Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

It's more the consistency I guess that the color. But I don't know I have no problem with mustard or bbq sauce. It's the combo of the light color, creamy consistency and non sweetness. It gives me the heebie jeebies. I can't even smell cool ranch Doritos without wanting to vomit.

I can’t believe I’m going to post this...

I can’t stand anyone who says a good steak doesn’t need sauce . I irrationally hate them.

if you put a gun up to my head I would say the best tasting wine is a white zinfandel.

i can’t stand bacon on my burger . It’s too overpowering . And speaking of bacon I still dip mine in syrup for breakfast like an 8 year old.

5 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

When we go eat at del friscos or Perry’s or wherever I have no shame . I order the filet and ask for a-1 or bournaise sauce on the side. 

top 5 thread entry.  great work. 

also just curious but how do you have it cooked?

Edited by futureman

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

top 5 thread entry.  great work. 

also just curious but how do you have it cooked?

You won’t like this answer but medium rare . I’m not an idiot. The sauce brings out the flavor. That’s what people don’t understand.

I agree with no bacon on a burger, jacks up the flavor. 

I don’t mind a house made pan sauce on a filet, I actually love a good hollandaise or bernaise sauce but no way am I putting some bottled store bought sauce on my steak.

7 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I didn't read pages 2-4, but I'm gonna run with the ranch thought on Page 1. 

White sauce - any kind of it - is nauseatingly disgusting. Ranch. Sour cream. Mayo. Cream cheese. Alfredo. Hollaindaise. Barf to all of it. If they use mayo or cream to thicken up other kind of sauce. Barf to that also. 

White gravy kicks all sorts of ass.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

White sauce - any kind of it - is nauseatingly disgusting. Ranch. Sour cream. Mayo. Cream cheese. Alfredo. Hollaindaise. Barf to all of it. If they use mayo or cream to thicken up other kind of sauce. Barf to that also. 

your mom doesnt seem to barf up my white sauce

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

10 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

And here I thought baboon wasn’t such a bad person.  I now know  I’ve been wrong all this time.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 2:24 AM, Tailgate said:

Chili is best with beans.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, BayouBill said:

I would put A1 sauce on the greatest steak ever cooked in the all of human history. 

A1 is also fantastic on chicken fried steak and baked potatoes.

Pepsi all day over coke

On 4/22/2019 at 12:10 PM, CurlyDumps said:

Brisket is overrated.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:55 PM, d.plainview872 said:

The culinary world would be superior without salt, onions, cilantro, and vinegar.

18 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Coffee is terrible

e49.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Do you mean the chewy things, of whatever flavor, as opposed to anise-flavored candy, of whatever type (hard, chewy, etc.?).  Because although often called "licorice," the chewy things aren't licorice, most especially not the various red ones.  The black ones are "licorice flavored."

I'm talking red vines, and anything in that universe.  All nasty.

And yes, the coffee comment is straight retarded.  

Edited by Sbbruin

After reading the most overrated restaurants in Austin thread, I realized some of my food opinions may be unpopular.  Here goes: 

- breakfast tacos are better with a strip of bacon (not pieces) and should have re-fried beans

- The influx of "Californians" to Austin is making the food better -- not worse

- y mas is the most overrated restaurant in Austin (at least by Surly) 

3 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Avocado is a fucking disgusting mushy fart  of a "fruit" that should die a horrible death.

Thinking about the smell, texture, and taste make me want to vomit uncontrollably. 

Come at me, brethren! 

Avocado is fucking amazing always, avocado prices suck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tasking Monkey said:

Why, to eat boiled crawfish covered in powder, I'll pass. I lived in VA. and experienced this method of eating seafood. It's not good.

Eating Blue crabs suck...  I grew up on the Chesapeake bay...  sitting around drinking beer...sure.  Why ruin that with crabs?