Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

appreciation of kimchi is supposed to be like 3rd level of ethnic cuisine sophistication (after you discover sushi and fucking panda express or something)... but its disgusting

Heh, that’s something a dummkopf would say.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Deej said:

I have to go to a dinner party where one guest requested nothing be cooked with onions. 

Fuck you. Stay home. 

20 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

We had a deer lease way back when wherein one of the lease members had a kid that hated onions and garlic.  We all liked to cook good food and always served whatever the hell we wanted to.  That kid was cordially invited to enjoy our never-ending supply of peanut butter, jelly, and white bread.  The kid eventually grew out of it. 

TLDR -- Sad that your dinner party guest never got tough love out at a deer lease.

When I was single about 95% of my cooking involved onions. My wife hates onions. The compromise is that whenever I cook, I cut the onions into large enough chunks so she can easily pick them out. The essence is still there though so it doesn't ruin the dish. 

On 5/5/2021 at 6:29 AM, Beau Vine said:

About 98% of what I cook has onions, garlic, and jalapenos.  

Yeah, I have vanishingly few recipes without at least one, likely two or more of those things.  You can’t even make soup or most decent pasta sauces without those things. 

My family likes roasts (especially chicken) where the vegetables and potatoes are in the same pan as the roast. This is, to be fair, the best way to make vegetables good.

They don’t like the big onion pieces or whole garlic cloves I tuck in there, so more for me.  Garlic cloves that roasted in the bottom of a chicken pan are ambrosial. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2021 at 6:12 PM, Deej said:

I have to go to a dinner party where one guest requested nothing be cooked with onions. 

Fuck you. Stay home. 

I am allergic to onions but just pick them out of things. It would be ridiculous to ask people not to cook onions. 

15 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

pizza should have zucchini flowers (and anchovies) on it...who wants to fight me

31389-pizza-con-fiori-di-zucca-e-alici.j

I didn't know zucchini flowers were a thing, but I'd eat this in a heart beat.  Anchovies are definitely underrated.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I didn't know zucchini flowers were a thing, but I'd eat this in a heart beat.  Anchovies are definitely underrated.

apparently theyre not sold much because they go bad very quickly, but the italians and romans eat a ton of them filled or fried. 

Fiori-di-zucca-ripieni-di-ricotta-e-spin

fioridizuccaripienilight7746-1200.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

For the most part, IPAs suck.

Yeah, I’ve gotten tired of IPAs. Started as a good thing but turned into some sort of bizarre bitterness contest.  A lot of them are just too much.  I’ve kinda come full circle and will spring for a good, solid, no frills Pilsen most of the time now.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, I’ve gotten tired of IPAs. Started as a good thing but turned into some sort of bizarre bitterness contest.  A lot of them are just too much.  I’ve kinda come full circle and will spring for a good, solid, no frills Pilsen most of the time now.

This guy says hello.....

spacer.png

SIAP but Jif now has squeeze peanut butter.  Completely shifts the paradigm of uses for peanut butter.  I can eat crackers and peanut butter about 1000x more efficiently.  Want some PB on that Girl Scout cookie?  Jif squeeze PB to the rescue.  It slams.  I eat way more PB now.  And that’s a good thing. 

Edited by CycleTex87

9 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

SIAP but Jif now has squeeze peanut butter.  Completely shifts the paradigm of uses for peanut butter.  I can eat crackers and peanut butter about 1000x more efficiently.  Want some PB on that Girl Scout cookie?  Jif squeeze PB to the rescue.  It slams.  I eat way more PB now.  And that’s a good thing. 

Karen Key Largo:

Shark Tank Writing GIF

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

You weren't spooning or knife spreading the PB on your crackers before were you? Just take the cracker/cookie and use it to scoop the PB right out of the PB tub!

Edited by Sam Lin
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Homercles said:

Not gonna read 37 pages but crawfish are only worth it as a social and beer drinking endeavor, that juice is never worth the squeeze...or the fucked up thumbs. 

I have a hard time watching the little mudbugs run around and then seeing them boil for me to eat. Not worth it. Them love 'em life just like I do.

On 5/8/2021 at 10:43 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

For the most part, IPAs suck.

I don't care for them either.  Tastes like pine cones/ soap.

That being said, whatever draws more capital for brewers to make good beer is cool with me.

5 hours ago, Homercles said:

Not gonna read 37 pages but crawfish are only worth it as a social and beer drinking endeavor, that juice is never worth the squeeze...or the fucked up thumbs. 

order the etouffee and white rice then.

You might cry at the spice though...

4 hours ago, slorch said:

order the etouffee and white rice then.

You might cry at the spice though...

I don’t order shit, my Cajun neighbor boils them every year and I assist.  His are the spiciest and best I’ve had.  Afterwards we eat them for about an hour straight, then I take a trash bags worth home for lunch the next few days.  

It slices the fuck out of my thumbs after a couple days, and eating them alone isn’t the same...so yeah I’m going to politely decline leftovers next time because the grooves in my thumbs hold the seasoning and your mom complains it burns her vag when I’m fisting her.  

• Haha 3