This one tastes nothing like lobster and isn't spicy:

spacer.png

I blame rachel ray, who didn't save any syllables because she immediately explained that "ee vee oh oh" was her shorthand for extra virgin olive oil.

23 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The only edible form of Tuna is steak. 

The canned chum is worse than cat food  

Toro would like a word with you, although I do still prefer most other sushi to tuna offerings 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know...that’s the champagne of beers.

Pearl is definitely better. 

I’d say the GOAT cheap beer is Yuengling. Honorable mention to Old Style. 

Some years ago, I used my fake ID to buy an Old Style at Cubs game. One of the best beers of my life. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don’t want to get flamed in the Beer thread. Miller High Life is pretty solid. Picked up a 12 pack of bottles for $7.99.

anyone gives you shit for drinking drinking the champagne of beers, you tell em to fuck right off. you don't have to worry about it because anyone that would give a man shit for drinking high life has certainly never been in a fight. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 8:04 PM, Jack Straw said:

triscuits are pretty much the perfect cracker for cheese

which cheese, kraft singles?  the fuck is wrong with you?

and you clowns eating pop tarts should take a long look in the mirror and reevaluate some things. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1